Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Endless nose severing spree... saay what?  (Read 2080 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Endless nose severing spree... saay what?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 08:14:18 pm »

Though when you are on the ground, you can put people in leg-locks, so I would assume it would be possible to grapple with your toes if you are prone on the ground.

Not really, I'm afraid. [STANCE] bodyparts don't seem to have any wrestling moves associated with them.

Like I said, if I added [LIMB] to toes, you would be able to. When prone on the ground, you can wrestle with your upper and lower legs, because they have the [LIMB] token.
As feet do not have either [LIMB] or [GRASP] tokens, they cannot be used to wrestle. Though adding [GRASP] to feet would be hilarious

I cant seem to replicate the problem of toes and fingers not being covered by armor. I however dont recall whether or not the ones I use are modded. Heres one:

[BP:TOE1:first toe:STP][CONTYPE:STANCE][DIGIT][SMALL][CATEGORY:TOE]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:5]

Whatever this does have, and the bugged ones dont, is likely what fixed the issue. If not the maybe it got fixed, but nobody noticed yet.

I do wish I could get this to work with throats and noses.

Odd, those tokens look right, and I can't seem to recreate it in arena mode. It may just be that the wiki is outdated, it wouldn't be the first time. Though facial features not being protected and body armour protecting almost everything when they have a high enough [UBSTEP] still seem to be bugged.

Edit:
So we could have assless chaps (i.e. do not protect the legs) that are so long they drape over the feet, covering the toes.  But all of our shoes and boots are open toe.  Very interesting.  Dwarven fashion is a cruel mistress.

Body and leg armor can never protect hands, feet and head. It can however protect everything else, including the legs, arms, throat, nose, and possible fingers and toes.
If you want some of those funky assless chaps you have to make very long boots.

To add on to the "ass-less chaps" conundrum, the reason they must be defined as shoes is because of the way pants are worn. Pants and other lower body apparel are actually attached to the lower torso, which is an area that covers the bottom of the ribcage to the bottom of the hips, and from there is where the upper legs start, which is why it is possible for legless dwarves to still wear pants. Therefore, an article of leg clothing with an [LBSTEP] of 0, such as the short skirt, is quite literally a belt.

Though I see nothing wrong with modding in +Steel Championship Belts+ for your wrestlers.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:27:50 pm by BlackFlyme »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »

So we could have assless chaps (i.e. do not protect the legs) that are so long they drape over the feet, covering the toes.  But all of our shoes and boots are open toe.  Very interesting.  Dwarven fashion is a cruel mistress.

Body and leg armor can never protect hands, feet and head. It can however protect everything else, including the legs, arms, throat, nose, and possible fingers and toes.
If you want some of those funky assless chaps you have to make very long boots.

To add on to the "ass-less chaps" conundrum, the reason they must be defined as shoes is because of the way pants are worn. Pants and other lower body apparel are actually attached to the lower torso, which is an area that covers the bottom of the ribcage to the bottom of the hips, and from there is where the upper legs start, which is why it is possible for legless dwarves to still wear pants. Therefore, an article of leg clothing with an [LBSTEP] of 0, such as the short skirt, is quite literally a belt.

Though I see nothing wrong with modding in +Steel Championship Belts+ for your wrestlers.

Amusingly dwarves will then consider a shirt, belt and shoes to be a fully dignified outfit.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:55 pm »

well if you added a "mid section" to the humanoid body plan then the lower body would take a new meaning? and add another spine piece called "tail bone" or something like that.

but yes this is not Grim Grimiour is it?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 06:34:53 am »

well if you added a "mid section" to the humanoid body plan then the lower body would take a new meaning? and add another spine piece called "tail bone" or something like that.

but yes this is not Grim Grimiour is it?

Not sure what that would solve, or how the game handles the upper and lower body not being attached.

Should do some science on that, it could at the very least make it so that body armor doesnt automaticaly cover the lower body as well.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 10:54:13 am »

Guess I had more of my post in my head, sorry I meant the midsection would count for the belly where as the lowerbody stays as the waist so things like belts don't seem to absurd or better yet makes more sense to have pants on it and the like

then most upperbody clothing can have a UB/LBSTEP of 1 (Vest and Capes might just be different as they only use LBSTEP) of course I don't fully understand how these tags completely work so they might not work as I think they work.
Pages: 1 [2]