Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944626 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7275 on: February 10, 2014, 01:51:19 pm »

nope something I made myself, with Tarran's help.

I've also added the parallax fix for magma and volcanic worlds, so you should be able to travel to those without getting stuck in FTL.

All mods that I add will be compatible with vanilla clients, so players don't have to do any extra legwork to join.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:53:05 pm by Tylui »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »

Oh wow, major haul on my first Gamma sector planet.

- Both the two initial techs
- Enough titanium to make myself a weapon and Knight's Armor
- Toxic Flower Backpack x2
- "Katheb's Wrath", an avian blaster, 82 dps @ 5 damage a shot @ 2 energy a shot, fires little firey orbs that slowly drift towards the ground, stacking all its DPS up at once without aggroing.
- Verdant Railgun, a railgun that inflicts poison, 68 dps, 42 damage a shot, @ about 30 energy a shot
- Awesome Boomerizer, a rocket launcher that drops carpet bombs.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7277 on: February 10, 2014, 02:23:36 pm »

Oh wow, major haul on my first Gamma sector planet.

- Both the two initial techs
- Enough titanium to make myself a weapon and Knight's Armor
- Toxic Flower Backpack x2
- "Katheb's Wrath", an avian blaster, 82 dps @ 5 damage a shot @ 2 energy a shot, fires little firey orbs that slowly drift towards the ground, stacking all its DPS up at once without aggroing.
- Verdant Railgun, a railgun that inflicts poison, 68 dps, 42 damage a shot, @ about 30 energy a shot
- Awesome Boomerizer, a rocket launcher that drops carpet bombs.

Wow. Nice haul.

I'm kind of disappointed so far with Delta. Haven't found much of anything interesting. Keep dying to boss monsters and losing my pixels. I've only seen a few chests on these worlds and none had anything interesting inside. And the volcanic planets are cool and all, but it's such a pain to mine there that it's really not worth going.

I had much better luck in gamma. : /

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: February 10, 2014, 04:29:54 pm »

Do meteor showers happens as a rare occurence on all planets or is it planet specific?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: February 10, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

Planet specific. If you see craters in the background, probably not a good sign.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: February 10, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »

Meteors aren't connected to the background at all. Each planet will get a weather set from its biome file. Some of those sets contain meteors. The way it's set up now, any given planet will either have meteors 3% of the time, large meteors 1% of the time, or no meteors whatsoever, irrespective of planet type. It's also set up so that if you see any weather other than clear or meteors, your planet won't have meteors.

On a similar note, more blatant advertising, this time with pictures. It adds more colors of glowing rain.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7281 on: February 10, 2014, 05:23:39 pm »

It's been proven that the craters in the background are, unfortunately, not related to there being meteors on a planet.

The meteors are a type of weather. When the planet is generated, there's a chance it will have meteors. It can take hours for the first ones to hit, though, so many people have decided a planet is safe from them, spent hours building a base, then had it smashed to pieces by flaming space rocks. Hence the desire to mod them out until they are fixed. Right now they're completely broken. They can even hit you indoors or underground, since they generate at the edge of your screen.

EDIT: Ninja'd! Oh well. Although I have heard that it's possible for a planet to have more than one weather effect. So you can get rain or acid rain or snow, and still have a small chance of getting meteors as well.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7282 on: February 10, 2014, 05:24:53 pm »

Gah, double post. Bay12 forums have been awfully crashy lately, haven't they?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: February 10, 2014, 05:38:22 pm »

Don't confuse momentary errors with crashes. And they haven't started just recently, it's been like this for... months on end.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7284 on: February 10, 2014, 05:45:47 pm »

It's been like this for years. Pretty much forever, actually, or at least as long as I've been around (7 years so far). The word "crash" is not accurate but I didn't know the correct term and it sounded close enough. Anyway, it seems to be happening more often recently than it used to. The past few days have been particularly bad.

Not a complaint, in any case. (Toady and Threetoe do all this on their own for free and I love them both.) Just an explanation of my double post.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: February 10, 2014, 07:30:14 pm »

(Toady and Threetoe do all this on their own for free and I love them both.)

I couldn't help but imagining you in a corner rocking back and forth as you said this. Coping mantra :P
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: February 10, 2014, 07:43:05 pm »

I've been having a feeling Toady & Threetoe expected to have a much smaller forum than the one they have since the 504s starting being somewhat more of a problem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: February 10, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »

Blurgh. Contemplating wiping my modlist clean, and installing new ones based on suggestions. e_e

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #7288 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:10 pm »

I didn't realize there was a Starbound thread over here!  Guess I should do the necessary shameless promoting...

If you like DF and Starbound maybe you'll like the Kobold Mod!  Good for all of your kobold in Starbound needs.  Hopefully.

CaptainKobold, out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

Someone else already promoted you. In fact, there's a suggestion LP starring a kobold in starbound. Did you really think you could make a kobold mod and not be detected by the mighty Bay12?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 565