Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833455 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - DOWNLOAD - V.31.25 Phoebus
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2012, 07:41:18 am »

Clay is a source of two rare things; red rocks and renewable building material.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:47 am »

Its possible thats the tile bug too, if its trying to assign a clay tile but one doesn't exist.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2012, 11:03:04 am »

I don't think I saw this mentioned so:

On the surface layer, several (or all in the case of the desert world) tiles randomly (like 100 times per second) swap between other tiles (i.e. every tile possible).  Is this suppose to be to be happening?    Clean install of the mod, the only thing I did was install the newest DF hack via the SDL.  I haven't tried a true clean install, but I don't see how SDL injection would cause that.  Any idea?

this is a phoebus issue, there's an FAQ for it in her thread im pretty sure.

Or I'm talking out of my ass, like the other people said it's something with duplicate raws or something, something to do with genning a world with the mod wrong, like just gen a new world and see if it still does it, or drag the new raws into the world file again. I remember a fix for this in some other mod i can't remember.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2012, 11:07:34 am »

Alright, here is my todo list for today. I will playtest some more and you should get an update this evening.

- Add clay
- Make working Ascii Version
- Fix the bugs that have been found
- See if i can remove pets from migrants
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2012, 11:13:18 am »

I don't think you can remove migrant pets. Instead, make the cats non-breeding, because [PET_DOMESTIC] or whatever that tag was seems to ignore creature populations and the like.

At least, that's what happened upon me testing it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2012, 11:17:50 am »

Cats ? I was more thinking of Steel golems and turrets/landmines that run after their trustworthy owner, instead of being bought costly at a caravan.

I guess I have to remove common_domestic, and see if the caravan still brings some of these pets, since they live in mountain biomes, where the dwarven civ lives. I dont know if I have them at embark then, but 90% of them are too expensive too buy then anyway.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2012, 12:01:09 pm »

I don't think I saw this mentioned so:

On the surface layer, several (or all in the case of the desert world) tiles randomly (like 100 times per second) swap between other tiles (i.e. every tile possible).  Is this suppose to be to be happening?    Clean install of the mod, the only thing I did was install the newest DF hack via the SDL.  I haven't tried a true clean install, but I don't see how SDL injection would cause that.  Any idea?

this is a phoebus issue, there's an FAQ for it in her thread im pretty sure.

Or I'm talking out of my ass, like the other people said it's something with duplicate raws or something, something to do with genning a world with the mod wrong, like just gen a new world and see if it still does it, or drag the new raws into the world file again. I remember a fix for this in some other mod i can't remember.

Like I said, I'm using the version the author uploaded with out anything else done to it, and its causing the error regardless of new world, pregenned, regenned or anything else.   It could be a system specific issue, but I've experienced this in the last few years except with THIS specific mod.

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2012, 12:29:44 pm »

Alright, here is my todo list for today. I will playtest some more and you should get an update this evening.

- Add clay
- Make working Ascii Version
- Fix the bugs that have been found
- See if i can remove pets from migrants

I'll love you forever if you make an ASCII version. I want to try this mod but I really don't like tilesets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2012, 02:48:03 pm »

Ok, work is done. Clay is back, Ascii works, most known bugs should be fixed. I will upload it not just yet, I will do a little testrun in fortress mode. But arena testing was ok :)

I had another weird idea for a workshop:
Magma fishery - extremely dwarvish.
A custom workshop that requires a magma source, like a magma forge. Reaction would be fishing, ingredient would be some magma safe fishing pole (or whatever) and then you have a XX% chance of catching a magma creatue, the product. Laborskill and token would be fishing of course.

Obisidan factory
A custom workshop that require a magma source, Reaction is called: Create osidian, ingredient would be a bucket full of water, bucket would be preserved. Product is 1 block of obsidian. Laborskill and token would be mason.

Siegers mini-bar (working title)
A custom 2x1 workshop, reaction is called: Drink of courage. Ingredient is an alcoholic drink. Product is a gas that makes the dwarf that uses it blind, for 1 season. Laborskill and token would be siege engineer. (blind siegerengineers do not run away when the enemy comes close)

These three would make food production way underground possible, material production way underground (like the mentioned clay before, never thought of it as a building mat) and a way to use ballistas/catapults better.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:57 pm »

I have a question. If you only have one type of soil and clay, would that mean it would be harder to find soil and clay when trying to find an embark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »

No. The amount is the same, the only change is that there is just one different type.

Example with trees:
Before: 100 trees, with 10 different names = 10 items in the list to scroll through
With the mod: 100 trees, with 2 different names = 2 items in the list to scroll through

Same goes for clay, sand, soil, stone, gem and minerals.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.31.25 Phoebus/ASCII
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:39 pm »

Sry for the double post, but the new version is online. And ASCII Version as well.

Changelog:
Fixed Dodge/Dodging tag in creature_orc.txt
Fixed Acid landmine name
Added nofear to zombies
Removed COMMON_ from all tallow, see if that fixes the muscle issue. UNTESTED
50% less unstable warpstone (gem type)
50% less stable warpstone (metal type)
Added [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT:INORGANIC:CERAMIC_STONEWARE] to clay (clay was existent, but without being a reaction material)
Orcs should arrive with ammo now.
Stakes and Rams trapcomponents arent called wooden anymore. Razorwire cuts and scratches now instead of stabbing.
Edited the 5 adv. world settings, more Minerals. Also no more rejections on Desert/Volcano land
Added Siegers housebar. Makes you siegeoperators fearless for one season.

Created the ASCII Init.
Created a ASCII Color and Tile scheme for all new creatures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

About the flickering sand tiles: I embarked again on desert, volcano, digged out a bunch of sand... but i could not reproduce the error. :confused: Hope no one else gets it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:21:16 pm by Meph »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2012, 06:26:42 pm »

I like the two Workshops, Magma Fishery and Obsidian factory... Mind if I make my own versions of this for my Mod?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »

Reaction obsidian

building obsidian

Untested, and fishery is unfinishes.

I make you a deal. You can use the idea, if I am allowed to use your finished raws for the fishery ;)  But anyway, go ahead :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2012, 06:35:50 pm »

Reaction obsidian

building obsidian

Untested, and fishery is unfinishes.

I make you a deal. You can use the idea, if I am allowed to use your finished raws for the fishery ;)  But anyway, go ahead :)

Deal :p
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 749