Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wresting, weapons, and breaking joints  (Read 987 times)

Urist McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wresting, weapons, and breaking joints
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:56:28 am »

I've been playing a lot of adventure mode lately, and I realized that there are two issues with wrestling. With few exceptions, any protrusion you grab can only be pinched. It'd be pretty cool if you could choose to break an enemy's thumb (off?) or attack some kind of joint/pressure point rather than just pinch it off. The second issue is that, once a weapon/shield/corpse/sack/whatever is stuck in an enemy, the only options are to move away, twist it in, or drop the item and leave it stuck in them. You can still wrestle it with your hand and grab it, but there's nothing to do with it. It'd be pretty cool if there were an option in its wrestling menu to remove it.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, or if it's not as clear as it could be. Just some ideas.
You wouldn't rush Goya or Faulkner or Tarantino. Think about Toady as equal to those artists. And then deal with it.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wresting, weapons, and breaking joints
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:03:26 am »

you can use I to remove stuck in items.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Urist McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »

Items stuck in your character.
You wouldn't rush Goya or Faulkner or Tarantino. Think about Toady as equal to those artists. And then deal with it.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »

Items stuck in your character.

Pretty sure that [I]nteract works for items stuck in both your adventurer and any enemies you're standing close to.