Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Omens: A Seer's Life.  (Read 6647 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Omens: A Seer's Life.
« on: December 10, 2011, 06:06:50 pm »

How to take part:
Choose the main characters actions, determine how to interpret the signs and find the right path for yourself and those around you.

Chapter 1: The Seer.

You are asleep. 

In your dreams you see a familiar robe, illuminated by orb light.  In a loving voice, she tells you the art of divination.
"Anything can be a sign, from a blade of grass to the shaking of the very Earth; if you know where to look, you can find answers to all of life's questions."

She pauses and sighs.

"That's what I used to think, but we tend to subtly hide from truth's harshness... the truth has ways of bringing out the worst in us."

Looking sad, she places a hand on your head.

"Sometimes it's best to let fate take its course and tell convenient lies.  Attempting to attain the most pleasant outcome can cause only pain."

You wake.

What was that?  Why would you dream about your mother now?  Although dream interpretation is a clumsy form of fortune telling, you should still reflect upon it's meaning... screw it.  It's too much trouble to think about.  You'll draw a tarot card and have breakfast.  You don't have time for foggy midnight whims of seeing your mother again.

What?

Today is not going to be a good day.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:05:51 pm by Qloos »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Omens: A Seer's Life.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:27:11 pm »

It obviously means were a fool for not thinking about our mother. Think about her.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »

It obviously means were a fool for not thinking about our mother. Think about her.

"oooooooooo"
You try really hard to remember your mother, but you can't remember the person, herself.  She passed away early in your life.  All you remember is teachings on how to be a seer.

There are omens, which is looking into the past to find answers.  Sortilege: using items to assist in tellings such as cards, crystal balls, bones.  Unconstrained is your favourite, you just close your eyes and the first thing you see when you open them is a sign.

You hate Augury, which is divination using the time consuming dowsing rods or reading animal entrails to read the future.  Not that you mind the blood, it's just alot of wo- 

*knock knock*  Oh a customer, it seems a messenger bird has just arrived as well.  You're still hungry, you want to ignore them both and enjoy a piece of flat bread.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:44:28 pm by Qloos »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 06:44:34 pm »

Read the message.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:05:29 pm »

Read the message.

You unravel the parchment, shooing the bird from your window frame.  (You dont want droppings inside.)

"Dear Olenall, thank you for the advice last week, my wife loved the shepherds pie I made.  Could you run me an errant later today?  My daughter wants to come visit us, but she might not know the way through the forest, she can be a handfull.  In exchance, I'll be happy to hire a carpenter to fix up your buiding, that one wall is looking a little slanted.  With thanks, Rhyn Gevia."

"..."
Why did he write you a letter, send it by carrier, sign and put his seal on it when he's your neighbour?  You give your head a little shake, trying to dislodge any thoughts that the person next door is that senile.  You put down the excessive letter.  As you fingers leave it's surface a vision comes to you.

Black racoon, dog, sheep and the darkness.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »

Oh ****, your neighbour is in big trouble!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:17 pm »

GO GET THAT GIRL. SHES IN TROUBLE.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 07:48:55 pm »

GO GET THAT GIRL. SHES IN TROUBLE.
Oh ****, your neighbour is in big trouble!

"Oh no!"
The Gevia family took care of you after your mother passed away, you can't let anything happen to this girl!  You can get to the other side of the forest in two hours if you hurry.  You throw on your coat, throw open the door and run ou-

You can't remember the last few moments too well, your head hurts and you're on your butt.  A stern looking man is standing in front of you, nothing happens by chance.  Maybe you should slow down and figure out what's going on.

"..."

You glare at the guy, he hasn't offered you a hand up or even said sorry yet.  You're getting more and more pissed off by the second.

He seems to react to you glaring at him.
"Hi, my names Derek, I want to have my fortune read.  I heard you were really good at it and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, how much does it cost?"

"..."
That pisses you off even more, you don't have time for submissive twirps.

"... Please don't put a curse on me..."

While imagining yourself performing Augury on this worms guts, you get a premonition of all the times in the future he'll ever utter the words "Please don't [...]" in chronological order for the rest of his life.  This amount of divination is quite surprising on your part.

• "Please don't tell me something horrific"
  • "Please don't make fun of me"
  • "Please don't wander."
  • "Please don't make that look while staring at me"
  • "Please don't kill me" <--- You also determine he will die in less than 10 seconds after saying that line, regardless when or how he says it. This divination may not be changed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:16:45 pm by Qloos »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 08:07:04 pm »

"Don't ever say "Please don't kill me". You'll die ten seconds later." the proceed to do what you were doing before.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:50 pm »

"Don't ever say "Please don't kill me". You'll die ten seconds later." the proceed to do what you were doing before.

"Hi, Derek was it?  This is important, so listen carefully:  Whatever you do, don't say 'Please don't kill me' or else you will d-"

"Please don't tell me something horrific like that, even if it's a joke"  Unable to even look you in the eyes, he smiles nervously.

"O-ok, we'll I'm in a hurry so I'll be going."  You stutter, trying to organize your thoughts. 
Wow, this guy already took the next foretold step, I better prevent him from saying the 'please' word anymore - for his sake. Why did this guy show up at the same time as the messenger bird?  Is he part of that vision I had?  Is he the dog in the vision?  He can't be the dog, he's too cowardly, he's gotta be the sheep.  I should try to get him to come with me, it's bad luck to try and change fate...

Yeah, thanks for reminding me this morning, Mom. it's bad to avoid the prophecy just because it looks ominous.  The darkness probably just a little warning about taking too long getting home and letting the sun set on us in the forest.  Yeah, just a small warning.

"Hey, want to go for a walk with me, Derek?  I promise I won't talk about anything scary."

"Ok, Mrs..."

"Olenall"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:18:28 pm by Qloos »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:49 am »

Each tie an end of a rope to a wrist to avoid getting separated in the forest.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 11:26:23 am »

Head toward the forest

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 03:57:27 pm »

Each tie an end of a rope to a wrist to avoid getting separated in the forest.
Head toward the forest

You walk towards the forest to the East and reflect on the local geography.

There's no need to go North to town today, ('good' you think, 'that would take all day') she'll probably be waiting at the old forest road just accross the woods.  The wood is dense, but not obstructed by brush and bramble.  Uninterrupted by glade or rock, the coniferous forest mirrors the same old growth pattern for miles.  Thankfully, getting lost in this section of forest is quite hard, the East side of the trees is always more mossy.

"Huh?  B-but, I have a gir-"

You fold your arms.

He really doesn't like it, and grumbles constantly as you tie the knot.

"Are you a man?  Don't be so embarrassed, I haven't even touched you."

"You seem like the kind of person who gets enjoyment from others displeasure, I'm telling you that this rope is going to cause problems once we get to the other side.  Oh, and please don't make fun of m-

"EEEEEE?!"
You kicked him, damn, too slow.

You begin to walk through the forest, it's a walk like any other and two hours later you're on the other side.  You didn't think someone could be stubborn enough to pout for two hours straight.  Atleast it was a quiet journey, as you approach the clearing you make out a lady dressed in a purple sweater and an older man who you recognize sitting next to her.

"Oh!"      "Ah, you're early..."

"Huh?!  Are you being unfaithful?"                   

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »

Pacify the lady by telling her if you didn't tie her boyfriend up he would fall to his horrible and painful death. Or he would annoy you so much you use him for an augury.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:19:44 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 05:59:39 pm »

Just go into the forest.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5