Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961719 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1800 on: September 14, 2012, 10:32:44 am »

I'd rather buy games from Best Buy than GameStop.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1801 on: September 14, 2012, 11:40:09 am »

Agreed

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: September 14, 2012, 12:04:12 pm »

Agreed

Ya, I avoid EBgames here like the plague now. Hell, this'll be the first physical game I've bought in years!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: September 14, 2012, 01:25:36 pm »

Agreed

Ya, I avoid EBgames here like the plague now. Hell, this'll be the first physical game I've bought in years!

Sadly EB is the best store near me

I am still sorta pissed off when they sold me a game under false pretenses and wouldn't give me a refund and then blamed it on me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: September 14, 2012, 01:27:36 pm »

I just order stuff from Amazon now if I want a physical copy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:03 pm »

They can be HARDCORE rip off artists where I live.

The difference between a book or boardgame I buy on Amazon versus one I buy off of them can be more then 50-70 dollars.

Mind you I am going off of Amazon.ca... The .com Amazon doesn't seem to have that problem.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:38 pm »

it just depends on the distribution you purchase from in Amazon. Lots of companies talk to me as I handle most of our company's purchases on there so I make sure I got good communication.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 14, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »

it just depends on the distribution you purchase from in Amazon. Lots of companies talk to me as I handle most of our company's purchases on there so I make sure I got good communication.

Nope, Already checked that. The amazon that is available where I live are total rip off artists for certain products who take advantage of their near monopoly.

Mind you, not this game. They tend to be somewhat fair with videogame prices for the most part... but yeah because they don't have anywhere close to a monopoly on videogames.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:11:08 pm by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 15, 2012, 12:41:32 pm »

Does anybody know of any games similar to X-COM to pass the time until the release date finally arrives? I know that Julian Gollop (who worked on the original game and Apocalypse) made other tactical-type games such as Lazer Squad and Rebelstar: Tactical Command, and a game called Xeno-something (can't remember the name right now) drew inspiration from X-COM, but I can't think of anything else.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 15, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

You're probably thinking of Xenonauts.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 15, 2012, 12:42:41 pm »

Well It also STRONGLY depends on what the priority is here.

I mean... Fallout is a lot like Xcom in that hte combat is similar in many ways.

Plus there are plenty of 2d tactical squad based combat games as well... but that don't have "global opperations"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:48:57 pm by Neonivek »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1811 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »

Does anybody know of any games similar to X-COM to pass the time until the release date finally arrives? I know that Julian Gollop (who worked on the original game and Apocalypse) made other tactical-type games such as Lazer Squad and Rebelstar: Tactical Command, and a game called Xeno-something (can't remember the name right now) drew inspiration from X-COM, but I can't think of anything else.
UFO: Extraterrestrials, any of the After series (Aftermath, Aftershock, Afterlight), Xenonauts... there have been many games which drew inspiration from xcom

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 15, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

Well It also STRONGLY depends on what the priority is here.

I mean... Fallout is a lot like Xcom in that hte combat is similar in many ways.

Yeah, but you only get to (directly) control one character in Fallout. Also: I've played it already. Well... except for Tactics. Maybe I'll give that a try.

UFO: Extraterrestrials, any of the After series (Aftermath, Aftershock, Afterlight), Xenonauts... there have been many games which drew inspiration from xcom

Huh, UFO: Extraterrestrials seems to have been the game I was thinking about. I have no clue why I thought it had Xeno in its name though. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: September 15, 2012, 01:33:27 pm »

Another (this time small) RPS piece.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 15, 2012, 02:04:27 pm »

The difference between a book or boardgame I buy on Amazon versus one I buy off of them can be more then 50-70 dollars.
What kind of books are you buying? I don't think all the books I bought this year combined cost 70 bucks.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 625