Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62758 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 3
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »

Ehhhhhhh I can't really make up my mind. I suppose I like a declaration that somebody is scum without a vote less than I like an FoS to start out lylo.

Andrew425.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2012, 12:20:00 am »

You guys have extended like 50 times. You might want to consider actually playing during that time. You have until 9 PM tonight to get posting, otherwise the Day ends then.
To be fair several of those extensions were on your end.  :P

What I'm saying is: beginning the day with a FoS may or may not be 'casting the doubt and so on'. Andrew didn't continue that line of thinking and didn't even vote Phantom, thus he didn't have what I called 'clear purpose'.
But Andrew did vote Phantom in this post and continued here before drifting away from the game. I don't understand what your getting at, especially about 'clear purpose'.

Well right now all 4 of us have votes on Andrew425 and it doesn't look like he'll be talking soon...

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2012, 02:21:02 am »

Sorry guys I haven't been active.

Phantom you seem newish, and I don't really have anything against you.

Unvote

I guess Webs going to end the game, but here's my shot at helping the town.

Jim

Why have you been such a prolific chainsawer? You've been defending me the whole game. At first I thought that you were just pointing out inconsistencies with the other people's arguments but you've spent 3/4 of your last posts just defending me. I can see no reason why a townie would ever defend someone to that extreme.

So i'm calling you out.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2012, 02:48:40 am »

The whole game, huh? You mean lylo. Because I have not been defending you the whole game.

And the only reason I was 'defending' you was because I was closely examining everybody's arguments and challenging them to see what turns up, which is exactly what you should be doing at lylo.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:57 am »

Well right now all 4 of us have votes on Andrew425 and it doesn't look like he'll be talking soon...
Scum celebrating their victory?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 2
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2012, 10:38:02 am »

As I was walking back into the bar, something caught my eye. It was several makeshift graves, each more poorly constructed than the last. The last two didn't even have names. I looked at the other ones...

Louisa Laskey
Tanisha Thalleau
Melisa Minarik
Grace Guilbeau
Maricela Mitcham
Dollie Denbow
Penelope Pereda

"The last two," said the Sheriff, who had just recently appeared, "are Whitney Whalley and Margery Mendelson. They're the ones that actually took the gold."

The nameless graves were too shallow. "Did you ever catch them?"

"No. The town was so desperate that they just killed everyone they could think of. No investigation. Nothing. And that's why these two got away."

The sun was now setting. I turned to go inside, but the Sheriff stayed. I didn't see him come back in.

I left town the next day. It still felt just as empty as when I entered it.

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 - zombie urist, Dariush, Jim Groovester,
Phantom of The Library -
zombie urist -
Jim Groovester - Andrew425,
Dariush -

Not Voting - Phantom of The Library,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Andrew425 has been lynched!

Andrew425 was a Townie (town).

Game Over! Phantom of the Library and zombie urist win!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!
« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2012, 10:41:28 am »

I was Tanisha. At least I got second best grave *grumble grumble*
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2012, 11:22:51 am »

Gah. For half of the last day my gut was screaming at me that zombie was scum, but I couldn't find any solid case against him. I predict a bright future for you on this forum. ;)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »

Cop got blocked and killed.

He inspected both scum. Neither were Godfather.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2012, 01:03:56 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf-

Good game, everyone. Being alive at lylo made this one of the more interesting Beginner's Mafias for me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2012, 01:12:27 pm »

It worked, too- you two were beginning to suspect each other.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »

The last few days I was thinking

It must be Dariush, his scum partner is probably Urist.

It must be Phantom, his scum partner is probably Urist.

It's gotta be Jim, why has he been alive for so long? His scum partner is probably Urist.

Ya, the fact that the IC's weren't dying kinda freaked me out.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2012, 04:42:41 pm »

Can we see the scumchat?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2012, 05:10:43 pm »

Happy, so happy we won~~  :D

So first off, I would like to apologize to Strategia, it was really hard on me to attack him like that. 

Second I would like to say, that, while I really enjoy Mafia, it's very hard on me, like Chaos I find it hard to insult anybody, unless I'm angry at them, (which is ridiculously rare, but it does happen) or it's in a game setting, even then it's a bit on the hard side.  So I might be taking a break before I do any more, it wears me out a bit emotionally.

Third, I was wondering if the IC(s), mod and/or any of the experienced watchers could give an analyzation of my play.  I really want to know how well I did and any flaws I need to correct.

And finally, would you recommend that I do another BM, or do you think that I'm ready for a full game?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 23, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »

Good game guys :)

Here is scumchat. http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/kSrUWePWFu8v

Second I would like to say, that, while I really enjoy Mafia, it's very hard on me, like Chaos I find it hard to insult anybody, unless I'm angry at them, (which is ridiculously rare, but it does happen) or it's in a game setting, even then it's a bit on the hard side.  So I might be taking a break before I do any more, it wears me out a bit emotionally.
Yeah same here. To be honest this is why I became less and less active in my previous game.

Gah. For half of the last day my gut was screaming at me that zombie was scum, but I couldn't find any solid case against him. I predict a bright future for you on this forum. ;)
Thanks! :D

Ya, the fact that the IC's weren't dying kinda freaked me out.
One of the things I especially like to do when playing as scum is to nightkill people who aren't expected to be killed. In fact, if Phantom died I probably would have NK'd you just to stir up the game some more. Although people aren't supposed to think about NKs as it causes WIFOM, theres always some people who do and it always causes some WIFOM. I kind of felt bad for killing Klingon's replacement before he had a chance to play though.

I was really surprised when Strategia replaced in and pretty much immediately identified Phantom and I as scum. That scared me for quite a while.

I've had an interesting thought about playing D1 BMs now, which is to just ignore the role PM until the first night. Since there are no roles that can do anything during the day, it might be a good way to force yourselves to play as town. Also is there any chance I could mod a BM in the future?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23