Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835053 times)

Octopi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2280 on: March 07, 2012, 11:12:50 pm »

Just throwing it out there but... Will demons be tameable sometime in the future? Perhaps by a Workshop relevant to Alchemy? Perhaps Dwarf sacrifices. :v

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 07, 2012, 11:14:57 pm »

upload upload upload upload!! i need to start a new fortress - my 1.4.1 is getting fragile and unstable, and i'd love to try with just the bugfixes thus far =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 07, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »

No way to make landmines immobile. Same for turrets. Pasture them in a 1x1 pasture, and then they are still.

About the mages:
Buildings are finished.
Melee weapons (one good against the undead civ, one good against orcs/goblins) are done
Ranged weapons are done
Holy ammo is done, transformes the hit creature for a short time in a harmless hamster
Unholy ammo is done, target becomes crazed
Reactions for the 4 transformations are done, they are currently for free, need to add reagents
4 Creatures (Demonbound=unholy melee, Necromancer=unholy ranged, Paladin=holy melee, healer=holy ranged) are set up, but the special abilities are missing. Thats all.

Better names are welcome as well. Holy fighter, holy spellcaster, unholy fighter, unholy spellcaster.

meph - might i suggest "biomancer" as a name for the healer character? it's kind of the opposite of "necromancer", right? barring that, and in the same spirit, "lifeweaver" might work... but also, "theurge", "hierophant", and "thaumaturgist" are generically good names for mage-like characters because nobody knows exactly what they mean, and they all imply that those specific characters might do more then just heal =D

add lots of complicated reagants, if they're powerful. this stuff shouldn't be easy to get.

also! given that drakes probably shouldn't be the only things that drop scales (dragons should too, no?) maybe they should be more expensive and armor made from their scales should be better...? that's where i was going with the whole "why aren't scales generic" like of questioning i was asking about earlier. does that make sense?

also! are the skeleton/ghost graphics working properly? i was poking around in the raws and it seems the keywords got replaced or something... wtf...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:50:40 pm by sayke »
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:10 pm »

^we actually have a system similar to this right now I think... I havn't messed with scaled creatures too much though.

also Meph, assuming you have read the news about the new animal training system for the next DF release. i think your mod may get more interesting...

EDIT: an idea for the knuckle dusters, the messages almost make sense, if you were to say replace stab, with jab, slash with backhand, etc etc it would make it sound like the dwarf was simply employing interesting fighting techniques instead of doing the impossible.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:01:19 am by bombzero »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 08, 2012, 12:50:23 am »

How do I reveal Hell. I don't know if there is something leaking into hell or not but this lag is getting annoying. DFHack's Reveal doesn't show hell or anything "You have discovered X" things by the looks of it...

EDIT:: It looks like there is something draining somewhere, just loaded a different location and NO Lag at all. It sits at around 560 fps while on this flatter area where I want to play it is going down to 100 fps
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:53:44 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 08, 2012, 12:52:42 am »

"reveal hell" i think does it, reveal with no arguments does not show the secret stuffs.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: March 08, 2012, 01:01:12 am »

Right, so I revealed everything.... And nothing is leaking. I don't understand. The only thing that could be my problem with this map is a small Cavern Lake that is attached to the map edge, it could be draining out of the map or something...
Gonna upload the save, asking if someone else could figure out why I am getting this annoying lag fest with this map...

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5813

EDIT:: There is the file. ALSO is anyone else getting a Graphics problem when it comes to the symbols for Gender and Quality???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:09:24 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:45 am »

ill take a look if you upload it.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 08, 2012, 01:10:24 am »

ill take a look if you upload it.

me too, mate
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 08, 2012, 01:11:32 am »

EDIT:: There is the file. ALSO is anyone else getting a Graphics problem when it comes to the symbols for Gender and Quality???

This is fixed in the next version (see changelog)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 08, 2012, 01:30:54 am »

Right, so I revealed everything.... And nothing is leaking. I don't understand. The only thing that could be my problem with this map is a small Cavern Lake that is attached to the map edge, it could be draining out of the map or something...
Gonna upload the save, asking if someone else could figure out why I am getting this annoying lag fest with this map...

Its not a pathfinding issue with your dwarves ... i did some science on that (walled em in)
You have some massive multi Z level caves underground, thats the only thing i could think of.
Rest seems perfectly normal.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 08, 2012, 01:52:56 am »

Are you getting lag spikes???

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 08, 2012, 01:56:08 am »

Are you getting lag spikes???

Yes, i see all the effects you describe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2293 on: March 08, 2012, 02:35:41 am »

I am done. Is being uploaded.

Demonbound, Necromancer, Oathkeeper and Lifeweaver. Hope it is clear who is the melee and who is the support/ranged unit. To quote the manual:

Magic

-This adds two high end buildings to the game.

The Urn of Sacred Ashes and the Church of the Dark Depths.

You can learn good/white and evil/black magic in these.

These features are experimental and are more a test then anything else. See the forum for more info, since this feature is in development. The added features so far are:

Bound a demon to you = Demonbound = evil melee mage

Learn the secret of death = Shadowmage = evil ranged mage

Recite the warrios prayer = Oathkeeper = good melee mage

Recieve the blessing of life = Lifeweaver = good ranged mage

These guys have a variety of spells, from killing undeads, to resurrecting your fallen dwarves, blinding enemies or striking them down in a hailstorm of blood. Have fun testing these, friendly fire should not be a problem. To transform you need a couple of item, most notably the white or black bible. Buy those from humans or drows. Apart from that, candles, adamantine, bones and corpses.

You can also create the undead and greenskin slayer. A giant sword that uses the druid skill for combat and makes 50 times as much damages against the noted enemies then anything else. Again, more a test then a balanced feature. You need 5 runes and steel for this massive weapon.

Last item are the wands. You can create holy or unholy wands. These ranged weapons use spells. You can create 4 kinds of spells. Raging adds crazed to the hit target, great for bigger groups. Sleeping makes targets fall asleep, send you melee to finish them. Polymorph turns them into cute little hamsters, easy target, while slowing runes reduce the speed by 50%. You need runes and steel for the spells, and runes and training staffs for the wands.

@all: I will have a look at the posts when I am done updating. :) The gender symbols are working so-so, I only have ONE item for both. -.- cant find the identifier in the font file. But the masterwork symbol has am item now and the font looks better, I increased the size.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:40:16 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5.1 for 34.05. New: Magic
« Reply #2294 on: March 08, 2012, 02:45:42 am »

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good luck testing them. One buildings needs adamantine to be built, the other slade. One of the reactions needs a bible, trade from humans, the other a black bible, trade from drow. Should be rather difficult to set everything up. Shadowmages might be a bit overpowered when you get them behind good fortifications, and lifeweavers should be sent to your coffins. They can resurrect your dwarves. Not as living dead, but as proper civilized dwarves. Dont know if they can target things in coffins though, and what happen to lost bodyparts and such. I am curious about the reports i might get in a few days.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:56:11 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 749