Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 328935 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3480 on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:44 am »

You are all morons.

>Engineers: Hold Paco back.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 08, 2013, 04:31:08 am »

You are all morons.

You misspelt "Genii".
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3482 on: December 08, 2013, 09:02:00 am »

I say find an engineer stupid enough to go and distract Snowflake and TW, taze TW while she's distracted and then hold her hostage. Then we can work on clearing a path to wherever we want to go next unmolested. Zero and friends won't risk losing TW for the sake of a few replaceable zombies and probably won't mind letting a few survivors leave on a lifeboat to save her.

Of course, Zero might also have heard my suggestion and is now working on zombie whales, so perhaps escape by life boat might not be the smartest option.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 08, 2013, 10:34:22 am »

TW kinda has issues with humans, and anger issues, Snowflake is a zombie that serves Zero with God knows what sort of current orders, I don't get why you think this could possibly work.

Thus I assume you don't actually think it will work and are just trying to be funny/ being a jerk to the people who actually wanted to try to escape, our character already stated his plan is to get off the boat, he had no plans of joining the zombie who has no reason to spare him.

Plus Zero would win that dance off, we should at least recall our dance skill before we try. Maybe they won't kill us if we dance, but a challenge to Zero, that is plain idiocy, we aren't needed, thus we are just food for the hoard or a replacement for any that die. If it works, then the gm/dice god is simply being kind to you. Maybe tell your "best plan" to one of the engineers first, get him to do it and use the distraction to actually try achieve our Character's stated goal.

At least tell the engineers to try to escape while we distract them.
Edit:Also, don't -1 -1s, a: Makes things looked messed up and b:You made the initial suggestion.

To make it clear you have 4 votes for, 2 against for the dance.
And 1 for dance off with Zero, 2 against. (ICBM specifically only +1ed your -1 of my -1, which translates into +1ing your initial suggestion, will leave it to him to clear up what he meant.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:56:30 am by Cain12 »

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 08, 2013, 01:03:08 pm »

...Well, looks like some jimmies were rustled.  As you said, it's 4 for, 2 against.  It's just a suggestion, and it looks like the majority is in favour.  Sorry you find it too silly a proposition.  Please tell me how plausible zombie whales are.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 08, 2013, 01:42:28 pm »

Never supported the whales (But since we can infect mammals there is no reason I can see that it wouldn't work for whales Edit:Well maybe size), but fair enough, if it succeeds well enough, if it fails I'm not surprised, sorry for getting so pissed.
Edit:Still, silly or no, Tw isn't a kind person, and humans would be her least favorite people.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:02:31 pm by Cain12 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3486 on: December 08, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »

Hey! What's wrong with whales? Whales are great. They're like giant sea dogs. Remember how the dogs we infected mutated? Imagine that happening to a whale. And since zombies just need food, not air, you can take your giant mutant monster to land with you. It's the perfect disposable wonderweapon that can move and hide underwater.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 08, 2013, 02:08:24 pm »

I can agree to that.  Let's infect some wales.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 08, 2013, 02:21:51 pm »

And since zombies just need food, not air, you can take your giant mutant monster to land with you.
You do realize that the reason we don't have land whales is they can't move very well out of water and that means they can't eat and not because they can't breath above water right?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3489 on: December 08, 2013, 02:38:07 pm »

And since zombies just need food, not air, you can take your giant mutant monster to land with you.
You do realize that the reason we don't have land whales is they can't move very well out of water and that means they can't eat and not because they can't breath above water right?
Whoops, yes, whales don't have gills. I can't believe I said something that stupid and didn't realize it. Somebody shoot me now.
It's just that I was thinking this with dwarf fortress logic.

Anyway, I've got three word for you: It's magic.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:43:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 08, 2013, 05:25:47 pm »

We have been told, guaranteed even, by the narrator that sneaking through would be possible. Why would there be need for a dance-challenge?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 08, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »

Well we tried to argue about that, but the majority want to take the risk of a dance in front of the elf with a hatred of humans and the zombie that is guarding her.

Yes sneaking is the actual logical choice, the dance challenge may work only if we manage to reach the Zero part and he still acts enough like he did when we were in control, even then he may just kill us or make us amuse him til the boat ride ends and he has no more use for us or we fail to amuse him. It is unlikely to work beyond rule of funny, but hey, it all depends on the rolls and the gm in the end. And if it does work it puts us near the leader/in a better position to escape, not that we would have a chance at him regardless.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 09, 2013, 08:21:18 am »

We can just retroactively set up a Gambit to sink the ship.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 09, 2013, 12:23:19 pm »

-1 dancing
+1 sneaking
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 09, 2013, 03:01:58 pm »

The whales are plausible. the only reason you don't have any is because their large size makes it very hard for a single bite to affect it. It still has the natural defence against predators, namely being to flippin' large to eat. Also, they're kind of hard to catch with drooling morons that can't swim or even walk along the bottom due to pressure.

At any rate, I didn't quite feel like making it end like this, but you guys wanted it, so here you go.

The music gives a sudden case of dance fever, making you throw caution to the wind and causing you to spin to finish off the current song. The next song, however, is Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal".
The intro, you slowly closer to the behemoth and his protegé. You slowly extend you foot to tap the giant's back causing him to turn around.
You and the engineers go into position as the music goes from its calm intro to the bass. then, when the singing starts, you do quick jerky movements as you sing alongside it and the engineers and you finish slowly getting into position.
Then during the whispered askings for the status of Annie, you and the engingeers sync up. The knees bend inwards and the head goes bobbing, you are a bit faster then the backup dancers and perform some fancy footwork before moving away.
TW and Snowflake stand in confused awe.

You take a more secluded spot as you spin, and do a foot twitch in the beat with the claps. You quickly remove the hard-hat of one of the engies so you can tilt it on time, do some more fancy footwork before moonwalking in place.
The next thing that happens is the engineers doing musically syncronised betting before you dance back into frame, perform the needed dance-moves. And then...
You've been hit by
You've been struck by
You tase the skinless giant and get the engineers to try and capture TW. They fail because of some sudden lightning, but a quick punch to the gut knocks her out and you take her along over your shoulder
A smoooooth criminal!
You moonwalk away, as the dancers on the main dancefloor don't notice it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 257