Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834585 times)

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have problems here
[REACTION:NETHERWOOD_BARK] produce nameless seeds.
[REACTION:IRONWOOD_MAKING] would produce nameless seeds if it actually could acknowledge ironbark logs produced by [REACTION:CUT_SMALL_IRON]
All "cut farmed ***" goes by same hotkey.  And for some reason [REACTION:STEELOAK_MAKING] absent from timberyard.

added: Mmm yeah, it's because you input steelwood_making instead of steeloak_making in entity_default

added2: apparently nethercap spawns can't be planted
Also scrap/fair/whatever wood all has same value of 3.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:22:06 am by afftor »

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In fact, no, Toady forgot to change the text in the kennel menu, and possibly the workshop's name (should be training ground or something along those lines).

Put a zone on your Kennel, place your hawk in it, and ask to "train hunting dog".
You will notice that the job in the building is then "train hunting animal", not dog, and that it will work perfectly (tested it in 1.3 and got my hunting hawk, no problem.

Only thing to remember, always keep one male and one female not trained, as I am not sure the hunting ones can reproduce (same with the armoured animals).
Also note that you need to not place him in a zone if you assign him, and assigning him will make him an owned pet, with all possible bad consequences if he dies.

Thank you. ^.^

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph opens the DF Modding subforum Masterwork Dwarf Fortress thread.

Meph was struck down.

A lot of things to repair, mainly those damn hair/yarn, hehe.

I still prefer this than vanila, also hope the hair fix will not make me generate another world.

Fake EDIT: not sure if that's just my luck or something else - 2 evil mists i have encountered so far in 1.4 generate no visible evil efect (no thralls/husks).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed too, maybe its supposed to be like this, but logs and leather produce paper for the Scriptorium, but then on the Scriptorium, if you don't have paper and hit Enter on the reaction it says you need Vellum? I wasn't sure where to get Vellum, so I just tried paper and it worked, but maybe get rid of vellum and call it all paper to make it clearer?

Just a thought. Awesome mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Animal threads not being recognized

In inorganic_zmasterwork, if i'm interpreting these correctly it looks like the material reaction product of hair is always plant thread.

[INORGANIC:HAIR]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD]

->

[INORGANIC:THREAD]
[THREAD_PLANT]

I don't know what the fix is. 
for comparison Genesis has

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:THREAD]

and then Yarn is assigned on a per creature basis

[CREATURE:ALPACA]
  [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
    [SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
         [YARN]

... but i don't suggest messing with it unless you really know what's up, Masterworks materials are totally different
I guess I can download, and see if I can lean a hand in this.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

The crashes may have to do with caves or trade caravans or even injuries, these seem to be common when I crash, beyond that I dont know much else to tell you about the crashes. One complaint is be careful with trap avoid gremlins and giving them weapons, it makes them a bit over powered. I do not like the large amount of new metalworking shops especially in the case of the finishing forge which does one thing, alchemy buildings require a skill that dwarves do not have and so will not be built. I have also noticed that trade caravans will leave through my caverns, dont know if that is a bug already or not. There seems to be alot of clutter and inefficiency in the metalworking field in general while other areas have become simpler with your mod, this has not. Loving the war bears I have and this mod despite these problems.
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Animal threads not being recognized

In inorganic_zmasterwork, if i'm interpreting these correctly it looks like the material reaction product of hair is always plant thread.

[INORGANIC:HAIR]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD]

->

[INORGANIC:THREAD]
[THREAD_PLANT]

I don't know what the fix is. 
for comparison Genesis has

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:THREAD]

and then Yarn is assigned on a per creature basis

[CREATURE:ALPACA]
  [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
         [YARN]

... but i don't suggest messing with it unless you really know what's up, Masterworks materials are totally different
I guess I can download, and see if I can lean a hand in this.

In 1.2 it worked well as far as I remember. just giving a hint as I am trying to figure what's wrong too (I'm terribad at browsing and fixing/changing/reading raws).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Give me a list of Shearable creatures... Meph's raws are like a maze, I thought he had some "generic" creature that housed all his materials? (at least animal materials)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

It is probally as simple as this

[YARN]

To the creatures that are shearable (Which is the same thing sly_mithos said) just as long as you drop that below the creature (at the end of the creature) it "should" alter it's hair to be YARN. But if slay_mithos is right, then if Meph is using a plant to give the hair material it's thread then... well I don't think YARN will work.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know lama, alpaca and sheep for sure. I also know for sure that in 1.4 any hair can be spinned too, like horse hair o.0.

Edit: Where shall I place this

[YARN]

so I can test if that works?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I know lama, alpaca and sheep for sure. I also know for sure that in 1.4 any hair can be spinned too, like horse hair o.0.

Edit: Where shall I place this

[YARN]

so I can test if that works?
Hmm.. Sheep seem to have a SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR, so has anyone done testing with sheep to see if they can spin it's hair/wool into thread/yarn?

But for testing wise just make sure the SELECT_MATERIAL_HAIR is after all the [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE] because after that tag all materials and tissues have already been called, so thus allowing selection of materials.

EDIT:
Due note the sheep i'm looking at is right from Mephs raws, not vanilla

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Success I think. I genned a new world and I have yarn availible at the embark. Only sheep yarn things and sheep yarn as my civ has no alpaca/lama access. testing if shearing works now.

EDIT: I copied some things from 1.2 raws into 1.4 raws. trying to figure which ones now, heh.

EDIT2: Embarked in a new world. 4 sheeps. Built farmers workshop, loom, clothiers. Sheared the sheep getting the sheep wool, then spinned it into sheep yarn, then made a yarn cloth, then made a cloak from the yarn cloth. SUCCES. Uploading the raws i have now. Once i do that I'll try to figure which I changed (do not remember very well, I did not take notes - sorry for that I am just a village idiot  8) ).

EDIT3: link to the raws I changed. https://rapidshare.com/files/1524668867/objects.rar I basically searched all hair reference in those and changed them to 1.2 ones (I luckily still have 1.2 DF MASTERWORK). Sadly I'm not sure how 1.4 raws look now as i did not backup, hehe.

EDIT4: Now going to test if this thing works in my existing fort. I hope elves bring me some sheep or alpacas.

EDIT5: Sadly it does not work in my old fort... To the worldgen then! Ha!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:14:44 pm by UncleCern »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Just compare the raws from your modified raws and Meph's v1.4 raws. Then all will become aparent (which I think sheep yarn was possible all along, but the fact that every animal can have it's hair spun. means there is some yarn and some thread)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if it's a vanilla bug, or Masterwork thing, so I'm gonna post anyway.
My chief medical dwarf gave birth to twins. Awesome. Then, she became possessed. Also awesome. But finally, she claimed the craftsdwarf workshop, and doesn't do shit. I checked if she requires some material I don't have, and this is the only thing she says:
Muzishthetust

I believe that's supposed to be the artifacts' dwarven name. I have never previously seen something like this, dwarves always muttered the required ingredients before. Then again, this is my first major fort since the big vanilla update.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

paul k.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

anyway, did anybody try to make oil from pig tails? seems like my question's still hanging
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 749