Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838167 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4860 on: June 06, 2012, 07:16:36 pm »

Me neither, and that was the problem. I opened all reactions and did a find and replace to replace all old toys with tools, but did not check all creature files.

You can fix it in a running game by changing the reactions, no need for a regen then. Just make sure to alter the raws in the data/save folder, not the normal raws.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: June 06, 2012, 07:47:07 pm »

So, after making my main soldier a master armor user at the creature factory, I started cutting the Essence Residue into gems for my supply of 25,000 gemtip bolts.

What I've found, though, is my masonry industry grind to a halt about 2 seasons in. I've also noticed this even before I started cutting the residue for bolts and trade.

The Essence Residue, eventually, ends up landing in the stone stockpiles and there's no way to block it from happening.

I had a feeder pile linked to my masonry workshops, allowing only Marble, Granite and Olivine. Essence Residue filled it to capacity (Granted, it was smallish, but still).
There was also some residue in my main stone pile as well, though the majority did end up still in the creature lab.

Might be a good idea to change the essence residue into another material, or to make it possible to block it from stone stockpiles.

Ps. each gem is 100db, gemtip bolts are 600 at standard quality, going up to almost 10k at masterwork (if I remember correctly.)
Kinda breaks the trade game when you could buy out an elven creature caravan by end of year 2 with nothing but ammo...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: June 06, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »

Looks like the toy/tool fix for bags of loot is already in the hg repository. I'm glad, because I hit the same problem in my current game. :)

I've noticed there's still ITEM_TOY_LOOT in the item_toy_Masterwork.txt file. I assume this is no longer needed, so have removed it with change 3:33bae74fb5b2.  Please revert if we do still need it.

With regards to breweries, there seem to have been reports of floating liquids, and of weird things (like dimple cups) being turned into booze.  I'm a complete newbie when it comes to raws, but if we peek at the reaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

then it appears to me that we'll accept any plant as a reagent, which would explain the resulting dimple cup drink.  I don't know if DF allows one to say we need a brewable plant; in my scant minutes of research I haven't been able to find a tag that indicates that.

As for the floating drinks, I have no idea.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: June 06, 2012, 09:41:00 pm »

Shadowlop, I think the Essence is supposed to be immediately used up in a 2nd reaction after the 1st reaction is consumed to Legendarize your dwarf.  In my experience, it doesn't happen fast enough and haulers place the essences in stone piles, ruining the reaction to consume them.  The workaround I found was to enclose the Creature Lab and bar the door when my guy goes in, and not let him out until the Essences are cleared.  That has worked well.

Re: the still, I just watched carefully.  They carry in a barrel and plants.  He brews, and the result is an empty barrel, a floating pile of booze, and seeds.  After observing it with a stone barrel I forbid it, in case it was bugged somehow; they hauled in a wooden barrel and same thing.  The amusing thing is that since the barrel isn't filled, he ends up brewing faster because all he needs to grab after that is more plants!  The un-amusing thing is that my fort has pretty much run out of booze now that the Stills are holding it all.

ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: June 06, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »

You don't need to keep talking about it, the issue is fixed.
Nope, it wasn't fixed. The reason only a few people are seeing this while others aren't is because the bug was only in the ironhand\ascii graphics packs. They where still trying to use toy while the others are using tool. Thanks for the find, I've fixed this for the next update.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: June 06, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »

Re: the still, I just watched carefully.  They carry in a barrel and plants.  He brews, and the result is an empty barrel, a floating pile of booze, and seeds.  After observing it with a stone barrel I forbid it, in case it was bugged somehow; they hauled in a wooden barrel and same thing.  The amusing thing is that since the barrel isn't filled, he ends up brewing faster because all he needs to grab after that is more plants!  The un-amusing thing is that my fort has pretty much run out of booze now that the Stills are holding it all.

Just to check, is this happening at the still, or the brewery?  Which reaction are you using, is it just the standard "Brew Drink"?

Nope, it wasn't fixed. The reason only a few people are seeing this while others aren't is because the bug was only in the ironhand\ascii graphics packs.

You know, I completely missed the fact that there were graphic pack raws!  In which case it's also present in the Matrix pack (at least in the hg repo).  Now patched and pushed. :)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: June 06, 2012, 10:31:42 pm »

matrix=ascii and just wasn't pushed it to the repo yet, but thanks. magma/caravan fix is pushed to

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:07 pm »

matrix=ascii and just wasn't pushed it to the repo yet, but thanks. magma/caravan fix is pushed to

Just a quick check, in reaction_masterwork.txt:

Code: [Select]
-    [REAGENT:jug:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE:NONE]
+    [REAGENT:pot:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_pot:NONE:NONE]

Should that be ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT, rather than ITEM_TOOL_pot?

On a related note, should I be putting development discussions of this sort in a different thread/area, so we don't clutter up the main Masterwork thread?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4868 on: June 06, 2012, 10:47:14 pm »

Yes, it should be high caps.

You can keep it here, the more people see it, the more people can contribute.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00:51 pm »

Just to check, is this happening at the still, or the brewery?  Which reaction are you using, is it just the standard "Brew Drink"?

For me, this was happening with the brewery, with the first option (Brew Drink).

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: June 06, 2012, 11:49:43 pm »

For me, this was happening with the brewery, with the first option (Brew Drink).

Was happening with me as well. Ironhand set. Still have the save so can check, but had dwarves dehydrating to death, dropping like flies, 1200 drinks available...

UPDATE: Also happening in my Phoebus fort. It's not as old, so I don't have 2k undrinkable drinks...but I do have "drink" and "dimple cap none"s in my brewery (only).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:59:42 am by ShadowLop »
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: June 07, 2012, 01:12:30 am »

You don't need to keep talking about it, the issue is fixed.
Nope, it wasn't fixed. The reason only a few people are seeing this while others aren't is because the bug was only in the ironhand\ascii graphics packs. They where still trying to use toy while the others are using tool. Thanks for the find, I've fixed this for the next update.

Is that what it was? I'd never have guessed the graphics packs had separate raws. Sorry if I came off snippy, I was just trying to fix it for myself. Had no idea it was a real bug.

Also, any timeframe on .11 release? I'd love to try this version -with- the manager, but it's pretty good without. Thank god for fixes.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:43 am »

At least a week, see meph's previous post.

@Macro's crashing on mac, for now delete all the macro's out of Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.app/Content/Resources/data/init/macros
dwarf fortress mac doesn't seem to be able to handle the pre-recorded files. I've tried remaking them but I can't get them to run yet. Macros I make myself work fine however.

I disabled the Forums & Discussion on javaforge to keep discussion here and visible. :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:50:05 am by zenerbufen »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: June 07, 2012, 04:52:03 am »

wanted to point out, if it hasn't been pointed out, that created golems are sissys but bought golems can be war trained and are perfectly fine as long although i don't tend to like to see little tiny goblins with rusty iron arrows putting holes in my copper golems

and automations punching holes (literately -punching- ) in my dragons head.

- only tested with adamantite, to my dismay went though 8 spears to make 5 golems, think im gonna make it a burrow next time...

also brewery isn't putting the alcohol in barrels, will test it further but kind of irritated not to serve royal ale to my little drunk dwarves i make haul stone by hand and 3 wheelbarrows when i want a mason project done.

should totally make another Philosophers stone made by sacrificing citizens >:) i.e. sac a citizen get an item. turn 10 items into a stone. or half a stone

could it also make rock or plants, even wood! =D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:59:46 am by Fairin »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: June 07, 2012, 05:50:16 am »

I'm finally happy with what I've got so far.

I'm thinking of giving easy safe stuff green buttons, advance orange, and putting hard mode stuff in red. See temperature for an example. Here is a sample of the first page. Do you think this is an improvement the current settings app, or did I make things worse? I tried to make some things more self explanatory, did I make it too busy? (Ignore the second cave-ins button and the ?'s for now as loading of current settings is not finished). If I can get the colors to swap on-the fly across all three platforms I'm thinking of making the save buttons red or orange for auto backups saves off/ green for on. I also want to put a note about how Population caps and Child caps are sometimes ignored by DF, but am still pondering how to word it.

Linux/Win:

Mac:

@Boozeproblem; has been reported, but we haven't found the cause yet.
@Sissygolems; It's been mentioned that making your golems prone to rage in the raws partially helps.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:09:06 am by zenerbufen »
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 749