Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26183 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Quote from: Dermonster's action
You fail several times at jumping the wall. You blame your dress, and go stomping off to look for the front door to try it.
Quote from: Tiruin's action
You attempt the hole with the others, but struggle abit and decide to follow Derek as he goes to find the front door.

I don't think anybody but myself is inside yet...

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

I don't think anybody but myself is inside yet...
Indeed. You are the only one inside, as the others haven't actually found the front door yet.
I never indicated Derek found the door that turn, Valia was <AFK> and following Derek, and Nessara didn't quite manage to get in either, so she went with Derek.

I'm going to assume FFS and Derm prefaced their actions with "Find the Front Door; If successful, enter and [...]" for the sake of brevity.

(lol @ <AFK>, not exactly at FFS  :P)
^^ I'm glad someone got a good laugh out of it. The entire premise is silly anyway, so while the story itself is a somewhat serious action adventure, I'm not going to try to keep a straight face while I write it out.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

If I don't find the front door, install a side entrance.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Examine muffin pan then head to the plot where Jeeves said to go.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we can't get in, look for plot tokens anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate it when people do that 'turn out soon' thing.

Just post the turn without any forewarning please. Now I'll be in some kind of hellish anticipatory state until you do.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other hand, other people are the opposite and hate it when there are long stretches without the GM popping in to remind them that the turn is coming and they're not dead.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2012, 08:47:26 pm »

When I say "Turn out soon" I try to mean "I'm writing the turn up now." if there will be extra delays, I'll try to tell you guys that.
Turn 13: In which they poke around a hole in the ground.

Actions:
--------
Improve my lamp, then find that other entrance!
(5) You tinker as you walk, and after several moments you manage to fix the lamp. Turning it on causes a wide beam of pale light spill out, illuminating the area as you circle the building, looking for the main entrance. After a short time your lamp illuminates the door, and you beckon the others over.

Sneak to the left!
(4) You're not sure who or what might be around, and decide that discretion is the better part of valour. Sneaking carefully through the large hole in the wall, you look down at the massive crater formed in the building. As you sneak along, you bump into something large and heavy, but nothing breaks or crashes down. You exhale abit loudly in relief before you can stop yourself as a result, though. You now stand at the edge of the pit, staring down.

Investigate crater. Use small sustained lightning as light source.
(6{19}) After Nessara opens the door, you enter the building and attempt to use your own electrical abilities to produce a small, portable light, despite your companion's device. As you do, you accidentally overcharge it again, though your lack of mana prevents you from doing more than creating a glowing orb of energy that blasts out of your hand and strikes the ceiling. Pale light fixtures begin to flicker into life, and soon the entry hall is completely lit once more.
On the wall to the left is a badly charred sign with several arrows. Though barely legible, you can make out parts of words above each arrow. The first, pointing in the direction of the crater, reads "...atories" The second, pointing in the opposite direction, reads "...orage." The last is in two lines, and what you can make out of them read "... us expiremental ...ice storage."
Following the hallway the first arrow points you down, you arrive at the crater.

Follow Derek and look for plot-important items in the crater.
(3) Once you reach the crater you look around, but don't see anything that might be important. Or useable.

Examine muffin pan then head to the plot where Jeeves said to go.
(5) What muffin pan? You're not holding a muffin pan. You are, however capable of heading toward the burned out lab, so you do. When you arrive you find Derick's "Styling ride" sitting outside. Given all the build-up, you're kind of disappointed by it's current shabby appearance. 

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Into the crater! Let's find me some competitor secrets!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Sneak deeper into the building!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Call out our direction, to the crater. Use light source, to light the way. Derek's way included.

"Strange signs they have in these labs: Lavatories, Forage, Amorphous experimental rice storage...

"Either it's my light or I'm reading these wrong."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derm pauses as he takes this information into account.

"Welp," he says, staring at the crater. "Remind me to not come over for burrito night."

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head inside to building.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:40:35 am by Tersr »
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13