Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944829 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #8220 on: September 15, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

The Thief wasn't the ranged fighter...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: September 15, 2014, 07:37:46 pm »

At least they've given us a framework that modders can do many things with. Haven't played unmodded in a long while now.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: September 28, 2014, 11:51:46 am »

What’s this? Well, I’m not telling you.

Actually starbound producers that feature has been in the game... for a while now. It is just that this is the first time it has been allowed above ground.

Unfortunately the last time I saw doll houses there was nothing I really could do with them except break them for pixels.

At least they've given us a framework that modders can do many things with. Haven't played unmodded in a long while now.

True, I never give the developers credit for that mind you.

---

I am kind of hoping they would make the starter guns for the Novakids a bit more... not modern. I know they want to give them a gimmick of guns from the get go and that is fine.

But change their appearance so they are like bamboo guns or crude early weaponry.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: December 09, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »

Sooo, I haven't played this in approximately forever. Decided after playing a bit that it was best to shelf it for a while. Now that the game's been on early access a year (according to their blog) how's it looking? Have the started to flesh out the tiered system better? Is it worth installing again? Or should I wait until they hit 1.0? I know their PR hasn't be superb at times, have they stopped saying stupid things? (Last I remember was the strange Glitch AI situation, with the horseboobs).

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8224 on: December 09, 2014, 01:14:24 pm »

They haven't done a stable update since... well, probably since you last played. So the game is exactly the same. You could try the unstable builds, but I'd recommend waiting until they release a new stable one. They keep promising it will be "soon." They also keep saying that they're more productive now that they're all in one office. And they are posting news updates far less frequently, and most of their updates include something along the lines of "oh, I forgot about writing news updates for a while, sorry." So... take from that what you will.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: December 09, 2014, 01:15:38 pm »

They've still got nightly builds adding a little here and there, and a couple new features, but they haven't released an official "stable" one in forever, and the most recent one doesn't have the things the "unstable" builds do. I'd recommend playing with mods, which have been steadily growing in the meantime.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: December 09, 2014, 02:01:05 pm »

wow I remember waiting anxiously for the game for like 2 years.. and I still managed to completely forget it even existed a week or so after buying it on day 1 :(

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:37 pm »

That's ok. I forget that this game even exists all the time.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: December 09, 2014, 02:19:24 pm »

Sounds like I'll be filling this back under "check out later". Still liking the idea of it's future form, still waiting to see that realized.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: December 09, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

I played with "more beta than beta" like yesterday.  Nothing new at lower tiers, and shields still say "needs a description".  Monsters are buggy and de-sync even for single player, as if I were on a server with lag.

Nightly build just won't even open for me.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: December 09, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »

Stardew Valley is going to release before Starbound is playable and interesting.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: December 09, 2014, 05:01:41 pm »

Last a checked about a month ago they were actually tearing apart and rebuilding the game engine. There's nothing new, and another developer or two left. Same story, they promise someday something will happen and it hasn't.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: December 09, 2014, 05:05:02 pm »

There are a few developments that are interesting in the sense that the reflect the game's new path.

For example hunger no longer exists.

Food exists only for buffs.

So the game has less of the Survival Exploration aspect now and to the future.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: December 09, 2014, 05:05:58 pm »

I wish I could unfollow this goddamn thread. :/ Mostly because I love the game and I don't want to hear the complaining.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: December 09, 2014, 05:07:11 pm »

Last a checked about a month ago they were actually tearing apart and rebuilding the game engine. There's nothing new, and another developer or two left. Same story, they promise someday something will happen and it hasn't.
I think it's interesting that that's what Terraria did.  Released game, "We're gonna make it interesting later!"  Then updated it with honestly more of the same stuff, just more of it, and then left.  Starbound is doing pretty much the same thing, except Starbound even started out with broken tiers...  They've also pushed out ANOTHER game that I can't even think of the name, but has "official terraria content" and as soon as I saw that I was like "Oh wait, let's not."
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 565