Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101299 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2012, 01:25:11 am »

You forgot something more important, Vector.

Shakerag
(Auto) Smart Alec: I can neither vote nor gain votes.

Mod:Votecount, please.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2012, 01:32:24 am »

Oh, yeah... good point.

By the way, Shakerag, allow me to clarify.  I didn't mean alignment, but rather wincon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2012, 02:03:15 am »

Oh, yeah... good point.

By the way, Shakerag, allow me to clarify.  I didn't mean alignment, but rather wincon.

Well, I'm not sure if it would be obvious or not, but to be perfectly unambiguous, I am a survivor.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2012, 02:36:58 am »

Sorry for the prolonged absence, I had personal issues that occupied my time.

Toaster: I didn't vote Zrk2 because I didn't want to hammer him before he had the chance to respond, and it didn't occur to me to vote someone at the same time I was planning to vote Zrk2 if I was unsatisfied with his explanation.

Orange: Definitely the wrong answer. One, I was referring to the lack of questioning within your post, not the number of your posts. Two, deflecting onto me instead of answering the question directly. And I believe you were being overly friendly while talking to Vector, and not pushing her as hard as you should.

Bookthras: My top scumpick is Orangebottle, as is obvious. I'm still suspicious about Zrk2, but I'm cooling off on him. My read of Dariush is leaning town, as I find that scum generally claims 'I did something helpful but was prevented', instead of Town saying 'oh god I totally messed up.' My read of Toaster is currently not much one way or the other: I'm not good at reading Toaster, and I haven't seen him say anything I find suspicious yet.

Zrk2: Fair enough on the action, but I don't think you made the smartest choice for your ability. What do you think of Shakerag's claim?

Zrk2:
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2012, 02:58:03 am »

Bookthras: My top scumpick is Orangebottle, as is obvious. I'm still suspicious about Zrk2, but I'm cooling off on him. My read of Dariush is leaning town, as I find that scum generally claims 'I did something helpful but was prevented', instead of Town saying 'oh god I totally messed up.' My read of Toaster is currently not much one way or the other: I'm not good at reading Toaster, and I haven't seen him say anything I find suspicious yet.

You skipped a read on Flandre, which was the main point of my post. Please add that. While you're here, please also tell me what you think should be done about Shakerag and whether you think Urist I's vote on Dariush looks scummy or not.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2012, 03:10:25 am »

Flandre does in fact look quite suspicious, but I'm waiting to see how she reacts to you before I jump in. I do not currently have any questions I want to formulate against her that aren't rehashes of what you said.

Urist I's vote on Dariush is not scummy, just lazy.

As for Shakerag, I have no clue why a survivor would be given immortality, I have no clue why Red Herring would ever exist when the only thing that could interact at all with that role is Zrk2's claimed role, and the whole thing just seems so insanely illogical that I don't even want to slightly interact with him. I have no idea what to do with him, and plan on just sweeping him out of my mind until circumstances force me otherwise.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2012, 03:29:00 am »

One, I was referring to the lack of questioning within your post, not the number of your posts.
Okay. Did you even stop to consider that I had nothing else to ask at that point?
Because that's precisely what happened.

Two, deflecting onto me instead of answering the question directly.
There's your answer right there.
And I believe you were being overly friendly while talking to Vector, and not pushing her as hard as you should.
I didn't feel the need to pressure her further.

Also, holy fuck, could you be bothered to actually quote the post you're responding to? I'm PFP right now, and I had to scroll back four or five laggy pages to find what you're talking about.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2012, 04:13:18 am »

Alright, so there wasn't much to gain from reading over D1. I find it odd that Dariush told scum not to waste a NK on him, I think Toaster might be telling the truth about Dariush being redirected ("Something Fun" doesn't seem like something Toaster would send in), and Flandre's D1 activity seemed off to me.

Shake: If you can't gain votes, then why do you think Zrk2's supervote ability worked on you?

Also, a little late, but welcome back, Bookthras.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch!
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2012, 08:26:33 am »

Vector may no longer vote Dariush!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle - Think0028,
Toaster - Dariush,
Zrk2 - Orangebottle,
Flandre - Bookthras,
Dariush - Flandre, Urist Imiknorris,
NativeForeigner -
Shakerag - Zrk2, Toaster,
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, NativeForeigner, Vector,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2012, 08:30:40 am »

YAY BANDWAGON

Unvote because I start believing that's indeed not Toaster's role.

Still, Dariush: please tell us your read of Urist I, Native/UristM and Think0028. What do you say about Leafsnail's points?
Respectively, lurkyass, justreplacedinsonoread, neutralreadprobablytown. And I already responded to Leaf's arguments.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2012, 09:22:52 am »

Orangebottle:
That's not what I meant, but whatever.
I do care about scumhunting. What do you think I'm doing right now?
Half-assed imitation scumhunting with a bit of tunnelling thrown in. You've been addressing a few people, but only really questioning Zrk2.
Quote from: Orangebottle
Who are you suspicious of besides Shakerag Zrk2? Why aren't you scumhunting them?

Sorry about my inactivity recently - papers + exams = busy.
Why are you apologizing for something that never happened? You don't look that inactive to me.
Because I haven't had time to put as much content in my posts as I'd like.

Shakerag: I take it that by "gain votes" you mean that your vote will never hold weight ever, even if someone could give you an extra vote?

Dariush, would you like to start actually contributing sometime?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:00 am »

Orangebottle:
Toaster: Whatisthisidon'teven-
Why do you want to lynch someone who you think is a jester?

I suppose that wasn't very clear.  I thought he was, but then at the time of the vote thought it no longer.

Now I don't know what to think.

Shakerag:  Short of a modkill, is there any way for you to lose?

VectorThat makes more sense.  Why not post all that when trying to convince everyone else, though?

Flandre:
And if the game ended as a result?

Risk I am (was) willing to take.  Again, I don't know what to think any more, but I still no longer think he's a jester.

And that was a complete bandwagon on Dariush.  How about you justify your vote?

Book:  It's inspect only.  And yes, a miller claim should be treated as a null tell.

Fair enough on Zrk2.

Think:  Fair enough on Zrk2 as well. 

Native:  What is the scummiest thing you have seen so far that wasn't posted by Shakerag?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2012, 11:24:23 am »

Shake: If you can't gain votes, then why do you think Zrk2's supervote ability worked on you?

Re-read what you wrote here and ask me that question again if you really think it makes sense.

Shakerag: I take it that by "gain votes" you mean that your vote will never hold weight ever, even if someone could give you an extra vote?

Do you just like to see yourself type, or do you have a tentative grasp on the English language?

As for Shakerag, I have no clue why a survivor would be given immortality, I have no clue why Red Herring would ever exist when the only thing that could interact at all with that role is Zrk2's claimed role, and the whole thing just seems so insanely illogical that I don't even want to slightly interact with him. I have no idea what to do with him, and plan on just sweeping him out of my mind until circumstances force me otherwise.

Come on dude.  Please start doing your namesake.  There's been no massclaim, so you don't know what abilities everyone else has.  For all I know, there are likely multiple people with ability-fucking-with powers in this game.  And role-fucking-with powers too, if the wording of the revealed abilities is any indication. 

Again.  I would like to direct your attention to the opening post of this thread. 

Quote from: webadict
If you're looking for a crazy game, this is the game for you. It goes beyond the impossible. Twice, sometimes. If you wish to avoid craziness, I suggest you don't join. You have been warned.

Clearly my role is a combination of hubris punishment and as a major source of WIFOM/confusion/misdirection.  (Hint: I have an ability with the name RED HERRING).  While I was happy enough to play my bit D1, I'm changing my game plan now for a few reasons:

1) While it's easy enough to act pants-on-head retarded, it's not so easy to continue to do so and keep people listening to you.
2) Zrk2's ability removing the only substantial interaction I could have had with the game (at least, ability-wise).  You asshole.
3) Since webadict was clearly fucking with me given the role I sent in, I'm going to fuck with him back by not going along with what I believe to be the intent of my role.

So, yeah.  I can't vote.  I can't change roles.  I can't die.  I can't even dick with other people voting anymore.  If it wasn't for the fact that I'd either get modkilled or replaced I could just ignore this game until it ended.  So I guess I'll just observe the game and call out whatever and whomever I feel like, because I obviously don't have to care if my comments paint me as scummy or not. 

Shakerag:  Short of a modkill, is there any way for you to lose?

Fuck if I know.  On one hand I want to say no, because of my role name and abilities.  Webadict could be fucking with all of you.  On the other hand I want to say yes, because webadict could be fucking with me.  But, hey, if you want to keep bouncing abilities off of me and sending kills my way instead of scumhunting/mislynching town/recruiting to your cult that's fine too. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2012, 12:49:12 pm »

Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2012, 03:40:56 pm »

(Auto) Winner: I can not die nor change roles.
(Auto) Smart Alec: I can neither vote nor gain votes.
(1-Shot, Night) King Me [target]: Only the person I target can vote the next day, assuming they are alive. DISREGARD THAT, ZRK2 SUCKS HORSE COCKS.
(Auto) Red Herring: My auto abilites can't be removed or changed.  And this ability can't be detected. 

It strikes me as somewhat odd that your auto-abilities are not changeable but your oneshot is. Also, how can one be a survivor if you are unkillable and your role is unchangeable?

Also, it says role but not alignment. Does that mean you can change alignments but still win if you are alive at the end of the game?

Zrk2: Fair enough on the action, but I don't think you made the smartest choice for your ability. What do you think of Shakerag's claim?

As I briefly mentioned above it sounds dubious at best, as it looks like essentially an automatic win.

Today at nine? Jesus fuck, extend. I'll see if I can get a reread or something similar in tonight, for now I've got some calculus to do.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34