Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958474 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #5655 on: April 01, 2013, 05:27:42 am »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh spoilers, my mind is blown.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: April 01, 2013, 06:18:40 am »

I said it before and I will say it again...
Glitches are why I don't Play with THEIR Ironman Mode...

I was playing the game, Ironman, Heavy with Rocket fires at the once in a lifetime bunching of 3 Greymen and a Crysalisk. The Explosion hits, the cutscene starts the greymen dies then FREEZE!!!!! Everything is frozen, the game and everything...

I reload, Its before my shot with the heavy. I take the shot, SHOT GOES FUCKING WIDER THEN A 747 FROM THE TARGET. Crysalisk moves and kills the VIP in one shot. Slingshot DLC gameover...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: April 02, 2013, 01:28:56 pm »

I said it before and I will say it again...
Glitches are why I don't Play with THEIR Ironman Mode...

I was playing the game, Ironman, Heavy with Rocket fires at the once in a lifetime bunching of 3 Greymen and a Crysalisk. The Explosion hits, the cutscene starts the greymen dies then FREEZE!!!!! Everything is frozen, the game and everything...

I reload, Its before my shot with the heavy. I take the shot, SHOT GOES FUCKING WIDER THEN A 747 FROM THE TARGET. Crysalisk moves and kills the VIP in one shot. Slingshot DLC gameover...

As long as you kill the process before the start of the next turn (aka when it autosaves) you can savescum back to the start of your turn even in Ironman.  I used to undo glitches like that, although by now I've learned to live with most of them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: April 02, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »

I actually played iron man mode specifically BECAUSE it made dealing with glitches easy.

Autosaves+a single save meant reloading to avoid the glitch was trivial, without all that bullshit million saves management stuff, so I could actually run multiple games.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: April 02, 2013, 04:08:27 pm »

Isn't there a game option to turn on autosaves without Ironman?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: April 02, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »

But thats the thing, due to Iron Man, I lost the chance to undo that changed result due to the bug crash. I mean If I knew that I could savescum before end of turn to recover and try again then maybe. But yeah. Ironman is hated by me. These days. If a game comes out with an Ironman Mode, I say nope, I just don't save unless I am going to sleep/work/poop...

I used to Ironman FFVII back in my early years cause I didn't own a PS1 Memory card for my PS2, had to leave the console on and the light hidden to not alert my parents to me keeping the PS2 on during the non use of the system. Luckily my Mum found a cheep one with a copy of Tombraider (PS1) so bonus there. Furthest I got before someone would shut down the system would be just out of Midgard...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: April 02, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »

Did they ever fix that stupid "too many saves" glitch?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: April 02, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »

Isn't there a game option to turn on autosaves without Ironman?

There is one to make normal saves in a new slot automatic. Which is a huge headache. There isn't one just to have a normal autosave slot.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:48 am »

I'm so close! So close I can smell it on my Impossible Ironman run with almost all the second wave options on! I have plasma (but I don't have a single armour tech) and a bunch of colonels.

Holy hell I think the most painful second wave option is the increasing cost of satellites. The free crits on flanking shots is pretty cheating though since it only benefits you on impossible. The aliens almost always crit you anyway haha.

The only option I don't have on is marathon because it simply doesn't work.

Armour is still almost useless in this since you almost always die in one hit anyway. Might help against sectoids and their like but those aren't really a problem once you have lasers. Mutons especially love one hit killing everyone. Grenades also almost impossible with the damage variance thing, it's too risky to chance a throw when all the enemies have 5 hp or more. So almost all my guys have scopes because if they fail to kill an alien in front of them, they're probably dead.

Hopefully I don't get bored before I finish it so I can at least get the achievement.

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: May 06, 2013, 12:44:11 pm »

Armor gives your men HP *and* damage reduction, making that 8 damage 1-hit-kill plasma blast from a Muton turn into a 3 damage knick in your 18 stick health bar.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: May 06, 2013, 02:06:23 pm »

Armor gives your men HP *and* damage reduction, making that 8 damage 1-hit-kill plasma blast from a Muton turn into a 3 damage knick in your 18 stick health bar.

Not to mention that ghost armor's special ability is SOOO good that I would honestly consider using it over Titan armor and sometimes even Psyarmor.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: May 06, 2013, 02:09:00 pm »

I dunno. Titan Armor can turn an already-deadly Assault soldier into an absolute beast. The can have almost as much health as the final boss.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11:34 pm »

I dunno. Titan Armor can turn an already-deadly Assault soldier into an absolute beast. The can have almost as much health as the final boss.

The way I see Ghost armor is that it is a guarantee that you will take down one entire group of aliens without injury three times.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: May 06, 2013, 02:20:47 pm »

I don't think armor does reduce damage, except for special stuff like carapace armor reducing melee damage.  It's been a while since I played though, so I could be wrong.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: May 06, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »

it increases your health. 
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 625