Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: For Your Consideration  (Read 4195 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
For Your Consideration
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:44:12 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen of the forum, I would like to present for your consideration, the following situation:

You and your tribe live on an Island with three other tribes,

The Yellow tribe is universally placid, peaceful and innocent. Each Yellow provides for themselves and is entirely self-sufficent. They have no concept of warfare or property, and they never fight or steal from anyone, within their tribe or without. The Green tribe, rather than providing for themselves, kill and dismember members of the Yellow tribe, eating their flesh, drinking their blood and building their homes from the bones and skin of the Yellows. The Red tribe takes this cannibalism a step further: they kill members of all tribes, Yellow, Red or Green, and, if not for your own incredible strength, would certainly try to kill and eat you as well. There is no food on the island except for that which the Yellow Tribe manages to grow, but they are willing to share what they can spare with the other tribes. Many members of your tribe, the Blues, supliment this diet with the meat of the others, just as the Reds do. Others, feeling themselves more moral, restrict themselves only to eating the Yellows, sparing both Red and Green. It is taboo for a Blue to eat another Blue, and it is considered strange for a Blue to refuse to eat a Yellow.

Many say that it is the will of God, or the way of Nature for the Yellows to be eaten. Others claim that the Yellows are too stupid to be worth shedding tears over, too stupid to feel pain or fear for their lives when their killers come. It is said that the Yellows don't have souls. The Yellows hardly put up more than a token resistance to being killed, so they must not object too much. All convincing arguements, so the choice is clear: Eat as you wish, sparing the Greens and Reds if such suits you, or not if it suits you not to, but feast upon the Yellows as much as you like, with neither guilt nor pause!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For Your Consideration
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:50:11 pm »

If other living things weren't meant to be eaten, they wouldn't be made out of food.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 08:50:41 pm »

Okay, Mom, I'll eat my infants, but can you steam them first?
If other living things weren't meant to be eaten, they wouldn't be made out of food.
Yesssssss.....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:05 pm »

Say, have you ever noticed that we taste like sweeter, fattier pork?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:28 pm »

We need star trek replicators so these tribes don't have to fight anymore.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:55:24 pm »

How do you sleep at night, oh eater of the innocent, whose teeth have torn apart a thousand upon a thousand upon a thousand living beings?
With a full stomach.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »

I'm sorry plants for eating you.  You can eat me if you want to.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:14 pm »

The story-analogy has a few flaws.

To amend this, I propose the following: Mention that, aside from eating the Yellows, the Blues, Reds, and Greens would all die otherwise, save some sort of miracle. And that after Blues, Reds, and Greens die, the Yellows let the corpses rot, then go and feast on whatever's left.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:58 pm »

I would eat whoever crashed the boat / plane and landed me on this messed-up island first and foremost, followed by whichever tribe is the most delicious.

So what does fruit equate to in this situation? Clearly not a yellow; I'm not eating the entire plant. Did I eat a yellow's poop when I had that apple earlier today, or a severed limb or what?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 09:03:25 pm »

So what does fruit equate to in this situation? Clearly not a yellow; I'm not eating the entire plant. Did I eat a yellow's poop when I had that apple earlier today, or a severed limb or what?
You ate its babies.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:04:03 pm »

I would eat whoever crashed the boat / plane and landed me on this messed-up island first and foremost, followed by whichever tribe is the most delicious.

More like unborn fetus, but the fetus needs to be eaten or aborted in order to be birthed.....Grimdark....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »

Oh, as long as this analogy is going, don't forget to mention that the blues like to cut off the yellows' genitalia and present them to other blues as a sign of affection.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:08:24 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:18:04 am by Ogdibus »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 09:14:10 pm »

I'm good friends with some yellows that thoroughly enjoy killing and eating the greens and reds, when possible.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:41 pm »

What was the point of this rather inaccurate thought experiment?
Pages: [1] 2 3