Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944659 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5820 on: December 15, 2013, 01:55:48 pm »

Oh for the love of...

They STILL haven't gotten around to patching the 'enter FTL and never leave' bug.

For such a game-breaking bug, they're taking their time.
Have you mentioned it somewhere other than here?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: December 15, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »

My god. I hate myself.
Using the custom ship mod, I accidently destroyed my shiplocker full of stuff. Due to Starbound's idiotic item deletion times, I was only able to save a small fraction of everything
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: December 15, 2013, 02:40:47 pm »

Backups. I make backups now. Usually before going multiplayer.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: December 15, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »

Oh for the love of...

They STILL haven't gotten around to patching the 'enter FTL and never leave' bug.

For such a game-breaking bug, they're taking their time.

OmnipotentEntity specifically said he's trying to find what causes it and can't figure out where it's coming from. It is being worked on.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: December 15, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »

My god. I hate myself.
Using the custom ship mod, I accidently destroyed my shiplocker full of stuff. Due to Starbound's idiotic item deletion times, I was only able to save a small fraction of everything
I did this to myself when I first got it, but thankfully I was already in the habit of keeping my valuables on me (and keeping backups). :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: December 15, 2013, 03:31:40 pm »

My god. I hate myself.
I did this to myself when I first got it, but thankfully I was already in the habit of keeping my valuables on me (and keeping backups). :|
I did it once when I accidentally dropped a bomb in my ship quarters, right near the lockers. Thankfully I had a near empty ship hold, so I just took advantage of autopickup and shift-click, and shoved everything into the hold before it could disappear.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: December 15, 2013, 03:48:36 pm »

Is there a mod to recycle all the crappy weapons we find?

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:44 pm »

I've had a few near-accidents with chests too, since I tend to use platforms on the ship to place stuff on and they only take one hit with a pickaxe to dismantle. I wish they could be a little sturdier.

Your inventory comes with a trash can, unless you wanted to turn the trash into plastic bags and toilet paper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: December 15, 2013, 03:53:39 pm »

I'd love some mod that turns junk weapons into pixels or fuel.  Preferably, turns weapons into pixels, and lets you turn pixels into fuel!

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: December 15, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »

I'd love some mod that turns junk weapons into pixels or fuel.  Preferably, turns weapons into pixels, and lets you turn pixels into fuel!

Yeah, when I said recycle I meant turning it into pixels or fuel.  I managed to find a mod called TS technologies, which has a machine where you can put stacks of blocks in to create minerals that can be exchanged for refined ores (similar to the extractinator in terraria).

Link: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/18/?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: December 15, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »

This is what you're looking for. It lets you refine weapons and shields at the refinery for a flat rate: 150p for weapons, 200p for shields, 250p for guns, and 20p for inferior brains.

3. Run Resize Enable

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #5831 on: December 15, 2013, 04:38:34 pm »

Reading this thread makes me feel crap at the game. D: I'm still yet to beat the UFO or even find a gun that isn't trying to kill me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: December 15, 2013, 04:45:03 pm »

Guns desperately need a rebalance. Everything but sniper rifles and rocket launchers are ineffective because they drain your entire bar to do as much damage as one or two shots from the two useful types. I can keep firing my 2.5k damage sniper all day, but a 300ish damage plasma pistol sucks my energy dry in ~3 seconds of sustained fire. The only thing I've found that's at all useful is the flamethrower AR, and that only because it makes up for pitiful damage with a 1e/shot cost. :/

So there's a lore book found aboard Avian skyships, "The Diary of Mallard Wrenolds".
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:51:45 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: December 15, 2013, 04:55:23 pm »

Reading this thread makes me feel crap at the game. D: I'm still yet to beat the UFO or even find a gun that isn't trying to kill me.

Don't worry I'll give you some tips to beat the UFO, not get a gun, haven't got one either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5834 on: December 15, 2013, 04:58:33 pm »

Guns desperately need a rebalance. Everything but sniper rifles and rocket launchers are ineffective because they drain your entire bar to do as much damage as one or two shots from the two useful types. I can keep firing my 2.5k damage sniper all day, but a 300ish damage plasma pistol sucks my energy dry in ~3 seconds of sustained fire. The only thing I've found that's at all useful is the flamethrower AR, and that only because it makes up for pitiful damage with a 1e/shot cost. :/

The guns are useless for doing damage, but boy oh boy are they effective at shooting me off the platforms and into lava in floran prisons.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 565