Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85810 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D2 - One Replacement Needed [11/13]
« Reply #480 on: January 26, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

Kill Darvi.  Really I think we should kill Ottofar too - that means tomorrow night we'd be able to use MBP's ability to completely lock down the mafia kill.  Other than that we should be able to create some kind of elaborate alibi web using roleblocks, redirects and stuff.

Let's see... alibi plan:
Shakerag: Kills Darvi.  With Darvi dead in the morning he'd have an alibi.
Darvi: Dies.  Roleflips.
ECrown: Dies.  Roleflips.
Toaster: Guards someone.  Is redirected to person X.
Dariush: Uses the signal flare.  Not sure about target, someone like Toaster.
Ottofar: Uses super redirect on me, Toaster, Jack AT and webadict.  Redirects all of them to the same "person X".  If any of the four listed are mafia trying to perform the kill it will be blocked by the others of us.  Dies.  If he's town, he's locked down the mafia kill.  If he's scum, he dies.  Great either way.
Urist Imi: Kills Ottofar.  Has an alibi from Ottofar dying.
Leafsnail: Attempts to use Orangebottle's one shot.  Is redirected.
Jack AT: Protect someone or other, is redirected.
Webadict: Is redirected.
MBP: Copies Dariush for an alibi.

That would have scum in a pretty nasty lock, and we'd have MBP's ability tomorrow to completely stop the kill dead.
This works for me. Is the person "X" a mystery, or can we force Ottofar to choose a specific person? Just in case Ottofar is scum. I'd volunteer, but my auto might fail. Honestly, I think we should choose Toaster or Jack to be redirected to.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 26, 2012, 09:14:39 pm »

I don't think it matters who the person being targetted by the kills and protects is.  Except it shouldn't be the people slated to die or anyone who protects would/ could fail against.  If Ottofar is scum he could just ignore this plan anyway, but I wouldn't mind that too much since he's dying.

The only thing that worries me is that the whole point of the rolename I sent in is to create problems based on "everyone has an alibi", but nevermind.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »

I don't see any holes in the plan.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2012, 11:33:56 pm »

I don't think it matters who the person being targetted by the kills and protects is.  Except it shouldn't be the people slated to die or anyone who protects would/ could fail against.  If Ottofar is scum he could just ignore this plan anyway, but I wouldn't mind that too much since he's dying.

The only thing that worries me is that the whole point of the rolename I sent in is to create problems based on "everyone has an alibi", but nevermind.
I chose those two because they have protection roles, so one of them would be protected.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 26, 2012, 11:50:22 pm »

I chose those two because they have protection roles, so one of them would be protected.
Except that would be stupid.

If you can use Orangebottle's one-shot, then he's dead. He would have had to die, so we should actually be redirected to you. You'll be unblockable and protected for a night. If his one-shot is a doppelganger, then you won't die or recruit anyone into the mafia, since you'll be redirected to yourself, which is protected. If not, you're simply unblockable and protected.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2012, 02:55:07 am »

Sounds good to me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2012, 04:04:33 am »

The day is over!

"Man, guys, you have no idea how dangerous the basement was! There were tigers! Giant mecha! Serial killers! Cult leaders! Even --"

"Where have you been? We've been ready to kick someone out for the last 24 hours," asked Jack A T.

"... Oh, really? Woops."

And so Think0028 brings his full force upon ECrownOfFire, beginning to question ECF until he finds out what he truly is.

And promptly running out crying once he found out the truth.

ECrownOfFire has been lynched! He was Dariush/NUKE Slashfic, Town!

Dariush/NUKE Slashfic - Town:
(Source: Some Sick Bastard's Imagination)
You have the role of... oh god, what? Do I seriously have to write about this? I quit.
(Auto) Who Wrote This: This is the worst thing I've ever read and oh my god I can't look away. Whoever kills you loses their vote for the next day.
(Night) Keen Authorial Instinct: Your 'devotion' to writing people in-character has given you a keen insight into people. You can inspect people at night and determine if they are town or anti-town.
(One-shot) Open For Review: You open up the target's role PM for inspection. You learn the exact contents of their role PM.

You asshole! You colossal jerk! Why did you send that in, you mysterious ruiner of my subconscious!

... I guess people should send me their actions.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N2 - D: - One Replacement Needed [10/13]
« Reply #487 on: January 31, 2012, 02:46:05 am »

Day 3 has begun!

Someone dead?

Anyone?

Think0028 searches around. SOMETHING had to have happened last night.

Anything?

Day ends Thursday!

Due to time constraints, you may not have received a response to your night action. Trust me when I say I have responded to all that needed a response.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? - One Replacement Needed [10/13]
« Reply #488 on: January 31, 2012, 07:32:45 am »

ECF, when picking players whose examples to follow, please do not choose Remalle for this.

That said, Toaster was flared. However, Darvi still seems to be alive. Explanations are being awaited.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 31, 2012, 08:05:48 am »

I also thought I was supposed to die.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 31, 2012, 09:13:48 am »

I can confirm I was flared.  The message was essentially to protect Dariush since he'll have something to tell us later.

Dariush:  Do you have something to tell us?

Shakerag:  Why is Darvi alive?

Urist I:  Why is Ottofar alive?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:52 am »

I can confirm I was flared.  The message was essentially to protect Dariush since he'll have something to tell us later.
That's not what his one-shot was supposed to be.

And... why didn't anyone die?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:50 am »

Shakerag:  Why is Darvi alive?

Fuck if I know, man.  From my end it looked like the kill went through on Darvi. 

Dariush: What exactly is it you have to tell us?  And why did you lie about your ability?  Because from your claim you said the ability would tell someone you're town.  Not that they needed to protect you.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 31, 2012, 10:21:36 am »

I suppose deaths and revives are not announced then.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 31, 2012, 10:51:42 am »

Dariush: What exactly is it you have to tell us?  And why did you lie about your ability?  Because from your claim you said the ability would tell someone you're town.  Not that they needed to protect you.
Actually, I didn't know I could send an accompanying message until Think told me I could (after I sent a bare-bones 'I want to flare Toaster'), in addition to telling the target I'm town. I don't have anything interesting to tell, I just wanted to see whether Toaster would reveal what I said or hide it and try to get rid of me.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61