Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834299 times)

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1125 on: February 22, 2012, 10:02:00 am »

I like the idea of getting more types of invaders, but I just got several visits from "zombie thiefs", which is just silly/immersion breaking.

Edit: Oh, also, the Genies are hilarious - mainly because I imagine them "laying" items in the nestboxes. I never manage to see what they produce before it gets shoved to a stockpile or another though. And the ones I had died of old age, which didn't happen to any other creature so far. Very weird - I'd recommend making those creatures optional.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:06:18 am by isitanos »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 22, 2012, 10:07:44 am »

Wait for the visit of naga combat squad followed by one goblin siege and one toadpeople siege. This will fix your gaming experience provided your fort survives that :]

EDIT: My genie produced only miasma when it died (didn't even reach adulthood i think).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:02:42 am by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

MYSTICBADGER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:09 am »

One problem, though, I can't find how to make golems. I've done iron casts, and when I imbue life, it only create small "flashes of lifes" or something like that, but that's all it does.

Sometimes it takes a couple tries - put imbue life on /R

Thank you, it worked finally. Now I'm searching how to use and train them...

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 22, 2012, 11:52:20 am »

One problem, though, I can't find how to make golems. I've done iron casts, and when I imbue life, it only create small "flashes of lifes" or something like that, but that's all it does.

Sometimes it takes a couple tries - put imbue life on /R

Thank you, it worked finally. Now I'm searching how to use and train them...

I'm afraid golems are bugged right now - the no-fear tag isn't working right so they flee enemies. When they are working, though, you use them like war animals - pasture them somewhere useful.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:38 pm »

wow just discovered the wonders that is the timberyard, and I have to say AWESOME. It triples my burnable fuel, no more will my metal industry be restricted by magma access.

Edit: quick question, I was smelting happily along and burning hundreds of trees when suddenly i discovered........."Pure Copper" in my smelter. The heck is that and what do i do with it. The first thing to came to mind was elven mischief, but as it hasnt exploded, burned or given off a syndrome i am now curious.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:44:06 pm by Stronghammer »

Darunija

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 22, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

You will get 2 bars of copper out of it. "Pure" metals are new too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1131 on: February 22, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

ok, lets see: One crash report, sadly without source, but thanks for reporting. One flickerin-tile bug, which is caused by duplicate raws of the phoebus you installed (why ?, it is already installed anyway) Check your errorlog, and you will see many: Duplicate Objects entries.

Boiling stone reactions dont work always, and I cant figure out why. I even made a carbon copy of a system Putman uses, and which works in his mod, but not in MasterworkDF. Very strange, and if anyone can solve this he'd be my personal hero. Maybe I should offer prices like the ones in the 10year Challenge for bugfixing. ;) But it is not a problem, since you keep the golem-cast anyway, you can try as often as you want.

Sorry about the thiefing zombies, but either they get the babysnatcher tag, OR become friendly. The only other option I found is giving them "utterances" but then they will have no names, and will be named: Zombie the Goblin Zombie... maybe the new tags, opposed to life mostly, can remedy that. I want to give them the ability to make more zombies by biting people anyway... :)

Genies give all kinds of super valuable stuff, some random things as well, but only live 1-2 years. This is intended, the service of a genie are short, before he retires back into his lamp ;) Otherwise people would buy them like crazy and get free everything.

Pure metal ores are an addition I made.. two version ago ? Essentially you can find pure_mineral in all native_mineral veins, in small clusters. This means you find a vein of "native_gold" and in it you might find "pure_gold" The metal produced from them is still simple gold, no changes. But you get 2 bars for each piece of ore, since it is pure, and therefore yields more of it. (@darunija: there are no pure metals, only the ore is new)

Bugfixes
Another note: I am making progress on v1.3 Golems now fight and dont flee (if the dwarf that was turned into a golem was in the military, they will even be considered a squad member and react to orders), rocktip/gemtip arrows are porperly named, stockpiled and used, AND, major fix, everything is stockpiled. Bone crafts, armor, leather quivers, backpacks... all the animal mats that were clogging up workshops are now working correctly :) I havent tested yet with the more exotic leather that elves might bring, but so far everything that you can take at emark or produce from butchering is working beautifully. The leather types also have different colors now :)

Next thing I have to do is remake all my leather upgrades, since they still use inorganic mats and references in the reactions. Yeah, fun. ;)

ABOUT THE WIKI: I did not know that the format would be weird to you. I just picked one from google. If you know a better wiki, or an easier one, you can change it of course. I also added another 7 members to the organisators, 13 now in total. I am curious how it will turn out. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:21:09 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 22, 2012, 12:57:27 pm »

@meph I think I know what caused my previous crashes. Megabeasts. those custom ones I believe. I have thought it were forgotten beasts but I'm just a village idiot and couldn't see the difference between mega and forgotten one. New fort and new world runnig for 4 years now and no crashes like the ones i experienced before.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1133 on: February 22, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »

If it is megabeasts, then testing it will be difficult. I will spawn them in arena for now. If this doesnt bring up anything I can give them pet tag and buy one of each at embark to test them. lot of work though, I put it in my to do list.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 22, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

My fort is consistently crashing - how can I contribute to bugfinding by posting save/errorlog?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:32 pm »

Those bugfixes sound great, Meph, can't wait for the update.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1136 on: February 22, 2012, 01:24:03 pm »

Crashes do not show errorlogs in 99% of cases. This makes them hard to fix, since one does not know what he is looking for. If someone tells me: I have a crash, here my save, I cant really do much with it. If someone says: After I kill the creature X, or create Item Y it crashes, I can easily fix it.

So, if you dont know what it is, you can do little to help.

I personally find it strange that some people play s stable game and never had a crash, while others report crashes more often.

EDIT: This question might cause you to question my sanity, but: I made the wiki on a .com site, and I just now noticed that everyhing (the settings and so forth) are in german. I completely overlooked it, but of course you guys cant possibly all speak german. The question is: Does it automatically detect your prefered language, and everything is in english ?

EDIT2: I also found out why golems cant be trained:
Unsupported CE add tag: TRAINABLE_WAR -.-
Unsupported CE remove tag: INTELLIGENT
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:50:45 pm by Meph »

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:53 pm »

I tried installing the other Phoebus tileset because I thought it was updated and I needed the latest version, so no worries about that issue.

How can I get a proper crash report? Does DF create a log somewhere after it crashes?

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 22, 2012, 01:51:06 pm »

Gonna switch over to LFR for now then. enjoyed your mod a lot! but sadly the 10 year challenge is aborted by this reproducing crash.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 22, 2012, 01:55:43 pm »

Everything I've seen so far is in English, so I'm guessing that it does detect a user's language.  Probably based on a UserAgent query.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 749