Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958844 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #8025 on: March 17, 2014, 05:32:08 pm »

Can anyone give me some mod recommendations for Enemy Within?

I hear Long War's compatible with it.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: March 17, 2014, 07:03:29 pm »

Can anyone give me some mod recommendations for Enemy Within?

I hear Long War's compatible with it.

The latest one is, I think, yeah.

get that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: March 18, 2014, 02:05:03 pm »

Long war sounds fucking awesome, unfortunately my steam folder is in my program files and there are too many savegames for me to want to risk migrating it somewhere.

For those who don't know, Microsoft has long given program files invisible mandatory security that quietly reverts any changes the user makes within it.  So modding steam games is impossible until I find the time to backup all the games I care about.  At least I think its impossible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: March 18, 2014, 02:15:48 pm »

Long war sounds fucking awesome, unfortunately my steam folder is in my program files and there are too many savegames for me to want to risk migrating it somewhere.

For those who don't know, Microsoft has long given program files invisible mandatory security that quietly reverts any changes the user makes within it.  So modding steam games is impossible until I find the time to backup all the games I care about.  At least I think its impossible.
You can have more than one library folder, and you can freely move games between libraries. From Steam settings->Downloads, press the "STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS" button and add a new library where you need it. Then just browse to your steamapps directory, and move it to the new library. I move games like that all the time between my laptop and tablet.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: March 18, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that the closest Meld container in the Paper Factory is pretty much impossible to get without stealth? It has such a short timer on it that you'd have to be sprinting troops out into the deathtrap of a parking lot to get to it in time.

I've tried going around the back wall and blowing a hole in the wall to get to it in time, and even that doesn't work due to the sheer number of aliens that were around once I did that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: March 18, 2014, 03:12:27 pm »

I don't think you have that entirely correct but I don't know enough of the matter to dispute you.

Suffice to say that had never happened to me in the history of everything.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: March 18, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »

I'm thinking of starting a TFtD let's play. We have all kinds of xcom let's plays but no TFtD lps running as far as I can see.

What do you guys think?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: March 18, 2014, 03:17:30 pm »

I'm thinking of starting a TFtD let's play. We have all kinds of xcom let's plays but no TFtD lps running as far as I can see.

What do you guys think?

Never hurts to have more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: March 18, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »

Actually, there was one (by MaximumZero, I think, that spawned the infamous "Broomy McBucket"), but it hasn't updated in some time.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:25 pm »

I'm not saying you're wrong, but either you or myself is imagining things.
I was modding GMod only a few months ago. Worked fine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: March 18, 2014, 04:45:10 pm »

Windows Vista had this, but 7 and 8 don't.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: March 18, 2014, 05:01:54 pm »

Windows Vista had this, but 7 and 8 don't.

Hmm... I think 7 might but 8 doesn't?  I tried it out on my laptop and it didn't seem to happen, but I SWEAR it has at the very least happened on my older windows 7 PC that I don't have with me.

If it doesn't happen on 7 I'm going to start doubting my sanity.  Or shrugging and downloading Long War, one of those things.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: March 18, 2014, 05:22:11 pm »

Just in case more people are interested, I have an Enemy Within LP that I started up yesterday. Planning on doing at least one more mission tonight. We have a fair number of rookies in the barracks up for grabs.
Come play Mafia with us!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: March 18, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »

Something gradually corrupts the mod whenever we install it on my end, and it seems to do it in bits and pieces. I'm using the vanilla version without enemy within, and it currently requires rolling back a couple patches which always seem to get updated back into place.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 625