Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Omens: A Seer's Life.  (Read 6642 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omens: A Seer's Life.
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »

Quoting page 1.

"Dear Olenall, thank you for the advice last week, my wife loved the shepherds pie I made.  Could you run me an errant later today?  My daughter wants to come visit us, but she might not know the way through the forest, she can be a handfull.  In exchance, I'll be happy to hire a carpenter to fix up your buiding, that one wall is looking a little slanted.  With thanks, Rhyn Gevia."

Surely the vile beast loitered outside your house and leaned on your wall, the fiend.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:53:07 pm by Qloos »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 08:55:10 pm »

Derek has many choices, Remolo has to wait, we can see this by her pinning already. FLipped Hierophant, we shouldn't use our inner knowledge- this means that further seer-ing won't help us, not like we have time. We need to act now, oldman has something to do with decay, and none of us can go with balance-
We hae to go one way or the other.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:57:36 pm by Powder Miner »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:33 pm »

Wrong on the death card, it's inverted. That means the opposite of what it usually means. Decay turns into growth. As to how that helps, I have no idea.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:35 pm »

an inverted Death card is a sign of decay

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2011, 09:51:59 pm »

Oh ok, I must have misread that part. >.<

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »

Hmm, well if at anytime you feel my sentence structure is lacking in anyway.  Feel free to point it out so I can tidy things up.  Although I'm here having fun, using improv to try to tie together the plot.  It is also able to improve my use of the English language and for me to explore my artistic style and improve upon it.

(Speaking of my artistic style, earler today I attempted a character image where the character was looking sideways.  It looked so out of place that I deleted it immediately.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:16 pm »

The raccoon looks reluctant, the dog looks sad, and the sheep looks scared, while the darkness is being darknessy...
 Perhaps these roles are not what things are but what they will become, it seems that the dog is pulling the raccoon towards something that it doesn't want.

Maybe we can get the new-comer to take on the doom, I say that we should stare at them with a confident and demeaning expression...

If we want Derek to live then he clearly needs to choose what he wants, ignoring prophecy, and going to extremes. On the other hand maybe we should abuse our powers, accuse the father of  meddling in their affairs, sneak out, collapse our house, and use all of their entrails for divination...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2011, 11:31:12 pm »

I highly dout that we can collapse our house just like that. Plus, ITS OUR HOUSE! WE LIVE THERE! D:

I reckon that Derek has to either choose to live how he wants, reguardless of divinations, and do so fearlessly, or to do something else. I honestly don't know what to do in this situation, but we must clearly make a choice and live with it.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2011, 01:30:45 am »

I reckon that Derek has to either choose to live how he wants, reguardless of divinations, and do so fearlessly, or to do something else. I honestly don't know what to do in this situation, but we must clearly make a choice and live with it.
The raccoon looks reluctant, the dog looks sad, and the sheep looks scared, while the darkness is being darknessy...
 Perhaps these roles are not what things are but what they will become, it seems that the dog is pulling the raccoon towards something that it doesn't want.

Maybe we can get the new-comer to take on the doom, I say that we should stare at them with a confident and demeaning expression...
Derek has many choices, Remolo has to wait, we can see this by her pinning already. FLipped Hierophant, we shouldn't use our inner knowledge- this means that further seer-ing won't help us, not like we have time. We need to act now, oldman has something to do with decay, and none of us can go with balance-
We hae to go one way or the other.

You glare at the dark haired man in chainmail.  He's threatened your kin, destroyed your home and invaded your personal life.  Worst of all, he's trying to get you killed through divination, something you see as beautiful and pure.

"Loathe me all you want, my lady told me 'Not Seer nor Lovers hands may harm the hound'"  he declares with confidence.  He turns to Derek.

"Make your choice now!  Or lose your love."

"Alright alright!" He says franticly.  Slowly.  Deliberately.  He raises his spear at you.

Wait.  Things are happening too fast.  You don't want to die yet.  You've never fallen in love, or perform a telling for a nobleman, or drink any fine wine.  Why now?!

You become resigned.  There's nothing you can do to overcome fate.

"I'm sorry it turned out this way, Olenall.  Please don't make that look while staring at me, or I'll regret not getting to know you better."

"...derek..." a faint whisper.

"Exactly, killing this seer is the easiest solution."

"Please don't kill me!"

Derek's Heart has been run through

"Whoah!  My arm moved on it's own! 

"THAT'S AWESOME!"

Derek coughs up blood and stands for a moment before teetering and falling to the ground as Remolo closes her eyes in regret.

"Right!  Moving on!"

Without removing his blade from Derek, the man spins with his leg.  You have been kicked hard in the gut and winded.

"You!!"

Rhyn collects the dagger from the corner, lunges forward and brutally slashes the man's face.

Grimacing, the man leg sweeps Rhyn.  Retreating, he pulls his blade like one would pull a boot from deep mud from Dereks chest and moves back to Remolo.

"Drop the blade, old man, or I'll finish her!"

Rhyn drops the blade at your feet.

"Fucking Derek, using prophecy to prevent me finishing the job!"  He curses.  "But this wenches life is still in my hands.  Tie her up.  I'm taking her with me as insurance, lead me out of this damn forest, you fossle!"

You finally catch your breath "...beware the... darkness... you bastard..."

"'Darkness' I don't have time for your shit."  He turns to Rhyn.  "Get going old man!"

With Remolo tied up over his shoulder and Rhyn with a blade to his back, the man flees East.

Spoiler: Regarding Derek (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:50:22 am by Qloos »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2011, 02:47:41 am »

Oh derek you were as doomed as rosencrantz and guildenstern, Judged guilty by your author of the crime of being superfluous.

Take the Dagger and examine it. Think on if you have any friends who could help you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]