Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: &'s everywhere  (Read 4390 times)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
&'s everywhere
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:56 am »

A few frames after my badass weaponsmith mayor became possessed, and took a metalforge, a diplomat showed up. This is no normal diplomat. Let the Images speak for themselves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's title is law-giver, whatever that means. Unusual title for a mere diplomat. Its name is "otthat splattercarnages the smokes of boring"

Ill see what happens. my metalsmith had just grabbed a steel bar, so he might make something to fight it off with if its dangerous, or grace its labyrinth if its not. I hope to find a way to keep it from leaving the map when its done talking to my possessed mayor.

Anyway, its choice of attire alone has me bowing before my computer monitor.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
Re: &'s everywhere
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:21:16 am »

Its a diplomat ffs open communeications! Be the first dorfs to have peaceful relations to demons!
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:27:04 am »

Funny. I knew that leaders of civs could be demons but I've never heard of diplomats or similar lessers under the monarch being demons.

You must teach your dwarves the demon-tongue, so that they may shout otherworldly battle cries at their enemies.
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:31:27 am »

First time I've heard of this also. Well done. Now to see if he will return the next year.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:35:47 am »

It was Peaceful, luckily. Here's a shot of it with my baron (on the staircase) who is conducting a meeting (presumably with it), and my mayor (who is still collecting materials for his steel weapon).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I looked on the civ menu. I had presumed he was a dwarven god, but Neltipesor is actually the human civ. The human trade caravan came right after him. I've never gotten a non-dwarven diplomat In all the game-years I've played (I have a decade fort, and this one is a mere five years old) What is this!?

EDIT: it IS representing the humans (though it did disregard water in its fort entry (through the sewers). "Greetings noble dwarf" quoth she. "its such a pleasent place you've carved out for yourselves" quoth she. "Its been an honor, noble cog okilerib. I bid you farewell" WHY SO HASTY. I locked her in the baron's dining room. lets see what happens.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:43:36 am by Cellmonk »

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

It's actually not too rare.  Humans are gullible, so they frequently get demons taking on roles in their government, who then become eligible to come over to your fortress as a diplomat.  I suspect having a demon diplomat increases your chance of getting a human-civ diplomat at all, since they're less likely to be killed in worldgen.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:41:05 am »

It's actually not too rare.  Humans are gullible, so they frequently get demons taking on roles in their government, who then become eligible to come over to your fortress as a diplomat.  I suspect having a demon diplomat increases your chance of getting a human-civ diplomat at all, since they're less likely to be killed in worldgen.

Lucky for you he didn't show up with a syndrome or other nasty power.  Nothing like a diplomat trailing deadly dust all over your fortress.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Vharuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 12:54:42 am »

I've had the same thing.  The human civ's diplomat was a demon and scared the crap out of me.  Turns out he was a total bro; he messed up a goblin ambush trailing his caravan in no time flat, saving a lot of my dwarves.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:13 am »

Woo, bro demons are cool bros. Don't let them tell you they're all eeeeevvviiiilllll.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 01:08:45 am »

Yeah, he was such a bro that I decided I'd rather wall him into my lovely baron's dining room than have him leave off the map and get deleted from my world. (btw: I'm gearing up for next release, when creatures who leave the map aren't destroyed).

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 04:52:11 am »

Elven nail clothing is cool.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:45:27 pm »

Yeah, he was such a bro that I decided I'd rather wall him into my lovely baron's dining room than have him leave off the map and get deleted from my world. (btw: I'm gearing up for next release, when creatures who leave the map aren't destroyed).
This.

Toss him a naked goblin every now and then.  Even though you can't see his mood, it will undoubtedly improve it.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

Insanity will still be creeping, and he is a demon...

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »

This.

Toss him a naked goblin every now and then.  Even though you can't see his mood, it will undoubtedly improve it.

Exactly. Though, considering his choice of jewelry, his preferences may lie elsewhere. I might have to reconsider my previously diplomatic relations with the elves, so that this total bro of dwarrows stays as comfortable as possible.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 07:58:38 pm »

Insanity will still be creeping, and he is a demon...

Speaking of which, she just entered a berserk rage. She doesn't show any inclination of destroying all the masterwork furniture in her new (borrowed) lair, though, so I assume she's content. I'll just think of it as demon PMS.

EDIT: maybe I'll send a noble in to calm her down.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:00:52 pm by Cellmonk »
Pages: [1] 2