Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Omens: A Seer's Life.  (Read 6654 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omens: A Seer's Life.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »

Say hi and that this guy was outside our door. Also, tell him not to say please anymore, I mean AT ALL.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »

Inform the female of the male's doom prophecy of doom.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 02:19:44 am »

Inform the female of the male's doom prophecy of doom.
Pacify the lady by telling her if you didn't tie her boyfriend up he would fall to his horrible and painful death. Or he would annoy you so much you use him for an augury.
Just go into the forest.
Say hi and that this guy was outside our door. Also, tell him not to say please anymore, I mean AT ALL.

Derek quickly unties the rope from his arm and tosses it on the ground.  "Remolo!  Please, liste-"  You panic.

"Shut up!  Stop saying 'please' you're going to get yourself killed...

"and then I'd haft to perform augury, which is gross."  You say in a quiet voice.

"Oh-ho, so it seems my daughter started dating someone who's in more hotwater than she is, how daring of her."

"Shutup Father..."   "..."

"You seem to know your art, Seer.  I was referred to you by a colleague of yours, so I sent Derek ahead to get an initial reading as we're pressed for time.  Can you see anyway out of this situation for us?"  She seems genuinely concerned and talks concisely with respect.  But something is bugging you.

"I don't have any colleagues, you're either mistaken or the seer was lying.  Lets leave the rest of this conversation until we get back;  I'm hungry and this is no place for a telling."  You're agitated.  Seers - other seers, that is - can be quite malevolent and jealous over other's abilities.  You can't rule out being targetted, you should check to see how safe the journey back is going to be.  Reaching into a pocket produces some stones - black on one side, white on the other.  Hoping for white, (and thus safe trip.) you cast the sortes.

One black, five white.  The journey should be safe, but you might be missing something...

"I'll lead on!  Remember: the trick to not getting lost is to check the Suns position when we can, and look for large amounts of moss.  We got ourselves a fine pie waiting when we get home."

"Ah, the brave sheep sallies forth."

"..."

Phew, I didn't want to have anymore updates on the first page.  Six is too many.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:54:40 am by Qloos »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 07:09:26 am »

Dooooooooooooooooooooom!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 09:49:21 am »

Forest. Go.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 01:02:08 pm »

Tell the lady that you will be sorry for her future loss.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 05:59:39 pm »

Forest. Go.
Tell the lady that you will be sorry for her future loss.

Cleverly hidden message RAM, props to anyone else who finds it.

Your trip back doesn't take quite the same path with Old Man Rhyn taking the lead.  Then again, there was never a path to begin with.  You never wanted an easy path to your home.  If there was you'd certainly be bothered by every trifling little problem that people have.  As for Mr. and Mrs. Gevia, they gather mountain herbs, grow potatoes, and enjoy a quiet life.

"Remolo, my name is Olenall, can we talk?"

"..?  Sure Olenall."

"It's about Derek, make sure he doesn't say 'please don't' anymore, if he says it three more times he's going to die."

"I already knew, that other seer told me, but only three more times?  He's gone and hurried things along, hasn't he?  We'll talk about how the other seer told us to break the curse when we get through..."  Her voice trails off.

Frowning, she looks defeated, but only for a moment.

"I'll KILL THAT CURSE BEFORE IT KILLS DEREK!"

Everyone is startled by the sudden outcry, but Derek opens his fat lips first.
"Remolo, put that dagger away!  It's dangerous, and please don't wander, it's easy to get lo-"

"DEREK!"  She takes the rope from you and rushes at him.

"PLEASE DO- NFFFT!"

"That's going a little far, we're almost there, isn't it a little excessive to gag him?"

"He's lucky I didn't knock him out"

You didn't bother to interfere, it was the right choice regardless of how close to home we are.  But if we're already at the other side, then was the vision wrong?  Or was the darkness something much simpler, like say for instance: Dereks looming death.  There's also the problem that there's four of you here while there are only three animals in the vision.  Remolo's dagger also caught your eye, it isn't strange to carry one while travelling, but you sense the strangest... eminations...

You blank out.

You have a little dream...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:31:20 pm by Qloos »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 06:05:21 pm »

Dont say anything and go in the forest.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »

Roboboy is the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 06:28:28 pm »

I have a plan. He hasn't said "Please don't make that look while staring at me" yet. All we have to do is cut out his tounge. IF he can't talk he he won't be able to invoke his doom. Don't tell him this. Whisper this to his wife making extra sure to have noone stare or even look at the idiot. THe have the old guy knock him out from behind. Then cut out his tounge.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 06:31:49 pm »

I have a plan. He hasn't said "Please don't make that look while staring at me" yet. All we have to do is cut out his tounge. IF he can't talk he he won't be able to invoke his doom. Don't tell him this. Whisper this to his wife making extra sure to have noone stare or even look at the idiot. THe have the old guy knock him out from behind. Then cut out his tounge.

:o

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »

Hey according to the timelord Dr who "Sometimes knowing your own future enables you to change it, especially if you're bloody-minded, contradictory and completely unpredictable."

So knock him out while he's gagged and cut out his tounge. He can live a long happy life as a mute as long as he can write down everything he want's to say.

We all know violence is the best solution.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:43:59 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 07:57:42 pm »

No. No. No. No. no. nononono, NO.
Do NOT do that.
Do NOT do that.
We are, unlike his girlfriend, not crazy dagger psychopaths.
And we're certainly not above the law.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 08:39:00 pm »

Look we're trying to screw destiny here. We're going to need some drastic measures, and we need them fast. This guy only has time for two sentences and ten seconds max before he dies. If we want to save him we NEED to up our ante. Besides we're doing it to save his life who's going to complain if he lives because of us. Not him thats for sure, not without a a tounge. And I don't see you coming up with any solutions. My fix may be violent and dangerous but at least it's got a good chance of working, provided he doesn't drown in his own blood.
Violence is the universal answer to all problems as long as you're not afraid to use enough of it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:40:48 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 08:47:31 pm »

Violence is not the universal answer to all problems. He's agagged anyway, and if you think you cna just go and cut someone's tongue off without any consequences, you're crazy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5