Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do fingers affect combat?  (Read 1584 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Do fingers affect combat?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 03:38:25 pm »

Yes, which is a pretty funny thing to picture.  Holding ten weapons, each by just a finger...
That's exactly what happens, though in practice you start out with one weapon and X-1 shields.

Also, if you simply apply [GRASP] to fingers, you may get something even more freakish - read here for a detailed account of this modding disaster (from 40d, though I'm pretty sure it still happens in 0.31).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 03:43:05 pm »

Yes, which is a pretty funny thing to picture.  Holding ten weapons, each by just a finger...

Urist Scissorhands?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 03:55:08 pm »

Why haven I yet to find a mod allowing beards to grab weapons...

Because the beard isn't a body part, it's a tissue layer on the HEAD body part.  So you'd have dwarves grabbing things with their entire head.  You'd have to mod the beard in as its own body part, and probably need to create a new type of beard hair tissue with the [MUSCULAR] and [STRUCTURAL] tags for it to be made from in order to make beard-hair actually able to be used as a limb that can grasp things and swing weapons.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

zebri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 04:05:31 pm »

Maybe the weapons would be implanted directly into the dwarf's fingers. Become just extensions of the body.

Yep, Urist McBladefingers = Freddy Kruger.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 04:06:40 pm »

Maybe the weapons would be implanted directly into the dwarf's fingers. Become just extensions of the body.

Yep, Urist McBladefingers = Freddy Kruger.

Urist McKrueger. Pig tail fibre sweater with red and black dye.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 12:28:03 pm »

That's exactly what happens, though in practice you start out with one weapon and X-1 shields.

Also, if you simply apply [GRASP] to fingers, you may get something even more freakish - read here for a detailed account of this modding disaster (from 40d, though I'm pretty sure it still happens in 0.31).

I read that thing... hillarious

seems like since a finger could grasp, it counted as hand and got fingers, that grasped
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 [2]