Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325759 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #3075 on: September 19, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »

It looks like the throat of a toothy sea monster.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: September 19, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »

I'm entering a contest, and I need a number of 3d spaceship models (fighter/bomber class)... I've made one so far, and I'm looking for suggestions on how I could improve it (without going crazy with detail - I'm thinking body shape/coloration/etc).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing fancy... I don't want to be texturing decals or anything on just yet - the ship is going to be seen from a distance anyway. I'm just looking for suggestions on the shape and coloration.
It looks rather boxy and reminds me of 3d renders from the very first Command & Conquer.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: September 19, 2014, 04:18:17 pm »

Talvieno: I don't know what to classify that as. It looks like a lower tech design. It looks fairly heavily armored, but with minimal maneuverability. Perhaps a long-ranged missile interceptor - if the cockpit had room for walking back and a basic living area. Are the red stripes missile hardpoints? I would expect such a craft to have more space dedicated to weapons.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #3078 on: September 19, 2014, 04:20:13 pm »

Some stuff I randomly made during class:

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: September 19, 2014, 05:02:42 pm »

Tron lines? Tron lines can be good, though you'd have to mess with glowmaps.
Glow maps are easy - the software I'm using lets you just put in that it's an illuminating surface and it'll glow like a light source, with self-illumination built in. I don't think it quite matches what I'm doing, though.

It looks rather boxy and reminds me of 3d renders from the very first Command & Conquer.
Ack. Okay, thanks for the input... wouldn't suppose you have any suggestions on how to fix it? :P It's going to be seen from fairly far-off, but if you get it looking good close-up, it generally looks good from far away too. Usually.

Talvieno: I don't know what to classify that as. It looks like a lower tech design. It looks fairly heavily armored, but with minimal maneuverability. Perhaps a long-ranged missile interceptor - if the cockpit had room for walking back and a basic living area. Are the red stripes missile hardpoints? I would expect such a craft to have more space dedicated to weapons.
I was thinking missile hardpoints, yeah... something like a heavy bomber type thing. I was definitely aiming at lower tech (if you're meaning cheaper to manufacture)... I'm going to be blowing a couple of them up. :P The red stripes are supposed to be missile hardpoints. The guns (and other missile hardpoints) are protected beneath the wing so as to be less of a target... Or at least so that you could put the armor between the enemy and your ammo caches.

The idea was a ship designed to go deep into a dangerous location (such as bombing a capital ship) and still have enough armor left to shoot off the missiles and get out - no fancy tactics or anything.

Also to be viewed from a decent distance so nobody could quite tell that it looked like carp. :P Like I said, on a tight time limit so I only have several hours to work on each of these.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:29:02 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: September 19, 2014, 05:08:09 pm »

More WIP. Messed with gradients on the strokes and outer glows, though not sure if the new glows are an improvement. Illustrator seems to be wanting to have all glows show up as white for some reason.

Does it need a background? More tentacles? More glowy bits?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3081 on: September 19, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »

There needs to be a lot more going on in the image for symmetrical art to be interesting. The chest and face are really sick but the rest of it doesn't really live up.

The tentacle things overlap with the hand in a way that confuses the perceived depth of it. The way both the knees are turned outwards is also really awkward. If it were me, I'd put something cool and swirly in the background, and possibly crop out the legs at least up to the knees.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: September 19, 2014, 10:00:07 pm »

The tentacles are supposed to be coming out of the palms, but it does seem like they're coming out of the side of the hand. I take it that's a yes on the "needs more glowy bits"?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3083 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »

The tentacles are supposed to be coming out of the palms, but it does seem like they're coming out of the side of the hand.

I take it that's a yes on the "needs more glowy bits"?
Yes, that was the impression I got.

I dunno. I like how shadowy the rest of his body is, but there's just so much empty space.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:49:14 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3084 on: September 20, 2014, 04:45:58 am »

More details could make it interesting, and even better if everything has a purpose for existing. Bonus points for interesting stories behind the parts, such as a reason they're designed that way (Law, circumstance, human error, jury rigging, tradition).

Spoiler: Wall of Ideas (click to show/hide)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3085 on: September 20, 2014, 08:34:39 am »

Zalgan is a cyborg helicopter pilot, which I made for Zanzetkuken's game Colonial Defense. I did him up in about hour early this morning. Line work was cheap, most of my time was spent getting the colors to work how I wanted them to. After that I spent about another 30-40 minutes shifting things around, adding more lines, changing colors. Pictured above is the finished product, but he went through a few other iterations until I was satisfied.

Spoiler: Original (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Revision (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:36:59 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: September 20, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS

has taken way too much time

KIND OF happy with it? Should've used a smaller brush for the dark crystal outlines. Also shouldn't have sprinkled it with those small dots. Oh well, it's supposed to be a background for my in-progress personal website, where the websitey part obscures the middle of it, anyways. :U
PRAISE SHAI-HULUD!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3087 on: September 20, 2014, 08:20:37 pm »

is this some crystal sarlacc deity i don't know of?

:v

also today i drew what is probably the most psychotic dinosaur expression i have ever made

Oddly enough, 90% of the creepiness comes from the tiny pupils. Also, if this isn't creepy enough, i'll have to stop being subtle. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: September 20, 2014, 08:40:29 pm »

Is this something that goes here?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: September 20, 2014, 08:52:33 pm »

Is this something that goes here?

Yes.

Spoiler: Robot time! (click to show/hide)
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 846