Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944704 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5805 on: December 15, 2013, 05:50:24 am »

Is the OP still active? If so, maybe we could get the server IPs on there? If not, maybe it would be best to create a new thread for the purposes of keeping the OP up to date... Rather than reposting it over and over again.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5806 on: December 15, 2013, 06:15:02 am »

I'd appreciate it if someone could get me a violin or koto! Just saying. I've been searching planets eagerly but have yet to find any. :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: December 15, 2013, 06:17:17 am »

I'd appreciate it if someone could get me a violin or koto! Just saying. I've been searching planets eagerly but have yet to find any. :c
I have one, just the one.

Also a magic scroll, still have no idea what to do with it, I would be happy to trade for something of equal value... (Read: either another musical instrument or something that hat looks cool.)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: December 15, 2013, 06:24:47 am »

Just curious what people here think, does the ore generation seem more reasonable now for the most part? Feels almost like pre fucking values.

... Until you get to a layer made of tar. Shits crazy there.

Also I'm gonna link Beitol's starface mod since it just makes most of the races look way better. To me at least.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: December 15, 2013, 09:11:01 am »

This is getting ridiculous. The server is crashing after a few hours.
How many people were on it? I had ~5 (including self), and I had at worst a reccuring error with no effect because of a mod item from someone, or just lag, and I had it up for about half of yesterday.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5810 on: December 15, 2013, 09:33:58 am »

I have one, just the one.

Also a magic scroll, still have no idea what to do with it, I would be happy to trade for something of equal value... (Read: either another musical instrument or something that hat looks cool.)

I don't have much. :C

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: December 15, 2013, 10:42:27 am »

Two things learned: One: Avian skypirates happily survive the fall from their ship.

Two: Once the robot aggros them, a mob of avian skypirates will dogpile that oversized toaster right into the ground >_>

Also, easy way to beat the robot? Easy way to beat the robot. Digging holes in the skypirates ship is rather profitable, even beyond that. Birds fly in, pirates kill birds, birds kill pirates, player cheerfully collects the remains~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5812 on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:36 am »

updating

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: December 15, 2013, 12:25:19 pm »

Found a Glitch castle. So many gilded pieces of furniture.

Inside I found a gold-lined shield, two magic scroll backpacks, a harp and a black bass guitar. I also killed the king and took his crown. The peasants refuse to talk to me though.

Instead they've been trying to commit suicide by going to the top of the castle and jumping out of the balcony. The joke's on them, since NPCs are immune to fall damage.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: December 15, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »

I got a keg of beer to wear on my back because a sky merchant ship crewmember got shredded to bits by an animal.

Also, on how to cheat one's way through bosses, I built a one block thick wall between the robot and I and I used an electric spear and my brain extractor to kill it from safety.
Hid in a hole in the ground and shot the UFO to death with my bow.
Hid in a house with missing roof sections and shot the dragon to death with my bow.
I might kill the jelly the same way.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: December 15, 2013, 12:51:14 pm »

I beat the robot by spawning it in the middle of a small flat area with hills on both sides. I just ran around shooting it, and jumping over it when I reached a hill.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: December 15, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »

I beat the robot by spawning it in the middle of a small flat area with hills on both sides. I just ran around shooting it, and jumping over it when I reached a hill.
Pretty much my strategy too, except I got a pretty powerful random spear, and pulse jump.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: December 15, 2013, 12:55:46 pm »

I got a keg of beer to wear on my back because a sky merchant ship crewmember got shredded to bits by an animal.

Also, on how to cheat one's way through bosses, I built a one block thick wall between the robot and I and I used an electric spear and my brain extractor to kill it from safety.
Hid in a hole in the ground and shot the UFO to death with my bow.
Hid in a house with missing roof sections and shot the dragon to death with my bow.
I might kill the jelly the same way.
Also applicable, spawn any boss on an avian airship.  Most of the crew have guns, and will shoot through any boss as if you had 30 party members on the server.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: December 15, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »

Welp.. seems my ship is stuck in the vast emptiness of space.
At least on Forsaken's server.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: December 15, 2013, 01:54:55 pm »

I got a rare rum barrel in some chest that I use on my visual back slot.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 565