Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A monitor?  (Read 3771 times)

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
Re: A monitor?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 11:11:46 pm »

Until I read this and then looked it up on Urban Dictionary I had no idea what a crundle was...
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 08:56:02 am »

People talk of threads and rails like Bay12 is a train station. It isn't, it's a dirigible repair station playing host to hundreds of seemingly absurd balloon topics that have a propensity to burst into flames and simply change from being one thing to another, namely a reinforced balloon to a hulking charred wreck, which is in itself a decent metaphor for a number of the topics and activities of Bay12.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

People talk of threads and rails like Bay12 is a train station. It isn't, it's a dirigible repair station playing host to hundreds of seemingly absurd balloon topics that have a propensity to burst into flames and simply change from being one thing to another, namely a reinforced balloon to a hulking charred wreck, which is in itself a decent metaphor for a number of the topics and activities of Bay12.

I see them more as giant floating crundles. A bit like the Nech from Morrowind. Except that they are crundles.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 09:14:59 am »

I see them more as giant floating crundles. A bit like the Nech from Morrowind. Except that they are crundles.

Those large balloons from that little material? I call shenanigans!
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 09:31:51 am »

Those large balloons from that little material? I call shenanigans!

I breed various giant creatures to stitch their crundles together to make frankenstein dirigibles.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 09:48:03 am »

WAIT! Is a Frankenstein creature a workshop crafted object? As in, can I have strange mood and build crundles from a variety of objects? Cause I want a giant diamond crundle with bits of elven bone and wolf fur poking out from everywhere.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 11:55:32 am »

WAIT! Is a Frankenstein creature a workshop crafted object? As in, can I have strange mood and build crundles from a variety of objects? Cause I want a giant diamond crundle with bits of elven bone and wolf fur poking out from everywhere.
Spikes! Crundles must have spikes!
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 12:46:25 pm »

Spikes! Crundles must have spikes!
This is true... perhaps one day.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 03:00:24 pm »

This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

^^^^

D:

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 09:54:57 am »

You know? Now that I look at it D: is a much better symbol for dworfs than anything else.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 04:21:41 pm »

You know? Now that I look at it D: is a much better symbol for dworfs than anything else.

I'd be scared if I ever saw a smiling Dwarf.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 04:36:30 pm »

Thats odd cause I'd be grabbing popcorn.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »

Sell tickets... make money off the mayhem.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2011, 05:39:03 pm »

Sell tickets... make money off the mayhem.

Smiling dworf: The stage show.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4