Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Making a semi-unkillable creature...  (Read 1997 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Making a semi-unkillable creature...
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

Effectivly, I am asking this: Has anyone made a creature that is effectivly unkillable (prefeably faux-fleshy) exept for a external super-hard object that is its only vital? Just need something to work off on as a base.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Making a semi-unkillable creature...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:29:47 pm »

Effectivly, I am asking this: Has anyone made a creature that is effectivly unkillable (prefeably faux-fleshy) exept for a external super-hard object that is its only vital? Just need something to work off on as a base.
My golems, the Part is not external but if the upperbody is damaged enough it can be hit thus killing it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:31:46 pm »

there was a similar thread a while back, if you search for it I am sure you find something.

I remember flehballs and lord english
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:36:08 pm »

I made cats the size of giant lions made of slade and/or adamantine once.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:37:04 pm »

Huh, forgot about LE existance in the Troll mod. Might look at that. Does he bleed?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:52:06 pm »

See this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94681.msg2678775#msg2678775

The above link shows you how to make totally intangible creatures, and only cave ins can kill it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »

For something ever-so-slightly more killable at the cost of being the closest thing DF has to a literal god on earth in terms of attack:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Give him a shield and something sharp and he will, in four words, "**** your shit up."

Of course he'll do that without any weaponry too, but he's more effective with it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »

Just a question about that creature, but why do you have such a long [MAXAGE:X] token? If you want them to be immortal you can simply just remove that tag completely and they will be (of course if you are just looking for "flavor" since most worlds hardly make it to 10,000 years, let alone 1,000,000,000, then that's fine, but you still might cause an overflow with numbers that large).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 09:01:08 pm »

Just a question about that creature, but why do you have such a long [MAXAGE:X] token? If you want them to be immortal you can simply just remove that tag completely and they will be (of course if you are just looking for "flavor" since most worlds hardly make it to 10,000 years, let alone 1,000,000,000, then that's fine, but you still might cause an overflow with numbers that large).

Made some forts with these guys, and one of them was "43 million eight hundred ninety five thousand four hundred sixty seven years old."

THAT is why they're simply obscenely long-lived instead of ageless. So yes, for "flavor" and no other reason, really. I haven't had any problems, but I definitely wouldn't hesitate to change it if I did.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 09:14:03 pm »

Any amateur tissue engineering is likely to produce such a monstrosity by accident. If the body has no tissue materials associated with it then you'll get lots of "but the attack passes right through" errors.

You can also un-joint everything, remove the blood and make no bodyparts essential.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98716.msg2890558#msg2890558

Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

I think the OP wanted a Semi-Unkillable beast... Most of these are nigh unstoppable without the use of sending the entire world crashing down on it's head.

I would post the raws for my golem but it has custom bodyparts and tissues. But effectivly you have one main Bodypart that is [HEAD][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY] and a smaller part that counts as [THOUGHT] then you embed/attach [THOUGHT] object to main body. Make the [THOUGHT] bodypart be covered with a [FUNCTIONAL] tissue, then cover everything else with whatever you desire. Once that [FUNCTIONAL] tissue in the [THOUGHT] part is damaged creature dies.

EDIT:
Also my zombies/skeletons have the same desired effect of fleshy and almost hard to kill (removeal of head or brain damage = death)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:28:34 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 09:34:00 pm »

I think the OP wanted a Semi-Unkillable beast... Most of these are nigh unstoppable without the use of sending the entire world crashing down on it's head.

Well that's almost the same thing right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »

The problem I see is that dwarves are stupid.

They will never attack the vital part that kill the beast, except by pure luck.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 10:12:57 pm »

I would post the raws for my golem but it has custom bodyparts and tissues. But effectivly you have one main Bodypart that is [HEAD][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY] and a smaller part that counts as [THOUGHT] then you embed/attach [THOUGHT] object to main body. Make the [THOUGHT] bodypart be covered with a [FUNCTIONAL] tissue, then cover everything else with whatever you desire. Once that [FUNCTIONAL] tissue in the [THOUGHT] part is damaged creature dies.

EDIT:
Also my zombies/skeletons have the same desired effect of fleshy and almost hard to kill (removeal of head or brain damage = death)

Yeah, belive it or not, this is going to be in my personal raws in the Pony Mod. Effectivly, I would be going on this plan, exept there is a little ball of Slade that would somehow have to be knocked out to kill it. Otherwise, you have a super-regenerating creature (including bones and organs, with healing rates at 1) with natural grandmastery at unarmed combat moving at twice the normal speed rate while being able to have a magma bath and "live". What a wonderful creature I am making. 8)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 10:53:46 am »

Made some forts with these guys, and one of them was "43 million eight hundred ninety five thousand four hundred sixty seven years old."

THAT is why they're simply obscenely long-lived instead of ageless. So yes, for "flavor" and no other reason, really. I haven't had any problems, but I definitely wouldn't hesitate to change it if I did.

That... is absolutely beautiful.
Pages: [1] 2