Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945096 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5400 on: December 12, 2013, 01:53:34 am »

I've had equal numbers of everyone but fishmen.

So far, it seems that I've only encountered only Avians. I'm pretty sure they're the most likely option when genning a planet.

This isn't true I'm sure. Most villages and towns I've ran into myself are glitch or apex. I've only ran into one small (Very small, one guard and 2 civilians) Avian settlement, a lone human merchant, a couple of floran houses, and just today some very strange avian houses that people vanished from. I don't think anyone is more common than anyone, other than humans  (And I think hyotl too) being rarer since they have no towns.
Humans have both USMC bases and prison colonies, which effectively serve as the dungeon and town variants for them. I've only encountered a single prison colony, but it covered the entire world.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: December 12, 2013, 01:56:03 am »

Since we have a lot of Florian players, I decided to share the coordinates for my current planet. It has plant trees, green grass, and poison lakes. It has poison chests, which can contain blueprints for a flower lamp thing and a backpack that boosts your energy recovery rate depending on the light level.

-70869074 54615249

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: December 12, 2013, 02:05:30 am »

Humans have both USMC bases and prison colonies, which effectively serve as the dungeon and town variants for them. I've only encountered a single prison colony, but it covered the entire world.

Wait, aren't USMC bases hostile? I haven't ran into one myself but I remember people saying the marines shot at them. That's... Not exactly a town.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: December 12, 2013, 02:06:47 am »

Wait, aren't USMC bases hostile? I haven't ran into one myself but I remember people saying the marines shot at them. That's... Not exactly a town.
I think the bases are dungeons and the prisons are towns...

Anyway I have figured out why this game reminds me of Final Fantasy XII... Similar style of music! Both games have this wonderful kind of epic/scenic soundtrack.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: December 12, 2013, 02:10:36 am »

I went into a USCM prison with my Apex and they were rather hostile. It looked like the prison was abandoned by the staff and left to the prisoners though. Are the prisons usually like that?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: December 12, 2013, 02:10:47 am »

I don't know if this was a thing previously, but after the most recent patch I've noticed that NPCs react differently depending on whether you have a weapon equipped or not. Like, at a small avian market with a guard, the guard sticks close to you with a weapon equipped, warning you that bad things might happen. Once you put it away, the guard calms down and thanks you for acting peacefully.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: December 12, 2013, 02:11:44 am »

I think the bases are dungeons and the prisons are towns...
My experiences with prisons say they are also dungeons.  The whole being killed in one hit with a broom back when it was level 40 was my biggest hint.
I don't know if this was a thing previously, but after the most recent patch I've noticed that NPCs react differently depending on whether you have a weapon equipped or not. Like, at a small avian market with a guard, the guard sticks close to you with a weapon equipped, warning you that bad things might happen. Once you put it away, the guard calms down and thanks you for acting peacefully.
It's been a thing.  It happens at major towns.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: December 12, 2013, 02:12:09 am »

For wood to coal, I personally like the current ratio, but admit that that it depends on your current situation. On a forested world, gathering 2000 wood (enough to leave the system) is child's play, and shouldn't take you more than a dedicated 8 minutes. It's a reasonable alternative to scouring the surface or aimless delving into the earth in search of every last scrap of the stuff, without cheapening travel at early stages of the game.

Crap weapons are crap, but I'm not sure about crafted weapon imbalance yet. I certainly noticed a difference moving from the broken sword to an iron hammer- namely, that the number of hits it required to kill an average Alpha Sector mob went from 4-5 to 2-3. Not a huge change in terms of DPS, but it meant I could end battles more quickly and deal with more enemies at once.

It would be nice if they increased the average quality of weapon drops, without hitting such a rate that made crafted weapons obsolete. If the average drop is as good or better than what we can make ourselves, we'll stop gathering ores around the 3rd tier and just farm dungeons for gear, then start complaining about fuel costs. This seems to be a different dynamic than what the Devs are aiming for, based on the various updates.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: December 12, 2013, 02:13:12 am »

Most of my encounters are split between Apex and Apex ruins, USCM bases or prisons, and the.... I think they're renegade Glitch with the monolithic polyhedron labs that have the matter makers.
They're not Glitch, despite the robotic look. They're Avian. They have Avian names and threatened my character for 'spitting in the face of Kluex'.
Those facilities are... unusual really. They have Avian occupants, with a heavy use of pyramids and crystals which further suggest an Avian origin, but the materials and furniture are more what I'd expect from an Apex lab, especially the pits full of tesla spikes. Also worthy of note is that some of the guards mentioned being 'compelled' to attack me.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: December 12, 2013, 02:19:17 am »

Ooh! Oooh!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: December 12, 2013, 02:24:20 am »

Non hostile snail headed bipeds. I call them Snaliens.

Creepy Floran I saved from a rampaging thing, which got me a nice 12 dps hammer that inflicts 3 burning damage every tic for a few seconds.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: December 12, 2013, 02:32:28 am »

She doesn't seem entirely grateful. That, or their concept of "reward" is slightly more... visceral, than in other cultures.

There are perks to being inorganic.

Dat Floran fanservice.

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: December 12, 2013, 02:38:25 am »

No idea how many Goa'uld armor types I will make, but I will definitely make some more.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: December 12, 2013, 02:46:43 am »

I am officially requesting Tau armor from Warhammer 40k. That shit's awesome >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: December 12, 2013, 02:49:53 am »

Dat Floran fanservice.

Go on, try and tell me they aren't the best race out there!
FloranXGlitch4eva!
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 565