Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373186 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #2475 on: April 04, 2014, 12:23:15 am »

That first Krous run?  I was about to get two achievements and unlock variant B.  I was ONE JUMP away from the jump beacon to system 8, out of fuel, facing a slug cruiser with 2 fucking missile launchers.

I feel the closeness... then my ship exploded.  I put up a good fight at least.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 04, 2014, 01:19:31 am »

I managed to get a Vulcan Chain gun in a run with the Lanius ship (Which starts with the Chain laser). Oh my the sheer amount of firepower going into an enemy when those clock up.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:21:14 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 04, 2014, 01:22:54 am »

Note to self, dont go single ion damage and Burst II plus a Pike beam against the boss. It took away 80% of my health, but I managed to limp to a store, repair fully, and come back swinging with one turn until destruction left.

Happy dance time!

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 04, 2014, 03:05:11 am »

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: April 04, 2014, 03:10:25 am »

Note to self: Don't go bio beam, breacher missile, and small bomb against the boss.  I *knew* my mantis boarding partyboat would have trouble with stage three, I *knew* the super shield would screw me over.  I was hoping that hacking would work, but no joy... couldn't get the triple missile down, and it took turns with the danmaku blaster to overwhelm my cloak and 8 bars of engine.

Fakedit:  Ooooow.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: April 04, 2014, 07:24:01 am »

Is there a way of getting more of that new race? I'd prefer to have an entire ship of them, rather than have a mixture.
Yeah. Look for Abandoned Sectors (classed as hostile). The Lanius are everywhere in them, and you might get lucky. I got one from a Federation outpost that was under attack there.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: April 04, 2014, 08:04:09 am »

For those wondering, the engi class C is a sombined engi/new race ship. Basically has all of the new comonents.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: April 04, 2014, 10:01:05 am »

Honestly I actually like how I didn't play this much. Now I get all the new content and the old content and both feel fresh.

Also each C-class has its own unlock method. (Two methods)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:27 am »

Pfff. One guy has gotten to the boss with an amusing tactic: he vented all of his rooms except for the engine and the pilot's room. Boarding parties just suffocate.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: April 04, 2014, 11:05:15 am »

So he used the standard Vortex approach, then? Hah.

How do you unlock C-class ships?

Get to sector 8 with the type-B of that ship. Doesn't even require beating the boss.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: April 04, 2014, 11:07:06 am »

I think that triple Burst Laser mk2 were of great help as well in that endeavour :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: April 04, 2014, 11:08:00 am »

I'm happy to have made it on normal with the Vortex, I think I can safely move up to "hard" for all the other ships and still have an easier time of it, heh.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: April 04, 2014, 01:57:10 pm »

UGH! I stink now!

I used to at least be able to consistently get to the 8th quad unless I had particular bad luck (Fighting the next tier of ship... in the first sector... OUCH!)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: April 04, 2014, 02:18:25 pm »

I... think the game got harder even on normal?  I may have just gotten rusty though.  Or gotten unlucky, I've only played a few runs.

Also, I can confirm that the rebel cruisers now fire even on normal, and its nearly impossible to charge up your engines before they get a lock.  I found this out because I went far out of my way to gather scrap for a store I knew had a pre-igniter.

The sad thing was I was using a quad charge laser and it only pre-ignited to the first level D:

Flak cannons are AMAZING.

Two MK IIs and one MK I managed to destroy the flagship. They ripped through the super shield (and regular, for that matter), and turned all but one of the enemy crew into a fine paste splattered across the walls.
The best thing is flak cannon + hacked helm or engines.  The worst thing is flak cannons when you desperately need to disable a tiny room,
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: April 04, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »

Rebel Cruisers fire on Easy too, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 243