Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838133 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8295 on: January 08, 2013, 07:09:56 pm »

What are you thinking of even doing with Chemistry?  I have had trouble brainstorming enough ideas.  From the era represented in game, I think mostly of improved smelting (which dwarves already do very efficiently), or stained glass (redundant with gem windows).  ... Medicine, I suppose, but don't know an elegant way to implement it.  Extracting reagents from plants?... but we already do poisons and potash and dye without a dedicated chemist.

I was thinking of crafting these
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery
(reagents something like: clay, copper flask, iron bar, booze, fuel)

and using them to power ... well... I don't know!  special workshops? reagent for heavy weapons? electroplating to turn terracotta statues into gold statues?

If you're thinking about a plastics industry there is synthetic chemistry mod called "DF Synthetics.0.31" which is pretty cool :)  I talked to author a while ago about whether it was OK to incorporate into other mods, but it turned out to be a little more realistic/modern/complex than i wanted, and not totally finished I think.  On the other hand, she has a recipe for Kevlar :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:19:52 pm by smakemupagus »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: January 08, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »

I also have a much more feature-rich mod that does many of the same things in my sig, the science mod. As with all of my mods, it's free to copy from with credit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8297 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »

I thought of going the mystical, unrealistic route for Alchemy. Philosophers Stone, transmutations, elixier of life, orichalcum... all the stuff that does not work in RL. For chemistry I was thinking of making existing indurstries harder, for example the advanced metals or rust removal. Will still keep it for explosives of course. Adding acids for the toxicist, and an ingredient for acid landmines and turrets...  I know the synthetics mod, I like the idea, but its way, way too high-tech. Making PVC and kevlar is more deons post-apocalypse...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: January 08, 2013, 07:47:18 pm »

@Putnam, the nanomachine swarm weather is pretty brilliant :D

@Meph, good, so when the Orcs have galvanic battery powered grenade throwers it won't be redundant with your workshop :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:49:52 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8299 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:27 pm »

galvanic battery powered grenade throwers

What the... I dont even...  :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: January 08, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

galvanic battery powered grenade throwers

What the... I dont even...  :D

... says the guy implementing the Philosopher's Stone  8)
... Hey, if you have an accurate reagents list for orcish grenade throwers I'm happy to have a look

Oh, serious question real quick -- There's no coarse iron anymore, right, the ore goes straight to iron?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:19:59 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8301 on: January 08, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »

Yes. It has to do with difficult GUI stuff, so I took it out. People turned it off, then switched tilesets, and part of it turned back on, because changing the tileset replaces the inorganic files, but not the entity file. People could end up with coarse iron, and no reaction to refine it. (the same happens atm with the slag. you turn slag off, change tileset, and you have slag without being able to get rid of it)

Shardey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:56 pm »

I'm sure I'm just being stupid, but I can't find a way to use papyrus. I can create it just fine ( I have tons ), but my scriptoriums are just plain ignoring it, demanding vellums or paper instead ( both of those seem to work okay ).

How do you use it, do I have to create something else first?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: January 09, 2013, 12:53:46 am »

It might be a typo, looks like papyrus produce an [INORGANIC:BLANK] instead of an [INORGANIC:BLANK_LIBRARY]

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:34 am »

@fairin: Kobolds are bonecarn and need at least one meat-item in each prepared meal. Read the readme ^^

i cant read!

update. no sand layer on my volcano but theres clay.. kobolds cant glaze pots to make them hold beer..>> Reading the readme first on this <<

dwarves and elves remark about my remarkable craftsdwarfship. (clicked on evil humans / elves / drow, no good drow) dwarves still traded with me. humans elves dwarves all came knockin on my door... w/wagons full of large clothing and bought all my slag for their mithril/meteroite/actual weapons.... stupid pointy sticks....

and i want to kick some goblin ambushes in the face for killn my kobold traders for 2 years... (i don't think they bring guards and spawned and died right on the map edge with the ambush.. there was no savin that)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:27:32 am by Fairin »

Shardey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: January 09, 2013, 01:59:12 am »

The armory reactions also have a little typo. There are two reactions with the shortcut 's': Make plateboots and make steel armor set. Using the shortcut activates the first one, plateboots.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8306 on: January 09, 2013, 03:02:12 am »

The papyrus is indeed using the wrong material.

@shardey: if you look closely, many many hotkeys in buildings are off. They are a pain to do. Sometimes I think I should just name them ab, then b, then c and to on... instead of trying to find a fitting letter.

Shardey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:03 am »

Glad to hear I'm not crazy about the papyrus. That way I feel like I contributed!

And yeah I imagine they are a pain. Many of the hotkeys are strenuously 'fitting' anyway so it might be reasonable to implement a 'a-z, A-Z' approach anyway. At least for the buildings with more than one page of reactions.

Thank you for the great mod, by the way. I really enjoy it.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: January 09, 2013, 07:27:45 am »

Should the mining picks have an edge?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kääpiö

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: January 09, 2013, 08:05:17 am »

My Masterwork doesn't want to generate me Icy Myr. So far it has rejected about 150 regions, and after about every 40 it pops a message saying something about being unable to place farming civilizations. When I press "Allow this", it goes on for another 40 and pops the message again. Why is this, and how can I fix it?
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 749