Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 564182 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3555 on: September 27, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »

how do yo give up? if you die in the arean in elona+  you take stat loss. its chr and willpower i think.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: September 27, 2013, 05:58:09 pm »

Press Escape while in an arena battle.

You can also do this with pet battles.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: September 27, 2013, 07:23:22 pm »

Thanks everyone! I am way too powerful at punching and destroy the weak monster I want to catch (like silver cats and putits) with my fists and have decent levels (about 10) in all weapons, thanks to Traveling's passive training of all skills. I'll probably go the poison/weak poor-material weapon path.

Bomb throwers really are vicious. Especially to mages as the sound damage confuses leading to miscasts, even with high resist. But then there's resist confusion equips for a reason... which I really should wear more, but the Unknown Shell, my Miracle ring with
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: September 28, 2013, 10:56:24 am »

you can get more monster balls in shops and drops. when you get 'investing' and increase shop levels they are more likely to be there. this will take time, but they will come. investing is expensive so its not something you do right away. if you are using elona+ version 1.28 you can do 'invest 50' which lets you buy 50 levels at once at a discount (still expensive). you have to have enough gold on hand to get this.

you dont need to do the quests in order. just skip them until you want to do them. they are not that critical.

the elona forums are mostly dead, but if you go there and go to help, there is a very long thread where a newb asked a ton of questions and got lots of answers.

there is alot of info here.

http://elona.squares.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5401

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: September 28, 2013, 10:58:44 am »

i tried the failing performances, you do lose willpower and charisma in elona+ failing these. i was rong.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: September 28, 2013, 03:14:56 pm »

Well, I've been playing elona+, and after eating a putit corpse, I got the message "Your skin becomes smooth", what does this mean?
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: September 28, 2013, 03:30:13 pm »

Well, I've been playing elona+, and after eating a putit corpse, I got the message "Your skin becomes smooth", what does this mean?
+Charisma
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: September 28, 2013, 03:59:15 pm »

Another small question, how do you increase party size?

Edit: D'oh! One more question, how do you gain weight, and what are the effects of gaining/losing weight? I ate some cursed food before I found out it was cursed, and I lost weight. Sorry to keep asking about random things.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:32:25 pm by MCipher »
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: September 28, 2013, 04:09:15 pm »

Have more charisma. Every 5 past 10 is another slot.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03:24 pm »

If your still having problems with weakening a creature because you are far too high of level, you could try this http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sasumata
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: September 28, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »

If your still having problems with weakening a creature because you are far too high of level, you could try this http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sasumata
Haha, I'm nowhere near enough faith to reach that. Good thinking, though, I forgot it existed.

Also somehow I unlocked the Squeeze action as I've reached base strength 30. Hooray.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: October 15, 2013, 09:33:29 pm »

Edit: D'oh! One more question, how do you gain weight, and what are the effects of gaining/losing weight? I ate some cursed food before I found out it was cursed, and I lost weight. Sorry to keep asking about random things.

Generally, weight is meaningless.

However, throwing up too much (such as by eating cursed food) can cause anorexia, which causes you to throw up whenever you eat.  So be careful.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: October 15, 2013, 10:31:15 pm »

Turns out sandbagged monsters don't provide any exp anymore. Darn.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: October 16, 2013, 12:48:26 am »

Generally, weight is meaningless.

However, throwing up too much (such as by eating cursed food) can cause anorexia, which causes you to throw up whenever you eat.  So be careful.

Drinking milk will sometimes give you more weight. Also the throwing up is checked with a timer; as long as you don't throw up too many times in a row it will be fine.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: October 16, 2013, 01:07:19 am »

I thought all foods had a chance to give weight, and milk had a chance to increase height. The point on vomiting stands, though.

Vomiting too much can cause some pretty serious damage, to the point where cursed drinks used to be used to kill <Utima>, the Machine chaos fort boss. Of course, that doesn't work these days.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 291