Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374054 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #945 on: September 23, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »

But in the end, someone has to stay to destroy the last hull point.

You know, we do have a human with no skills who picked up at the previous beacon on board...
His sacrifice will be remembered by us all.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 23, 2012, 02:58:36 pm »

This game hates me sometimes. Go ahead, don't spawn any shops with weapons or droids. I'll be fine.
Hello Hunam

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 23, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

But in the end, someone has to stay to destroy the last hull point.

You know, we do have a human with no skills who picked up at the previous beacon on board...

Ooh, true... yeah, I kinda forgot about that.

I also keep forgetting that Crystals aren't as durable as Rocks, and neither are as capable 2v2 as my usual Mantis boarding parties. I swear, one of these days I'll get a Crystal, reach the Rock homeworld, and promptly lose him in combat before finishing the quest.  >:(

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 23, 2012, 04:41:35 pm »

Beat the boss with the Kestrel layout B.

Four mantises and a crew teleporter works out as well as you'd expect. Also having a beam weapon, Ion Blast II, and Defense Drone II, which turns out to be the perfect combination to deal with the final boss.

Sometimes this game just hands you a victory. I started the 2nd boss battle with 30 hp, and I would've come out with 30 again if it wasn't for one point of hull damage that I don't know how I got. I took three points of damage in the next battle, and I would've taken none if I had cloak.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 23, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

Bleh, had a very good run... managed to outfit my Torus with fancy things, like Pegasus launcher, and three drones: Attack, Defense and Beam.

Was amassing scrap like crazy until I ran out of drones. And then fuel. And I got killed by 2-shield rebel ship who smacked those goddamnfucking 4dmg missiles right into my weapons control system.

Oh well, at least I unlocked Engi B cruiser.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 23, 2012, 05:18:59 pm »

I got the Mantis Cruiser.  This is the first ship aside from the Red-tail I've actually liked.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 23, 2012, 06:16:38 pm »

I also keep forgetting that Crystals aren't as durable as Rocks, and neither are as capable 2v2 as my usual Mantis boarding parties. I swear, one of these days I'll get a Crystal, reach the Rock homeworld, and promptly lose him in combat before finishing the quest.  >:(

The quest doesn't end at the rock homeworld, that's just the second checkpoint. ^_^ (And thus, I don't think you can complete it if the Rock Homeworld is the last area before the Final Stand)

Cthulhu, I've found the mantis ship really fun. I barely even touch my weapons, of which I have a missile and an ion bomb. Fun thing to note: Ion does double damage to Zoltan super shields, meaning an ion bomb will take down even the strong in a single shot. Except for the boss, which needs the bomb AND the missile to knock it down.

Which I ran out of, trapping my crew on the enemy ship. But you know what? They won! They sacrificed their lives to secure victory!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:29:59 pm by GlyphGryph »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »

I managed to get a weapons pre-igniter with my red-tail on the first map. Its... ridiculous, my first salvo almost always takes out the enemy weapons before they can fire and then I can murder them at will. Most of my crew have barely any skills except for gunnery because no one shoots back.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 23, 2012, 08:54:17 pm »

Made it to the boss again and it was a standoff. Mantis A, out of missiles so no bombing/missiling. Not enough damage output to get through shields. Not enough crew to get kills before they bugger off to the medbay. But the derpface who designed the weapons chambers let me kill the derpfaces who chose to work in them and the chambers themselves.

However, I did unlock Mantis B. So that leaves me with Crystal, Rock, Slug, and Federation to get, plus Zoltran and Stealth B-layouts.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 23, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »

So, plotwise...

The Engie: Very logical speech, good machinists, generally peaceful. Loyal to the federation, have a pact with the Mantis. Have not done well since the fall of the federation. There are no primarily Engie pirates, though they may join pirate crews.
Mantis: Not friendly to the federation, but also not hostile to them - so long as they stay out of Mantis space. Enjoy hunting Slugs, who they hate, and Rocks, who they see as worthwhile enemies. Very frequently found as pirates.
Zoltan: Independent, strong believers in the letter of the law and quick to deal with potential threats and criminals. They have some advanced technology, and the Zoltan wise men can be alternately destructive or helpful, depending on their mood. Sometimes found as slavers or pirates.
Slugs: Disliked by everyone. Often found as pirates and slavers, and fight through trickery and subterfuge - often risking interspecies incidents by pretending to be a race other than their own. Particularly hateful of the Mantis.
Rock: I know nothing about these guys. Fairly common pirates. Like to fight, but do not use subterfuge like the Mantis and Slugs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:08:11 pm by GlyphGryph »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 23, 2012, 09:05:26 pm »

Rock: I know nothing about these guys. Fairly common pirates.

Rocks are extremely xenophobic, so it's pretty natural that not much would be known.
Also often called Boowells.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 23, 2012, 09:07:08 pm »

Crystal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 23, 2012, 09:27:15 pm »

OH MY GOD WHY

I was having a good game, managed to get a heavy laser II and  a Pegasus launcher, and what happens? A Zoltan ship with supershield comes armed with two attack drones and three HL's, and brings me from full health to zero before I can even pierce the shields. Fuck this game sometimes, man.
Hello Hunam

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 23, 2012, 10:22:34 pm »

Quick question for anyone: How many ships(not layouts) have you unlocked, and how many games have you played?

I want to know if I'm doing poorly or well with 4 ships for 22 games.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2012, 10:42:37 pm »

Oh damn...  just beat the boss on easy with the Rock ship, type A.  Everything of mine was on fire at the end.  Fire everywhere, except the shield room and weapons room.  I also forgot to bring back my 2 rock guy boarders just when the boss blew up.

There is no way my 2 surviving crew members would have survived after that encounter.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 243