Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Post your favorite dwarf here!  (Read 1481 times)

tosha96

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Post your favorite dwarf here!
« on: January 16, 2012, 09:00:59 pm »

So, I thought it would be fun to make a thread where everyone posts their favorite dwarfs. If you're favorite changes, or you have several, thats fine too. All you have to do is go to the "Thoughts and preferences" screen, screencap it (Including the name at the top, so we can know their profession), and then link it here. Feel free to include any other backstory/information.

Here's mine:

If you're wondering about her nickname/profession name: Well, a while back, there was this potash maker who became possessed. Upon me not having the required materials, he went insane and started attacking everyone. Several people tried to fend him off, but had no luck. However, ol' "Brain-basher" walked up, and after a few hits on his body and limbs, promptly gave him a punch to the head and caved in his skull, earning her the nickname. Also, it doesn't say it in the description but I think one of the reasons she's ecstatic is because she got promoted to captain of the guard.

What interesting dwarfs do you guys have?

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
Re: Post your favorite dwarf here!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:31:04 pm »

My favourite dwarf would have to be the only one who has ever done anything worthy enough to be bookmarked and forever known in my dwarven history,

"Kolokol "Yuri" Zavoditkolokol"

His personality screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What did he do, you ask, to be so famous?

I nicknamed him Yuri because I assume he has mind-control powers now
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

bobcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46:04 pm »

A large part of my fortress defense this time around is a squad of marksdorfs.  The most famed of these is an elite marksdwarf I've nicknamed Deadeye.  She earned that nickname after she one shot killed a forgotten beast with a =copper bolt= between the eyes.  It saved my melee squads from having to beware its deadly dust.  She's killed about ten assorted goblins and trolls, as well as countless skeletal and zombie creatures, which apparently don't count as kills.  With such a record, she's become attached to her weapon.  She has bestowed the name Kälántír, or 'Traileddyes' upon her fearsome (copper crossbow).
Did I mention she is also a mother of 11?  A small mob of children likes to stand upon the battlements to watch their mother rain death upon our foes.  I like to think they enjoy the sight of perforated goblins vomiting and passing out.

I just noticed she's getting used to tragedy.  That's probably a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:39:24 am by bobcat »

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:04:15 am »

A large part of my fortress defense this time around is a squad of marksdorfs.  The most famed of these is an elite marksdwarf I've nicknamed Deadeye.  She earned that nickname after she one shot killed a forgotten beast with a =copper bolt= between the eyes.  It saved my melee squads from having to beware its deadly dust.  She's killed about ten assorted goblins and trolls, as well as countless skeletal and zombie creatures, which apparently don't count as kills.  With such a record, she's become attached to her weapon.  She has bestowed the name Kälántír, or 'Traileddyes' upon her fearsome (copper crossbow).
Did I mention she is also a mother of 11?  A small mob of children likes to stand upon the battlements to watch their mother rain death upon our foes.  I like to think they enjoy the sight of perforated goblins vomiting and passing out.

I just noticed she's getting used to tragedy.  That's probably a good thing.

the crossbow name sort of makes sense:  the enemies she shoots dye the ground with trails of blood!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

zebri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:41:47 am »

"She has been statisfied at work lately."
"She has complained of the crowded tables lately."

Not good since only tidied tables are good for finding
the perfect position to get "statiesfied".
No, seriously, how can dwarfes get statisfied at work? crafting
high quality items?

Well, my best dwarf was a crossbow dwarf which was a one-man army:
He was behind a fortifiction during a goblin army. He killed like 10 goblins
in a row until he threw a tauntrum with apparently no reason.  >:(

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 11:18:48 am »

My best dwarf. The son of a fire imp and a dwarf:

Desc:

Family screen to prove it:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:06:09 pm »

And that's what you get for meddling with hax :/

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 03:21:42 pm »

My militia commander.  He's wearing his proper uniform, and even better, he's gotten attached to a masterwork candy axe.  He needs more kills though.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:23:49 pm by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »

Actually, he grew up to be one of the best dwarves in the fortress. 6 FB and titan takedowns. Then, when HFS was breached, about 10 or 11 kills were by him.

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:37:02 pm »

I had a dwarf that started as a dabbling cheese maker. I put him in a suicide squad and sent it into the face of an ambush as bait. Suprisingly, the squad won and he was the only one left. When I looked at the combat log I found that he had killed 3/4 of the goblins. With his bare hands. I appointed him to a regular job (Stoneworker or something), then went on as normal. After a few more sieges I tried to make a magma trap. As is always happens, while I was building the trap another siege came along. With no major trap, my small dedicated military was easily overwhelmed. I assigned the rest of my dwarves to pick up weapons and retreat to the throne room. When the siege came in I attacked. They survived, but I had 13 or so dwarves left. All of them had major injuries, from broken bones to alive through being gutted. As I recall he was somewhere in between.

Only 5 of them survived after that. He was one of the remaining five. My first reaction was to wall off the fort completely and wait for the next migration. Unluckily, due to my RPing, my king was safe inside his private room. As a typical noble, he decided it would be nice to pull the lever that controlled the pumps in my water trap. The whole fort was flooded, save a few rooms that were either above the entrance or doored off. He was the only one alive, and by extreme luck, in one of the rooms that was dry and with a pick and . I dug him out and started over, practically. Long story short, he became the subject of many engravings, a legendary warrior (Through danger rooms, of course), a king, and a general hero.

The rest of the forts life was dedicated to making a badass tomb for him, with gold, booze, pointy things, pointy things made of candy, and anything shiny. He died fighting off a siege.
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Cyco_Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 01:18:23 am »

I had a dwarf my very first migrant of my first fortress and he was a bone doc/bone carver so I decided to make him my chief med dwarf. Later the monarch had just arrived and was making unreasonable demands when Urist Mcbonecarver enters a fell mood murders the monarch and makes a bone whip so I made him the law guy and gave him the whip the monarchs best friend had a tantrum and so Urist Mcbonecarver administered a beating immediately killing the poor dwarf with a headshot. But it doesn't end their a big gobbo siege came and I used his unit to help with defense the first gobbo into the fortress was their leader the Law-giver and of course he took a bone whip to the face and immediately died. Unfortunately the next gobbo managed to kill Urist Mcbonecarver and even worse is I have no pics.
QuoteModify
Quote from: arzzult on Today at 02:47:41 am
Too far? This is the game where we slaughter the cutest animals we can find by the dozen for a rather meager amount of food. This is the game where coming up with a more complex and cruel way to kill something is a daily goal. This is the game where "child care" is locking a kid in a room with a bunch of rabid animals to scar them, sir, this is not far enough.