Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840137 times)

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9885 on: March 13, 2013, 10:43:14 am »

The answer to your puzzlement is shrines of armok, meph.

I have been trying mainly prayer based forts for my last 2-3 forts, and praying for booze (or sacrificing meat? Can't remember) has a chance to give you tears.

Now, praying for booze is actually quite inefficient, I prefer to sacrifice meat. But I wad in crysis mode that season.

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: March 13, 2013, 11:23:21 am »

afaik scrolls are stored as tool, there are empty entries in the stone(?) material list, one of them is the material papyrus/vellum/paper is made from
Ah, thanks.  I figured out they were tools, but I couldn't figure out what material they were made out of to restrict the stockpile further.  The blank entries worked.

jugs are stored as tools as well, independent of their content it seems
I'm not so sure about that.  My ink is getting stored in my Food stockpile, inside of a "Finished Goods" bin.  I assume the bin is named Finished Goods because of the jugs, but Finished Goods aren't permitted in my Food stockpile.

McGrog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:08 pm »

Ink is stored as "Lye" for some reason. I have a Food stockpile set to accept only Lye, and take only from the scriptoriums, and allowed no barrels. All my jugs of ink end up there.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: March 14, 2013, 01:14:02 am »

OK, I have a crazy-town bug going on.  I think it is associated with MW v2g+ since I haven't seen it on prior versions.
Twice now, I have started digging out my fort, only to suddenly have all the dug out area get "filled in". 

Technically, not all of it gets filled back in, there are some blank spaces here and there.  It's obviously rough on the occupants though.

I have been embarking on a Joyous Wilds.  I use DFHack reveal to look for a good spot and then unreveal.  I'm using Fastdwarf 1 to hurry things up.

I don't know if any of that is relevant.  The whole thing is strange and not something I've seen before.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: March 14, 2013, 01:49:41 am »

unreveal unreveals all that reveal reveals, even if the revealed area is dug out or occupied. Use revflood to fix it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: March 14, 2013, 07:51:27 am »

unreveal unreveals all that reveal reveals, even if the revealed...

WHAT?? :P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:26 am »

I came here only to say that Masterwork mod is awesome and everyone should play it. Especially I love ability to choose what things from the mod player wants to use.

Stargazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:15 am »

I'm having difficulty with some of the armor and weapons. I'm trying to equip my soldiers in rigid shellplate, but am not really sure what that falls under. Foreign plate? Hardened leather? The uniform screen just has an absolute crap ton of different armors and I have no idea what this one counts as. x.x

Also, when creating the rigid type armors from the new Tailor workshop, if I select a set of rigid shellplate, for example, the tailor also grabs scales and chitin. I thought scaleplate and chitinplate had their own specific armor sets? Why is he making a mix-match of stuff?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:24 am »

to the first part of your question, rigid shellplate is a material, not an item.  I think you are looking for the ordinary domestic item "suit of leather armor" (ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER) made out of the material "rigid shellplate".

about the reaction, I don't know.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: March 14, 2013, 11:54:02 am »

The [LEATHER] and [ITEMS_LEATHER] tags are missing from the [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_SHELL_HEAVY] in material_template_masterwork.txt file.

Once you add them in (it's the last one in the file), you should be able to specify that someone use Rigid Shellplate armor for their equipment.

I had no troubles making this change in an existing save game.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »

it's not the reveal/unreveal thing that is bothering me...
it's the "suddenly all the rock I dug out is magically back and everybody in my fort is encased in stone" part of things.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: March 14, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »

it's not the reveal/unreveal thing that is bothering me...
it's the "suddenly all the rock I dug out is magically back and everybody in my fort is encased in stone" part of things.

...what?

You sure about that? Use revflood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9897 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:03 pm »

Putnam, I totally modded that in to mess with people. Trust me, its the ENCASE_STONE tag in inorganics.

@Billy Jack: Thanks, I will add it next release.

@Stargazer: Its a material, not an item type. Try specific armor, and then just pick it from a list. Thats way easier. I will test the tailor in the meantime.

@Matoro: Thanks. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: March 14, 2013, 12:31:47 pm »

im having a problem downloading the mod, it just fails and restart i suspect the culprit is my ISP.
is there a torrent i might be able to use?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: March 14, 2013, 12:46:17 pm »

Putnam, I totally modded that in to mess with people. Trust me, its the ENCASE_STONE tag in inorganics.

Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 749