Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Edit: the (realistic) future you are working towards.  (Read 7221 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Edit: the (realistic) future you are working towards.
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 08:44:46 am »

Don't like how I'm going about it? Fuck you too.

Sounds like angry teenager's rant, but whatever floats your boat.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 10:24:54 am »

WORDS WORDS WORDS RANT RANT RANT

Stop whining, just jump out into it. Get called ugly, retry, get ignored, retry. Get a girlfriend, she gets murdered and raped, retry, retry retry.

Thats how i do it. With moderate success.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 11:32:10 am »

Get a girlfriend, she gets murdered and raped, retry, retry retry.

Wait, what.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 12:13:06 pm »

Wait, what.

Dont want to know, you dont want to.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:30 pm »

Wait, what.
I'm in agreement with this sentiment. What? o_O

Anyway, I already got to some thinking; I'm feeling like I'm becoming less and less able to relate to these forums (at least, these lower forums), and might be considering hopping on the bandwagon of departure. Or at least, minimizing my posting to maybe the Play With Your Buddies sections (catching some livestreams as well) and the occasional post in the upper forums. I feel like I belong better with more niche groups, and should stay out of the more general matters of things (Politics, religious debates and what have you; I exist way too far in the outskirts to even relate with my own kind even). It's feeling like the strangest case of Deja Vu for me; so following my instincts, I'm bailing before I potenially hit a wall like last time at possibly a harder velocity than the last time. Seeing as my recent posts weren't exactly the most sane ones I've made (even by my standards, now that I've re-read them in a more level-headed state)... yeah. I'm at least going to do what I can to avoid hitting a despair event horizon (possibly again), and accidentally really badly affect everyone else (as well as suffer the wrath of the Toad), and end up making those less sensible posts more often. So, basically, this is a semi-goodbye. I'll still be on Steam and such and SS-13, and the upper forums from time to time, I'm just going to keep my vocalization to a bare minimum. I've come to understand why I never socialize anymore, I am mostly incapable of it. I'm too unorthodox. And although I can still work as a functioning member of society, my methods of communication is a different matter.

So, adios lower forums. It's been fun; but I think I've hit my limit of relatability here.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:59:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The best possible future
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »

Technical immortality throgh uploading my mind out of this unsightly bag of meat into some kind of digital substrate, whereupon reality will become the playground for my imagination.
I'm dreaming of a future the opposite of this. One where we do not cast off our meaty bodies, but where ore meaty bodies are super powered.

As far as "peace and love for all", I'm not sure how realistic that is, so I'm leaving it out.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

A future where I feel my opinion matters, my efforts are worth something, and I can admire my efforts and not feel inadequate with myself and be happy with life, rather than think of future years of my life as a slow, monotonous drag.

Sure, it might seem selfish, but the only really effective change can be achieved through one's own will. I can't magically change the world with a snap, nor could I brainwash the whole world into a world of cooperation and love and tolerance. Might as well work towards what I'd most likely be able to achieve.

Technical immortality throgh uploading my mind out of this unsightly bag of meat into some kind of digital substrate, whereupon reality will become the playground for my imagination.
I'm dreaming of a future the opposite of this. One where we do not cast off our meaty bodies, but where ore meaty bodies are super powered.
Viva le cyborg? Ia Ia Robocop?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]