Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1326813 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2835 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:46 pm »

Double symetry + multibrush + Krita's fill brush = weird but cool stuff.
Cool to the point where I saw some things I just wanted to make into a seperate picture (a mask/face, a Steampunk-ish robot and a floating tank)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...And now I realize that they're the same shape, pretty much. So yay, transforming mechs!

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: August 13, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »

Double symetry + multibrush + Krita's fill brush = weird but cool stuff.
Cool to the point where I saw some things I just wanted to make into a seperate picture (a mask/face, a Steampunk-ish robot and a floating tank)

...And now I realize that they're the same shape, pretty much. So yay, transforming mechs!
Heh, this kinda reminds me of how back in primary school how we would cut snowflakes out of paper to hang up in the classroom.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:09 pm »

-
The first bone on the middle finger is too long. It should only be slightly longer than the first bone on the index finger.
Good job, though. Hands are a pain to draw.

Ta_veren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 16, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

A friend of mine recently encouraged me to start drawing again. Hadn't done much in a really long time. Here's one of the first after a break for quite a few years.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2839 on: August 16, 2014, 01:59:26 pm »

that

that is hella good

Backside is a bit chubby, but my goodness it is plainly obvious that you have a LOT of experience with this pre-hiatus. Here's hoping you'll be drawing more! :D

In other news, i have finally found out a LOGO that i think represents me and my stuff pretty darned well.

A FISH

WITH A TOP HAT
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: August 16, 2014, 02:42:44 pm »

that

that is hella good

Backside is a bit chubby, but my goodness it is plainly obvious that you have a LOT of experience with this pre-hiatus. Here's hoping you'll be drawing more! :D

In other news, i have finally found out a LOGO that i think represents me and my stuff pretty darned well.

A FISH

WITH A TOP HAT
berry grud

berry berry grud

I changed a walrus's wiht gimp. It isn't much, and it was fairly easy, but I have a new desktop background.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »

Heh. My desktop picture is my very first dwarf fortress. Not a picture of it in its prime, no siree, this was when the goblins got through what I thought was a bin but was actually a stair, and tore all my dwarves to pieces.

It has about as much purple as that walrus.

A beautiful, lovely miasma purple.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: August 16, 2014, 02:56:21 pm »

My first decent fortress (that is, one where I didn't ragequit at the huge 140+ population rise) is still going.

We're being sieged by a force of 72.

My background (once I figure out how to get Nitrogen to start up with the computer) is a black screen wtih "Welcome back, commander" in monospaced font written on it, to make it feel yet more sci-fi than it already does. (My terminal has Matrix-green text!)

In other news, I had the sudden urge to make a not-shitty webcomic, so expect some kind of hopefully decent image of the main character.

EDIT: Alright, there. Designed the main character, Jeffrey Ruben.

Note that I intend to draw the entire comic in that sort of format. I didn't say that the ART couldn't be shitty, right? :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:43:16 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 16, 2014, 03:48:40 pm »

My first decent fortress (that is, one where I didn't ragequit at the huge 140+ population rise) is still going.

We're being sieged by a force of 72.

My background (once I figure out how to get Nitrogen to start up with the computer) is a black screen wtih "Welcome back, commander" in monospaced font written on it, to make it feel yet more sci-fi than it already does. (My terminal has Matrix-green text!)

In other news, I had the sudden urge to make a not-shitty webcomic, so expect some kind of hopefully decent image of the main character.

EDIT: Alright, there. Designed the main character, Jeffrey Ruben.

Note that I intend to draw the entire comic in that sort of format. I didn't say that the ART couldn't be shitty, right? :P
Looks nice.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: August 16, 2014, 06:50:33 pm »

*snippy fishy*
berry grud

berry berry grud

I changed a walrus's wiht gimp. It isn't much, and it was fairly easy, but I have a new desktop background.
no way. I used that same image for reference when I was first trying out digital painting a year or two ago.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: August 16, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

*snippy fishy*
berry grud

berry berry grud

no way. I used that same image for reference when I was first trying out digital painting a year or two ago.
It's... glorious.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: August 16, 2014, 10:58:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:03:12 am by BlackFlyme »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2847 on: August 16, 2014, 11:36:56 pm »

I tried to make a skeleton looking thing for Dwarf Fortress. I guess.

Kind of hard to make sprites with limited space. Or at least, I'm not good at it. This one is only 18x18 pixels.

Still can't find any pencils at home.
Sprites can get pretty small.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 17, 2014, 12:02:36 am »

Right. My sprite there is a bit larger than most other sprites used in the game, even. I'm even worse at large sprites, so I don't know why I said that.

Never mind. Ignore me.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: August 17, 2014, 04:50:41 am »

Yeah, I sort of half-assed most of the hand since I don't really know how to draw them. Speed sketching is usually my approach to drawing things I see.

On the topic of speed sketching here's a globe. It's larger than life since I'm drawing it from a distance, so I didn't bother with making the land edges accurate.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 846