Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101243 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2012, 08:29:34 pm »

I never voted Shakerag (and therefore never redacted the vote) because I think that lynching him could end the game with his victory.  Therefore instead I just told anyone who wants to kill him to kill him.  I'm not sure why you're saying this is a townie sounding remark, since it isn't - mafia and rival third parties alike would want a jester murdered in the night.  I merely suggested it in case any killers out there didn't have the idea - since we don't usually have Jesters that end the game on being lynched, other people might not have thought of it.

Oops. I forgot that someone mentioned that lynching him could end the game if he was a jester. I suppose nightkilling him does not count satisfy his wincon, then? I've never played a BYOR, let alone with a jester, so I do not know. Sorry about that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:51 pm »

... I completely forgot he was in this game.  I've never done that before, not with him.  That'd be like forgetting SirBayer.

Got anything to say, punk?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Hehehehehe...
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »

Vector may no longer vote Shakerag!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Leafsnail - Dariush,
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 - Vector,
Flandre - Urist Imiknorris,
Dariush - Leafsnail,
Urist_McArathos -
Powder Miner - Bookthras, Toaster,
Shakerag - Orangebottle, Think0028, Flandre, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, Zrk2, etc.
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Powder Miner, Urist_McArathos,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Shakerag has been lynched!

Shakerag has come back to life!

It is now Night.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:12:00 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Night 1 (13/13): Can't Count That High
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »

Please note if your action does not say "You can target yourself with this", then you CANNOT target yourself with it.

Also, send in your actions, lazy bums!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2012, 12:11:00 am »

Powder Miner has been killed!

Powder Miner was REDACTED.

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Leafsnail -
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 -
Flandre -
Dariush -
Urist_McArathos -
Shakerag -
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Orangebottle, Urist_McArathos, Zrk2, Bookthras, Flandre, Leafsnail, Toaster, Urist Imiknorris, Think0028, Dariush, Vector,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

So I bet Zrk2 is feeling kind of shitty right now.  Was that a one-time thing or can you super-vote someone else?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2012, 12:24:05 am »

Okay, Zrk2 and Shakerag.  What the fuck is going on here?  Are you a jester duo?  Is the way it works that you trade off lynches and then you both win, or what?

I simply... don't understand.

Also, Dariush.  You have some explaining to do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2012, 12:24:43 am »

Zrk2, I am voting you with the intensity of a thousand pissed off suns. Get lynched for real this time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2012, 12:36:58 am »

Vector may no longer vote Dariush!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Leafsnail -
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 - Urist Imiknorris,
Flandre -
Dariush - Vector,
Urist_McArathos -
Shakerag -
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Orangebottle, Urist_McArathos, Zrk2, Bookthras, Flandre, Leafsnail, Toaster, Think0028, Dariush,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2012, 12:46:37 am »

Fuck you, Zrk2.

Vector:Feel free to re-cork that bottle of wine any time you want.

Also, a jester with a revive is unlikely and bastardy.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2012, 01:10:22 am »

All right, if I can't vote Dariush, then Zrk2 it is.

Orangebottle, sorry about the wine.  It was a bit of a quip about how they both seem to be in a race to see who will get lynched off the face of the planet first, and for a while I honestly couldn't figure out why Zrk2 would act that way as a rational person.  If Shakerag is a jester-type, as he seemed to be acting, then why would Zrk2 want to vote him as scum, even as a last hurrah sort of deal?  Why not get rid of someone more obviously town and leave the WIFOM-fountain alone to bug the rest of us?

And hell, why would anyone force him to vote Shakerag infinitely many times?  It'd be unbalanced if Shakerag were a jester and could move the vote to himself, and so...

Frankly, here I am.  I'm confused, I don't know why Zrk2 voted this way, and I don't know why anyone else would force him to vote this way under any scenario but the necessarily winey one that I mentioned.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2012, 01:12:20 am »

Fuck you, Zrk2.

While I agree with the sentiment, and Zrk2's shenanigans are fully deserving of a lynch, I think we should be careful not to hammer him yet. Let's take some advantage of the day play, instead of rushing into a night without having had a chance to talk things through a bit more.

Zrk2: Please explain what you did at the end of D1, and why. Lots of detail would be good.

Aslo, webadict: can you confirm if the votecount at the end of D1 is correct for all votes/players other than Zrk2/Shakerag? Is there a reason Shakerag's vote on Zrk2 is not reflected in the last votecount, or is it an error?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2012, 01:15:32 am »

Remember how Shakerag said he had no vote at the beginning of the game?  He might not have been lying...

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2012, 01:17:07 am »

Hm. Forgot about that. But it's not the only voting weirdness I'm seeing, so I'd like to know if wuba can confirm the last D1 count as accurate.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:32 am »

Hm. Forgot about that. But it's not the only voting weirdness I'm seeing, so I'd like to know if wuba can confirm the last D1 count as accurate.
I occasionally make errors, so I have no clue, and I'm too lazy to check. If the previous vote count was correct, then it's pretty likely correct.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34