Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944626 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2040 on: July 27, 2013, 03:05:22 pm »

So Neo is grumpy bear?
Yup i am grumpy myself in real life, hell my friend and GF call me "El Chialeux" i believe it would mean grumpy 2 fold? or something similar, im not angry im just as cynical and narcistic in real life about human and their nature, but here i barely NEVER "grump"?? hehe.

Now that its settled, would be nice to come back on topic.

I made my very first car!!! had to be solar powered because.... gas station was literaly at the other far side of the town next to a river, in the middle of a 8 lane of houses/shops/ etc......

So after 6 or was it 9 days of filling my poor little motorcycle with plates/frames odd and ends, killing over 400 zombies in the process, nearly loosing a limb to a fragging moose.... these things are killer i tell you...... I got my very first solar powered semi armored car, normal plating protecting front and weel, and the main living area has everything i need, bed, RV kitchen and even a back view balcony!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 27, 2013, 03:07:19 pm »

So Neo is grumpy bear?
Yup i am grumpy myself in real life, hell my friend and GF call me "El Chialeux" i believe it would mean grumpy 2 fold? or something similar, im not angry im just as cynical and narcistic in real life about human and their nature, but here i barely NEVER "grump"?? hehe.

I made my very first car!!! had to be solar powered because.... gas station was literaly at the other far side of the town next to a river, in the middle of a 8 lane of houses/shops/ etc......

So after 6 or was it 9 days of filling my poor little motorcycle with plates/frames odd and ends, killing over 400 zombies in the process, nearly loosing a limb to a fragging moose.... these things are killer i tell you...... I got my very first solar powered semi armored car, normal plating protecting front and weel, and the main living area has everything i need, bed, RV kitchen and even a back view balcony!

How.. would that be on topic?  ???

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 27, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

That's Cataclysm!

We've become so off-topic that other threads are being used to fill in the gap where the topic once lay.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 27, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »

I think you want the cataclysm thread, Neo.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 27, 2013, 04:05:01 pm »

We should make a thread called "Neonivek is really cynical: discuss" in other games that's all about saying how shit an upcoming game could be.
It would be nice yes. And just confine him there.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 27, 2013, 04:11:18 pm »

So Neo is grumpy bear?

How.. would that be on topic?  ???
I facespalmed myself so hard that i sent myself flying to that flower girl spaceship.... Massive fail on my part sorry XD
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 28, 2013, 02:22:44 pm »

Look if a game is trash, which I assume is why you are bringing it up, it isn't worth discussion unless it has something particularly interesting (Like if it was Other M)

If a game is good or questionable then it deserves as much discernment as I can bring to it.

The amount of features in Starbound is what makes it being a solid game hard to see. Since, to explain I guess, a Solid game you can just keep peeling back everything on and on until all you are left is a great game.

While Starbound seems more defined by its features and what you can do with it. You explore, find unique planets, capture critters, cause the critters to mutate, play musical instruments, troll someone, fly around the galaxy, fight space alien pirate ninjas, and at the end of the day you might even eat pancakes. Starbound can certainly be a great game or even an amazing one, but it doesn't seem like a solid game.

But the better movement system in Starbound could cause an upset even within my analysis... but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:28:47 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 28, 2013, 02:40:36 pm »

When people say things like 'solid game', I always imagine them describing the mental state of a game, and presently imagine a box with the starbound logo sitting in a psych ward.

HEH! Well the opposite of a solid game is sort of like a weak game. A weak game doesn't leave lasting impressions no matter how good it is. Something where when all is said and done, you just didn't have the full score of entertainment.

While I honestly don't think applies to Starbound. It has too much of a strong skeleton.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:51:30 pm by Neonivek »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 28, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »

Tomorrow will NOT be the release of the beta due to a number of things that popped up, like NPC's not dishing out quests properly, etc. However, I am hopeful that we are going to read a beta date window, if not an exact time.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 28, 2013, 04:08:59 pm »

Look if a game is trash, which I assume is why you are bringing it up

That quote wasn't directed at you, Neonivek, but at jocan. Miauw just mistook his identity for yours.
Love, scriver~

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2050 on: July 28, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »

Cataclysm isn't trash :<
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 28, 2013, 04:52:14 pm »

See above, Darkling. Jocan mistook this for the DDA thread and someone mistook him for Neo, presumably because he admitted to being grumpy.  :P

It's good to hear that we might have a date soon, even if it isn't tomorrow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 28, 2013, 04:54:03 pm »

Tomorrow will NOT be the release of the beta due to a number of things that popped up, like NPC's not dishing out quests properly, etc. However, I am hopeful that we are going to read a beta date window, if not an exact time.

If they actually release a date--Just a date: never mind the game-- I would be ecstatic.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 28, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »

NPCs that don't want you to do their chores for them? Blasphemy!

What else are heros good for if not doing your own job?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:32:38 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »

Heroes are useless parasites, the lot of them. If you don't give them a bunch of petty make-work chores they'll sit around drinking and stealing small objects when you aren't around.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 565