Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 751223 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread - It's Over
« Reply #9720 on: November 21, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »

He's not young so much as he looks young. Young for a President would be late 30's, Obama is 51.

My god, is he honestly 51? I would never have thought it. I thought he was in his mid to late 40s.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: November 21, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »

"Late 40's" isn't much younger than 51. Maybe there's a perceptual difference, e.g. how we view someone in their "late 30's" as different to someone who's 40.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: November 21, 2012, 04:45:27 pm »

He was, when he was elected in 2008.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: November 21, 2012, 04:52:21 pm »

"Late 40's" isn't much younger than 51. Maybe there's a perceptual difference, e.g. how we view someone in their "late 30's" as different to someone who's 40.

Mid-to-late 40s in my mind was something like 46 or 47. Of course, with 4 years he'd be 51. Still, I say that's pretty young for a president, isn't it?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: November 21, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »

According to Wikipedia the youngest at inauguration table goes Theodore Roosevelt, JFK, Clinton, Ulysses S. Grant, Barack Obama.  Quite an interesting table (Reagan was the oldest, so please keep electing younger ones, tia).

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: November 21, 2012, 06:20:54 pm »

No.

Ron Paul 2016

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: November 21, 2012, 06:35:31 pm »

Obama is almost exactly two months younger than my mother.

That's how I keep track of his age.

He does look young, yes. But he also looks a lot more than four years older than in 2008... he's got a stressful job, after all.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: November 21, 2012, 06:40:12 pm »

No.

Ron Paul 2016

What do you think Ron Paul's chances are of winning the next republican nomination? What kind of opposition do you think the republicans will have up their sleeve in 2015/16

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: November 21, 2012, 06:43:30 pm »

No.

Ron Paul 2016

What do you think Ron Paul's chances are of winning the next republican nomination? What kind of opposition do you think the republicans will have up their sleeve in 2015/16

You know they'll nominate Rubio for either president or VP; they've seen how screwed they are with Hispanics, and their best hope for a quick fix is to nominate one.

You'll notice how many black people voted for Obama. While most are Democrats to begin with, having a candidate of their ethnicity/race encouraged the undecided ones to split in his favor. I believe that, coupled with more-open immigration policies, the Republicans could recapture Hispanica with "one of them" running.

I don't know about the other one.

The Democrats will probably go for Clinton. A pity too, since she sucks. In fact, I should assemble a Super PAC to repeal the 22nd amendment, so Obama can be re-elected.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:48:23 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: November 21, 2012, 06:54:12 pm »

The Democrats will probably go for Clinton. A pity too, since she sucks. In fact, I should assemble a Super PAC to repeal the 22nd amendment, so Obama can be re-elected.
It's funny, because before the first debate and the total acceptance of "biased polls FEVER." there were many republicans saying how the only thing keeping Obama from winning a third amendment with this weak republican ticket is that amendmant.

Never going to get it through considering that. You'd have to nuke half of america to get it passed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: November 21, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »

It's funny, because before the first debate and the total acceptance of "biased polls FEVER." there were many republicans saying how the only thing keeping Obama from winning a third amendment with this weak republican ticket is that amendmant.

Never going to get it through considering that. You'd have to nuke half of america to get it passed.

Without that pesky amendment, Obama would basically become dictator-for-life at this rate.

On the other hand, without it, we'd have two decades of Reagan, too...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: November 21, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »

RON PAUL 2000+4N WHERE N IS A POSITIVE INTEGER

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: November 21, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »

RON PAUL 2000+4N WHERE N IS A POSITIVE INTEGER

+1

To make a cruel joke about the man, I made a picture of a pickup truck with a bag of gold in the back and had a series of bumper stickers plastered over one another, but crudely so the numbers were still visible.

"RON PAUL 2000"
"RON PAUL 2004"
"RON PAUL 2008"
"RON PAUL 2012"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: November 21, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »

Got one that parks in my parking lot, actually. 12 sticker proudly placed underneath the 08 one, with a pro-gun sticker and a libertarian one on the other side of the tailgate.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »

Yeah, the Paulites view his persistence as an admirable proof of unyielding determination, not a sign of inevitable failure.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 714