Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1328251 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8220 on: February 17, 2017, 04:13:47 pm »

hi guise

i maek gem

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure how well it went, but i am okay with it as it stands. I was mostly just bored because my baddened left arm won't let me do mad gaming. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: February 17, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »

Purty. I like the lighting on the facets, and the striation-y thingers!

Working on a short dumb music sketch: ♫ Link ♫

It's a work-in-progress, inspired by my shameless infatuation with melodramatic Retro JRPG Battle Music.

I'm not sure if it would sound better to double the length of the first and second sections, but I do like the fast progression.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:23:29 pm by Solifuge »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: February 18, 2017, 04:30:43 am »

Purty :v

Could also work as an upbeat first level of a Metroidvania game, before you descend into darker/harsher areas. Y'know, like Filmore area from ActRaiser v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8223 on: February 19, 2017, 09:06:44 am »

This is indirectly Kot's fault.

As usual, any and all feedback and criticism welcomed and appreciated. It's all a bit slapdash at this stage though (cleanup is coming), so 'it could be neater' might not be quite as helpful as other kinds of criticism. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: February 19, 2017, 09:17:08 am »

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but the two wings dont seem to quite line up with the angle of the armor they're attatched to?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: February 19, 2017, 10:19:22 am »

Yeah, it looks like the body's turned slightly while the wings are directly facing the viewer.

I can tell you were going for the head looking down, but I think the top of the helmet's a bit too large. At first glance it just looks like he has a short face and the nosepiece is covering his mouth.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8226 on: February 19, 2017, 12:49:19 pm »

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but the two wings dont seem to quite line up with the angle of the armor they're attatched to?

Hmm, good point.

I can tell you were going for the head looking down, but I think the top of the helmet's a bit too large. At first glance it just looks like he has a short face and the nosepiece is covering his mouth.

The nasal does cover his mouth as well, but you're right that the proportions are off.

Thank you both.

Edit:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:06:36 pm by Arx »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: February 19, 2017, 08:31:59 pm »

my family was moving so i wasnt able to draw anything, just brought my sketchbook from the old home today. here are some "bug" monsters

the missing evolution is because well, i've never drawn butterflies before, at least not with good detail, i have a particular species of moth/butterfly from my country but i need images of it before so i can figure out the design of its wings and patterns.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: February 19, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »

Anyway, I had another go at drawing small sprites.

This time it's a waspman. Tell me, what do you think? Can you see the guy on the right clearly? Do you have any tips for drawing small sprites?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: February 19, 2017, 11:48:11 pm »

Anyway, I had another go at drawing small sprites.

This time it's a waspman. Tell me, what do you think? Can you see the guy on the right clearly? Do you have any tips for drawing small sprites?

It looks like you've got it, I can make out the major details. That'd be perfectly distinct on a 3DS screen or something.

I had an idea I'd like some feedback on. Since I can't stand drawing sprites, and I can't model for shit, I thought my next game would consist of scanned pencil drawings.

Spoiler: Mockup of first screen (click to show/hide)

I drew each piece separately on a spritesheet, then cleaned them up and put it together in GIMP. I didn't ink or draw over the original lines, I just got rid of the paper grain and sharpened some of the lines. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8230 on: February 20, 2017, 05:03:01 am »

Looks pretty good. Going over it with a felt-tip pen of some kind would make the lines cleaner, which is always a good thing, but it looks fine now, too. Pencil is just inherently a little jagged compared to an inky tool.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: February 20, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »

I had an idea I'd like some feedback on. Since I can't stand drawing sprites, and I can't model for shit, I thought my next game would consist of scanned pencil drawings.

Spoiler: Mockup of first screen (click to show/hide)

I drew each piece separately on a spritesheet, then cleaned them up and put it together in GIMP. I didn't ink or draw over the original lines, I just got rid of the paper grain and sharpened some of the lines. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Neat! Mixed media or traditional art styles are uncommon, and generally pretty well received in games. Sprites and transparency might cause you some trouble, but you should be able to digitally edit that in like you said. You'll have to be careful about noisy white or grey pixels on the edges, though.

Looks pretty good. Going over it with a felt-tip pen of some kind would make the lines cleaner, which is always a good thing, but it looks fine now, too. Pencil is just inherently a little jagged compared to an inky tool.
To each their own, but I don't think pencil looks bad at all (I've always been fond of the roughness of sketch art) but one practical thing that inking or darkening at least the outlines will do is make it easier to clean the edges for transparency effects, if you're planning on layering art or sprites.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: February 20, 2017, 08:13:22 pm »

I've found that either way, cutting the pieces out into a transparent sprite sheet is pretty tedious manual work. Even inked drawings might have little microscopic color variations that mean you can't just use the magic wand to select and cut all the white, and have to get in there with the erase tool.

It's not that bad though, nowhere near as bad as trying to do the same thing with a photo. That's an exercise in pain.

You can actually see a little bit of white glow around the lander's leg and the soldier's shoe where they're on top of background elements, but at actual game size (inside a browser window) there's no way you'd be able to see that without squinting.

Thank you for the feedback everyone! I might try a little test with an inked drawing next.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:21:58 pm by itisnotlogical »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8233 on: February 20, 2017, 08:29:05 pm »

O boy, cutting out paper drawings digitally. I elegantly solve that problem by not doing it. :v

In other news, i shall first provide a tiny tidbit of context for the following drawing: I don't know if any of you remember Swordsnake, but long story short, he's a really nice guy who's pretty difficult to anger. I have, however, always envisioned him having a NASTY death glare, which would only come out when someone has well and truly crossed the line and proven to him that their continued existence is naught but a detriment to the world. I'm attempting to draw this death glare of his, though i don't think i could ever make it as scary as it's supposed to be.

Spoiler: however... (click to show/hide)

That's the kind of look you'd get AFTER the point of no return. The lines are messy as fuck, but the fact that i'm having a hard time staring him down to work on it is promising. I might have to colour him to get the full effect, though. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8234 on: February 21, 2017, 01:42:57 pm »

It's slightly peculiar how much I'm enjoying just painting shiny metal.

Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 846