Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 751389 times)

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1125 on: January 22, 2012, 10:48:08 pm »

While we're on the image spam;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 23, 2012, 02:31:31 pm »

What. A. Man. Bitch.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 23, 2012, 03:02:46 pm »

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/ron-paul-was-implicated-in-attempted-white-supremacist-island-invasion/

I think this one is a bit more damning.

Wow, however much you hate them, you have to give the KKK credit for thinking big: 'what are we gunna do today Bubba?'  'Overthrow a small country for the glory of the white man Jimbob'

Sidenote:  Anybody willing to put their stones on the block and take a stab at who is going to win?  (The whole election, not just the republican side)
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 23, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/ron-paul-made-south-was-right-civil-war-speech-with-confederate-flag/?fb_ref=post

Wow Grand Wizard Doctor Paul. Just WOW.

After posting this on my Facebook I have a rabid Ron Paul supporter linking me to his PR department's videos screaming that "HE'S NOT RACIST!!"

And apparently I take all of my facts from MSNBC. Hah, typical Paulian.

Sidenote:  Anybody willing to put their stones on the block and take a stab at who is going to win?  (The whole election, not just the republican side)

Obama.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 23, 2012, 03:16:17 pm »

S'felt like the general consensus here is that Obama's probably going to take another four years, mostly because the republican candidates are utterly destroying themselves/are near-complete filth of one sort or another.

Hell, I can almost see support for the theory that the republican party has intentionally sabotaged their chances at getting a president in. Maybe they think they'll have a better chance getting legislature through under Obama than they would with (probably) better than half the voting constituency up in arms about whichever madman that wins the republican primary managing presidency.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be a lot less alert with Obama in power again than if one the current candidates managed it, really. It sorta' makes sense.

Though, of course, beware attributing malignancy to what can be attributed to incompetence, and all that. Most of the upper half or so of America's wealth bracket seems to be pretty damned disconnected with the lower half (Which makes up a majority of the population, iirc.), so maybe they really are that blind. Eh. We'll see how things go, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 23, 2012, 03:20:58 pm »

Indeed. I also think Obama is going to win. The Republican know they would have a very hard time of it, and even if they did win then they would have full control, and at this point they seem to be basing themselves on fucking everything up so they can blame the Democrats. (Not that the Democrats are a heck of a lot better) So if they actually did manage to take power then they could no longer do that. I am expecting another four years of fuck witlessness followed by them putting up some actual candidates.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 23, 2012, 03:27:12 pm »

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/ron-paul-made-south-was-right-civil-war-speech-with-confederate-flag/?fb_ref=post

Wow Grand Wizard Doctor Paul. Just WOW.

After posting this on my Facebook I have a rabid Ron Paul supporter linking me to his PR department's videos screaming that "HE'S NOT RACIST!!"
You realize there's only one appropriate response.

Obama.
Ditto. I feel like the GOP doesn't really want to win, because seriously....who the fuck wants to inherit the hot mess that is America? Even Obama is asking that.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 23, 2012, 03:38:08 pm »

The sad thing is it took me a few minutes to notice
E: Something, damnit, not someone. I really need to eat something.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:49:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1135 on: January 23, 2012, 03:39:53 pm »

I am absolutely terrified that Obama won't win.

I am also incredibly annoyed there isn't someone more effective or liberal than Obama that has a chance of winning.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 23, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »

I'm putting my money on Obama, because all the Republicans are either completely charismaless or unsellable to the swing voters.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 23, 2012, 03:41:59 pm »

Wow, however much you hate them, you have to give the KKK credit for thinking big: 'what are we gunna do today Bubba?'  'Overthrow a small country for the glory of the white man Jimbob'

There's actually a fair amount of history behind this idea. Go Google "Knights of the Golden Circle." It's been a Southern fantasy since before the Civil War to conquer all the island chains and Cuba. There's even a legend of buried treasure, thrown in there for good measure.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:07 pm »

You realize there's only one appropriate response.

Why do you think it's racist today but were backing up the "states rights" side of things yesterday?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 23, 2012, 04:05:19 pm »

I'm not seeing the potential contradiction? What do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 714