Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No hostility?  (Read 1600 times)

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No hostility?
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:43:40 pm »

I have a 6 year old fort, 2.3 mil wealth and 210 dwarves and I CANNOT get anything at all to attack me. Not even a single snatcher from the gobbos, I have killed every elven and human caravan I've seen and NOTHING. Is there a way I can check to see if I may have accidentally turned savagery really low? And can I change it?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: No hostility?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:49:37 pm »

If you're willing to dig deeper, I'm sure you could find some worthy opponents down below.

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 11:05:35 pm »

Giant Toads, Trolls, Dralthas are fodder for my militia. I haven't even seen a FB yet after SIX years.

Clowns seem out of the question as the forums talks about them being a no doubt about it, demise to your fortress.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:51:24 pm by Stacker98 »

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:15:00 pm »

Giant Toads, Trolls, Dralthas are fodder for my militia. I haven't even seen a FB yet after SIX years.

Demons seem out of the question as the forums talks about them being a no doubt about it, demise to your fortress.

Clowns are easy if you've got the goooood stuff.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:18:41 pm »

Demons seem out of the question as the forums talks about them being a no doubt about it, demise to your fortress.

Well now you're just being picky.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:26:59 pm »

Remember your embark screen? Press tab a few times and then you'll see what civilization has access to your fort.

If you want wars with the humans/elves, you should kill their diplomat.

Elves do not have diplomats currently, I've heard Quietust (or any other DF veteran) knows the code for it.

Know, that killing caravans in this version just stifles their trade with you (meaning that you won't get more and more exotic stuff to trade as they count a caravan death as a profit loss).

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »

I made sure all four civilizations were in range, but there was red --------- next to Goblins. Explanation?
How might I get the human diplomat to show up at my fortress? Is it just a random occurence?

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 11:37:36 pm »

I made sure all four civilizations were in range, but there was red --------- next to Goblins. Explanation?
How might I get the human diplomat to show up at my fortress? Is it just a random occurence?
That should be there. It means you're hostile to them but not at full-on war (you're not gonna get sieged immediately).
Diplomats don't exist for other races, just dwarves.
Back-up your save, abandon, and read up on legends mode if you're really interested.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 11:42:19 pm »

The lack of FB's has to tell me that savagery is low. Might there be any other explanations for one not to have shown up yet?

I'm digging to the circus as I type. D:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:51:52 pm by Stacker98 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:46:02 pm »

Suggestion to everyone: Use wordplay to hide those words. We use clowns, the circus and other fancy words to say what is deep within.

It is a hidden treat for a reason.

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:15 pm »

The lack of FB's has to tell me that savagery is low. Might there be any other explanations for one not to have shown up yet?

I'm digging to the circus as I type. D:

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:38 pm »

Clowns seem out of the question as the forums talks about them being a no doubt about it, demise to your fortress.

Stacker98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 12:15:19 am »

I have resolved to cut down countless numbers of trees to try and get a rise out of the hippies elves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 12:19:56 am »

I have resolved to cut down countless numbers of trees to try and get a rise out of the hippies elves.

Yeah, you're thinking about the past stereotype. Currently, they send no diplomat, hence no tree-cutting-quota.

Without the diplomat, they won't care. Without that, there will be no war.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 12:21:38 am »

Savagery only affects what wild animals will spawn. The problem is probably that you have invasions turned off.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: [1] 2