Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best crafts for trading, mugs? EDIT: zoomed out very far, how do I fix this?  (Read 1540 times)

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are the best goods to make for trading? I think I see mugs mentioned a lot, not as the best thing to make, but mentioned often when people talk about trading and what not.

So, mugs or rock crafts? I've been doing rock crafts
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:57:23 pm by UnexpectedSalad »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best crafts for trading, mugs?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »

Rock crafts can be produced in sets of 3. Rock mugs are produced in sets of 3. Since crafts and mugs have the same value, in terms of value per job and value per time mugs are clearly superior.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »

Rock crafts can be produced in sets of 3. Rock mugs are produced in sets of 3. Since crafts and mugs have the same value, in terms of value per job and value per time mugs are clearly superior.
Thank you very much. Mugs it is.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »

I stopped making mugs when I couldn't find them specifically in the trade good to depot select screen. I think they are just under 'all' so if you have a bin with only mugs in it you couldn't select it from the filtered options...

but that was long ago, I don't often 'make' good for trade.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:45:58 pm »

For trading, I prefer query bush leave roast, longland flour roast, large serrated green glass disc, spiked silver ball.
My stone crafter only make pots.

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

Um, I somehow just zoomed out while playing just now to the point where I can't really play. What keys are used for zooming in and out? I'm playing on a laptop so I don't have a mouse wheel.

Sorry, I can't find the answer on the wiki lol...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:53:53 pm by UnexpectedSalad »

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

i'ld check in the key bindings if i had DF running...

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'ld check in the key bindings if i had DF running...
I would do that, but the text is too small to even see the menu ...............................lol

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I check my keybindings in some file somewhere? I can't check anything in DF, any every answer from google says the mousewheel but I'm on a laptop.

Blarghhh.....

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile

Plus and minus signs, thats how my friend does it on his computer since his mouse wheel broke.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Closed and restarted the game and it's fixed.

Man, learning how to play this game is giving me a headache.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Just few things to say here.
1) Check to see if your laptop has an alternative for the mouse wheel (used for scrolling windows). Macs have the two-finger scroll on all of their laptops for the last 4 years or so and many windows laptops have edge scroll or something similar to that. These will all work as a replacement for the mouse wheel on default.

2) In a worst case scenario, you can hit esc, scroll down to keybindings, and zoom in/out are about the 10th option down under general. Then you can change them to whatever buttons you wish in order to deal with the way that your laptop works.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 12:27:14 am »

I stopped making mugs when I couldn't find them specifically in the trade good to depot select screen. I think they are just under 'all' so if you have a bin with only mugs in it you couldn't select it from the filtered options...

but that was long ago, I don't often 'make' good for trade.
You can type in what you want to search for in that screen.  I believe it's "s" to enter the search menu, though I could be wrong.  Enter "mug" and it will show only items with "mug" in it's name, usually just mugs.

Items in bins don't show up this way.  Though you can look for the type of bin, like "finished goods" for mugs.  Or just "fini".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Cloth crafts. Dye em, spam em and grow them! Infinite monies right thar.

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just few things to say here.
1) Check to see if your laptop has an alternative for the mouse wheel (used for scrolling windows). Macs have the two-finger scroll on all of their laptops for the last 4 years or so and many windows laptops have edge scroll or something similar to that. These will all work as a replacement for the mouse wheel on default.

2) In a worst case scenario, you can hit esc, scroll down to keybindings, and zoom in/out are about the 10th option down under general. Then you can change them to whatever buttons you wish in order to deal with the way that your laptop works.
Thanks, yeah I'm fairly sure I accidently hit whatever 'alternative' the mouse wheel is on this thing.
Pages: [1] 2