Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74

Author Topic: Re: Luigi Quest: TAKEOVER BY THE FFSCC! Create a new game! See last page  (Read 125999 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi Quest: TAKEOVER BY THE FFSCC! Create a new game!
« Reply #1050 on: July 25, 2013, 12:18:12 am »

Out of curiosity, do you have some fairly well-defined archetypes or roles for that, or does it tend to be a more fluid thing?

For example, is "Buffer" or "Support" a role-thingy you keep in mind, or does someone just say they wanna be a priest and you start working out how they could be uniquely useful to their team?

Generally, the reason I ask for people two define their class in two words or two ability paths or two whatevers is so that each person has the opportunity to fill two roles competently. You'll see the standard stuff like:

Buffing
Debuffing
Healing
Status effects
Ranged damage
Non-ranged damage
Elemental rock paper scissors

But you'll also see other things depending on the game. Some I like to bring into any game are:

Movement/range abuse
Specific types of crafting
Information (IDing stuff, getting info out of enemies)
Enchanting/upgrading existing items

So when someone says they want to be a Fire Priest, I like to offer them a slew of ability options that are catered to two roles that class might imply.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 25, 2013, 12:25:53 am »

So classes in this will look somewhat like classes in Warrens, then?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 25, 2013, 12:27:04 am »

So classes in this will look somewhat like classes in Warrens, then?

Well, I was doing it before Warrens, but probably so just because it's easy and familiar.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 25, 2013, 12:38:57 am »

So when someone says they want to be a Fire Priest, I like to offer them a slew of ability options that are catered to two roles that class might imply.
Neat!

...of course now I might be tempted to try to game the system instead of just throwing out whatever and seeing what happens.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 25, 2013, 12:54:15 am »

I would probably do it like I did in MKW, though, and ask you to give a class description if we went that way.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 25, 2013, 01:03:06 am »

How will stats work? Will it just be HP/MP, or will there be things like Agility, Fortitude, etc. too?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 25, 2013, 02:37:51 am »

When you say all your old games, is that including you must accelerate? :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 25, 2013, 08:18:20 am »

How will stats work? Will it just be HP/MP, or will there be things like Agility, Fortitude, etc. too?

Undecided. I don't even know what kind of off-ship game mechanics we'll be looking at yet.

When you say all your old games, is that including you must accelerate? :P

Oh God.

And I don't just mean mine, either. As you can see from the picture there, it will probably be knockoff worlds from other video games and forum games, too. Each mission should be fairly small on its own with only a finite number of areas to explore.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 25, 2013, 08:23:05 am »

it will probably be knockoff worlds from other video games and forum games, too.

important question

are we to expect you to run around grabbing the most notorious games or will you also snatch up stuff nobody ever heard about and laugh as the absurd world mechanics wreck shit like an armed grenade thrown into an ammo dump i made a few shitty games myself and abandoned them when i grew bored of them so you know

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

important question

are we to expect you to run around grabbing the most notorious games or will you also snatch up stuff nobody ever heard about and laugh as the absurd world mechanics wreck shit like an armed grenade thrown into an ammo dump i made a few shitty games myself and abandoned them when i grew bored of them so you know

Nah, there probably wouldn't be very much from the forum because I haven't played much from the forum.

You can totally expect some of the most obscure horseshit from video games, though. I'm talking Cocoron level stuff here.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi Quest: TAKEOVER BY THE FFSCC! Create a new game! See last page
« Reply #1061 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:10 am »

...Will FEF show up, mayhaps?

Who knows? I'm thinking of having a Kingdom Hearts type deal where you get one of the heroes from each game world to join you for the duration of the mission.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 25, 2013, 09:16:42 am »

...Will FEF show up, mayhaps?

Who knows? I'm thinking of having a Kingdom Hearts type deal where you get one of the heroes from each game world to join you for the duration of the mission.

Way cool.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 25, 2013, 09:17:55 am »

I really want to play this game because I already have a character that will be funny enough to work... And he may eat people. Because that's how I roll.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 25, 2013, 09:35:18 am »

I really want to play this game because I already have a character that will be funny enough to work... And he may eat people. Because that's how I roll.
No! Not the anthropomorphic pink puffball, noooooo *gets swallowed

Anyway, I think that if I'm ever able to get in, I will roll a waddle dee. Yes, I don't have one as my avatar because I don't like them.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74