Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836034 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #6990 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »

Yeah, vanilla entities, they have tons of stuff... and 3 years without siege is normal, but I guess you havent played with vanilla entities a while ;)

Work is progressing, got a few reports, the C++ code might be aviable on github any time soon (for the custom dfhack), mechanixm has worked on the reactions to add missing stuff or add nice little details and balancing here and there, and socrates has added more content to the manual. I have ported more creatures from the old mod, and will start with find and replace tomorrow. Work is slowly progressing ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: September 24, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »

Well, I found out what Blessings of Armok do. Fastest I've ever seen a dwarf move, mine, or do anything in general.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6992 on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »

Yep, speed mining :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: September 25, 2012, 02:07:21 am »

Castes shouldn't be included for the first 7 dwarves (the starting ones). I had a noble dwarf become a legionary and my woodworker one became a noble caste -.- maybe you could choose which caste you would want your dwarves to be in for points? (autocastes maybe?) At least don't have caste for the first 7, it annoys me when i have to re-embark and hope i dont get bad castes
Signature Is Here.

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:08 am »

You can start dwarf therapist during embark so you can see the castes. I think that there is no way to choose them anyway.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: September 25, 2012, 03:10:42 am »

@purgatory:  I don't think that change is accessable through modding, but you can view the dwarves description on the embark loadout screen (press "v" i think) and so give them skills that match their caste without re-embarking.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: September 25, 2012, 05:03:35 am »

Castes are awesome at embark! Started with an armourer caste and legion dwarf in my embark, armourer is immediately a legendary armourer if you give him the skill in addition to his caste boost. And yes you just need to press v over the dwarf's name at the embark screen to see his description.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: September 25, 2012, 07:03:29 am »

All of the "Talented X" and most of the "Y Savants" have their uses.  The only truly worthless caste is the Animal Savant, who gets bonuses to the awesomely useless skills of Animal Training, Caretaking and Trapping and a -50% penalty to learning everything else.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: September 25, 2012, 09:59:58 am »

Yep, speed mining :)

Another odd thing:

All of my dwarfes suddenly jumped to "insane speed".... in fact, the whole game suddenly became faster, but the fps stayed the same..... Hidden secret or something different?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6999 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:34 am »

Used any altars/temples lately ? "Pray for the blessing of speed" ?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: September 25, 2012, 10:30:51 am »

nope

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7001 on: September 25, 2012, 11:05:25 am »

In that case I have to talk to expwnend. Any dwarves with the word "fast" in the fort ? ^^ I mean that seriously. The keyword for the script is "fast" he didnt change it to "blessing of speed" yet. ^^

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: September 25, 2012, 11:53:43 am »

errr... lets have a look....

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: September 25, 2012, 12:07:24 pm »

Dunno if this is related to Firehawk's problem, but I've noticed in older versions that strange stuff sometimes gets sent to the DFHack terminal.  e.g.
When you use hotkeys (F1, F2, etc.), it sends the "name" property,

So if you set a hotkey with
(H) (F1) (z) (n) MainGate

The in the future when you press F1 to zoom to you main gate, you also get
> MainGate

entered at the DFHack terminal.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7004 on: September 25, 2012, 01:09:46 pm »

no, that a dfhack feature. Make a hotkey F1, call it "digvein" and add no zoom. Just press F1 ingame and you run digvein. It's just hotkeys for dfhack.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 749