Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945252 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7065 on: February 02, 2014, 08:35:23 am »

Nope, it didn't fall in. Just hovered over me. Didn't even try to attack because it couldn't reach me.

Edit:

Holy shit, I just found the happiest planet I've ever seen. Immediately to the left of the spawn point is a huge glitch town, complete with library and inn and several shops. I have found my people at last! But they don't welcome me. I'm an outcast. still, while I was exploring the town, it started raining GLOWING RAIN.

Yup, this is my new home planet. I'll give them some space and build my base a little ways away. This place is gorgeous. White trees! They look like clouds!

Coordinates: 66817397, 93391685 (alpha sector). Planet name Alpha Triaci 818 VII a, forest biome.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:22:31 am by Sappho »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: February 02, 2014, 09:31:08 am »

Okay, I've built the robot, but I haven't used it yet. Any tips for fighting it? I'm really, really terrible at platform combat, so I'm perfectly fine with any and all spoilers and cheaty ways of doing this.

Thanks!
It's a general boss tip going forward, but one of the things you can do to make the fight a lot easier is to set the thing off in the middle of a well guarded town (or dig out the floor of an avian pirate ship, let the avians rain down, and then trigger the boss in the middle of a mob of air pirates). Usually have to run around a little until the boss actually hits an NPC, but once that's happened you can pretty much just get out of the way and watch the fireworks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: February 02, 2014, 12:59:45 pm »

Okay, I've built the robot, but I haven't used it yet. Any tips for fighting it? I'm really, really terrible at platform combat, so I'm perfectly fine with any and all spoilers and cheaty ways of doing this.

Thanks!
It's a general boss tip going forward, but one of the things you can do to make the fight a lot easier is to set the thing off in the middle of a well guarded town (or dig out the floor of an avian pirate ship, let the avians rain down, and then trigger the boss in the middle of a mob of air pirates). Usually have to run around a little until the boss actually hits an NPC, but once that's happened you can pretty much just get out of the way and watch the fireworks.

Srsly if you want to beat ANY boss without expending any actual effort, just summon it on an (level-appropriate) airship.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: February 02, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

Anyone have some high tech chest spawn locations, dungeon or general map generated? I haven't found many techs and really miss my gravity ball.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: February 02, 2014, 01:27:23 pm »

Srsly if you want to beat ANY boss without expending any actual effort, just summon it on an (level-appropriate) airship.

Or you could just build about fifty turrets. Trust me - works every time.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »

Anyone have some high tech chest spawn locations, dungeon or general map generated? I haven't found many techs and really miss my gravity ball.

Get that vending machine mod. Problem solved. :u

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: February 02, 2014, 04:05:51 pm »

Update! I've just added the Tabula Rasa and Logical Recipes mods to my server.

What this means, is that when you log into Sector B12 you'll now be able to craft all the fancy racial props and blocks from actual vanilla materials, instead of spending a fortune in pixels or three hours demolishing an NPC village. Just open your crafting menu with "c," select the "Tabula Rasa" (a giant PS2), place it nearby and approach it like a regular crafting station, which produces various other crafting stations depending on your needs. Enjoy!

While I do plan on keeping the game the way it is for the most part, I willl consider adding more mods in the near future depending on what you folks decide you'd like to play.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:10:27 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7072 on: February 02, 2014, 04:37:17 pm »

If you'll mod out meteors on forest, jungle, snow, desert, arid, and grassland planets (or just take them out of the game entirely), I'll totally join your server! Right now I'm playing single-player until someone does that because I just can't bear the thought of having my base suddenly demolished.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: February 02, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »

What's the plant?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: February 02, 2014, 05:22:22 pm »

That's just since the starbounder wiki is absolutely terrible. Every Floran starts with boneboo, if anyone was actually maintaining that wiki that would of been up by day one.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: February 02, 2014, 05:23:59 pm »

Boneboo is a strange plant.

The wild variants drop bones in addition to the usual plant drops. Unfortunately the farmed version doesn't. At least, it didn't in the last version. I'm not sure if that has changed, since I haven't come across it again yet.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: February 02, 2014, 05:28:36 pm »

If you'll mod out meteors on forest, jungle, snow, desert, arid, and grassland planets (or just take them out of the game entirely), I'll totally join your server! Right now I'm playing single-player until someone does that because I just can't bear the thought of having my base suddenly demolished.

For what it's worth, not every planet seems to have these phenomena, though I could be mistaken about that. We currently have a nice castle in the works, and it's yet to be toppled by anything. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: February 02, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »

Or you could just put like a three thick layer of obsidian above your base. That'll absorb small meteors without breaking usually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: February 02, 2014, 05:42:57 pm »

For what it's worth, not every planet seems to have these phenomena, though I could be mistaken about that. We currently have a nice castle in the works, and it's yet to be toppled by anything. :P

They don't some planets have special weather types (meteors, rainbow rain, acid rain--FUCKING ACID RAIN, I HATE IT, IT BURNS), others don't.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: February 02, 2014, 05:57:39 pm »

So... my brother and I just found a pillar going up to the top of the map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 565