Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 752199 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8640 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:55 am »

So, Who knows any Arch-Conservative websites for me to watch frothing angry people?
Plllleeeeeaaaaseee?
Oh god please yes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: November 07, 2012, 02:16:26 am »

have you guys checked conservopedia? (I would, but I have an allergy to rampant stupidity)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19:13 am »

Oh, and by the way. I would like to be the first one here to welcome the 51st state to the Union. Hello Puerto Rico!

WHAT?!
http://www.ceepur.org/REYDI_NocheDelEvento/index.html#en/default/OPCIONES_NO_TERRITORIALES_ISLA.xml
From 2012-2015:

-Puerto Rico, having voted by referendum to petition for statehood, but only just barely, is at some point from 2012-2015 accepted by Congress as the 51st state. The US has to change the flag again.
I don't know if I see Puerto Rico ever becoming a US state. The majority still oppose statehood by about a 60/40 margin
Uh, no they don't. It hasn't been 60/40 for almost half a century, and last time, in 1998, it just barely avoided getting a majority for statehood.

O RLY? (or should I say żO RLMENTE?)
It is genuinely odd how much that doesn't match the election trends. I guess we'll see for sure come November.
OH

OH

WHO FUCKING CALLED IT?

I FUCKING CALLED IT!

SUCK IT REDKING, I BEAT YOU AT GEOPOLITICS!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: November 07, 2012, 02:24:37 am »

Conservapedia has decided to go for the following explanation: The Republican Party: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, with a link to World Nut Daily.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: November 07, 2012, 02:27:07 am »

So, I really want to post one last synopsis before I close out for the night, but Florida hasn't been called yet.  Don't worry, I'm not going to lock the thread or anything, but a close-down would be very fulfilling.

I want to thank everyone for sticking around, even the unpopular folks, because it's just great to see people interested.  Likewise, my apology for launching a thread and then kinda abandoning it towards the end of the primaries, but I've had quite a year myself that got in the way of pseudo-blogging.  But yeah, I'm glad to see people having a great time, so thanks for being around folks.

And now, to come up with some appropriately smarmy close out to put the OP to bed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: November 07, 2012, 02:29:27 am »

Conservapedia. This site makes me want to do a repeat of Sherman's March to the Sea. >:(
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: November 07, 2012, 02:30:18 am »

So, I really want to post one last synopsis before I close out for the night, but Florida hasn't been called yet.  Don't worry, I'm not going to lock the thread or anything, but a close-down would be very fulfilling.

I want to thank everyone for sticking around, even the unpopular folks, because it's just great to see people interested.  Likewise, my apology for launching a thread and then kinda abandoning it towards the end of the primaries, but I've had quite a year myself that got in the way of pseudo-blogging.  But yeah, I'm glad to see people having a great time, so thanks for being around folks.

And now, to come up with some appropriately smarmy close out to put the OP to bed.

You gonna run the 2016 thread, guv?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: November 07, 2012, 02:32:50 am »

You gonna run the 2016 thread, guv?

Well, if any of us are still here in three years, you know who to call.

I probably would have said something like that in 2008, so who knows.  Christ I feel old all of a sudden.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: November 07, 2012, 02:36:36 am »

Welp, this was a fun thread to watch.

No rep's calling voting shenanigans?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:38 am »

There's no point. Even if they could turn one, Obama won by a huge margin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:42 am »

I vote we have this stickied for posterity. It was gold.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #8652 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:56 am »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: November 07, 2012, 02:39:08 am »

I think this calls for a quote from the Good Book:

"1 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. 2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter." -James 5:1

I don't think St.James intended this passage as a roadmap for the ideal tax-plan, but that's what I like to think of it as; That's what I think it should be used for.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: November 07, 2012, 02:39:30 am »

Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 714