Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A lizard monster diplomat has arrived!  (Read 1520 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A lizard monster diplomat has arrived!
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:27:32 am »

A towering eyeless Lizard twisted into humanoid form, it is ravening, its cobalt scales are jagged and overlapping, beware its webs!
He is fat.

This is the human diplomat, he has the profession of "prisoner" and I can only assume the humans sent him after seeing my trade depot exclusively decorated with scenes of elves and humans being murdered by assorted monsters, or being trampled by Elephants during "The Attack of Horns". I have got to poke around in legends mode for this world soon.

Also? Dude wears a single goblin bone earring in his left ear.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: A lizard monster diplomat has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:38:26 am »

You know, out of all of the professions the humans could have assigned that thing... diplomat? Really?

Methinks they've been smoking too much longland grass in that civ, or something...

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40:09 am »

It's common knowledge that clowns will escape from below, pose as gods, and take over leadership of a human civ, and arrive as diplomats.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:47:12 am »

I am aware of the tendency, however I find it interesting that this fella has the profession of "Prisoner". There must be a story there, I will choose to believe he was found out, imprisoned, and grew to love his adoptive community, as well as the cuisine they cooked for him (Hence the fatness), eventually choosing to abandon his terrible past in an effort to foster community in the surface world.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:58:26 am »

Maybe they sent him to your fort to lose some weight. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 02:10:12 am »

Indeed. Imprisoned for devouring enough masterwork cow tallow roasts to feed a city for a month, and forced to do community service as a diplomat to dwarves, and jog the whole way to lose all that weight.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 03:16:31 am »

I want him to come back during an ambush or siege, I want to see how well he handles goblins.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:52 am »

That's awesome.

I've NEVER had that... though I should probably re-enable diplomats in the raws.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 04:14:55 am »

Unless they are from the dwarfs they don't do anything other than come in and say hi, then promptly leave, but it is a kind of neat look at the other civs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 06:50:51 am »

I want him to come back during an ambush or siege, I want to see how well he handles goblins.

Generally, violently. Has anyone ever gotten a clown diplomat with a vapour syndrome? :d

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 07:35:37 am »

I've heard yes.
A boiling extract one killed a tonne of dwarves by melting them when he went near them. Can't find the quote though.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 10:55:00 am »

Generally, violently. Has anyone ever gotten a clown diplomat with a vapour syndrome? :d

I've gotten a clown law-giver for a goblin siege and it managed to kill like half of it with its vapours. Awesome :D

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:56:54 am »

That's pretty freakin' cool. Another one of the many reasons I love Dwarf Fortress.