Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: blood barrels  (Read 3222 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: blood barrels
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:44 pm »

Perhaps only dwarf blood would work?

Wasn't there some person on here who managed to get dwarves to harvest their bones? Cannabalize that for production of dwarf blood.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »

if you use the bone harvesting method, you should totally make a custom workshop that resembles a doctors office, and make it require a medical skill. Then you can have dwarven blood drives.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 03:09:00 pm »

No discernable effects. Steaming booze and alcohol have no effect on vampires.
Just out of interest, what sorts of effects were you prepared for?

I was hoping for condensation on/contamination of skin and clothing with the steam, ad with it, the chance it would contaminate the mouth.

I examined the vampymaid exhaustively after repeated exposure to the gas clouds, of both blood and booze. None of it stuck to her in any fashion. She did not lose the "can't remember when she had any" thought.

Next experiment is to see if hostile sapients being rendered unconcious are sufficiently edible.

(Note, I also tested with a rare barrel of dingo man blood with the das diffuser. Null result.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

Does boiling booze count as an inhaled syndrome?

Either way, I look forward to the day when I can have 30 brewers on hand, dumping barrels into a trough that pours the booze into a waterfall, splattering over a naturally warmed floor and filling the dining hall with a booze sauna.

I think [SYN_INHALED] does not imply [SYN_INGESTED] so you actually could have a booze mist syndrome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 2 [3]